Nintendo NX unveiling (20/10/16 @ 10pm)

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never expected Nintendo to compete in terms of raw power with PS4/XBone but will be a huge mistake if the rumored 720p screen is true. In this day and age, the minimum you have to go for is 1080p.
Agreed too. It's ok to lose out to Sony and Microsoft in terms of raw power e.g. rendering, textures, shaders, etc.

I would accept the portable console to be at 720p display caused by hardware limitations... But on TV wise, it's gotta be at 1080p and I don't mean upscaled graphics.

I mean just look at our smartphones and tablets, they are already sitting on 1080p resolution very comfortably. And they are all moving towards 4k displays like the upcoming Samsung S8.

Heading on the 720p (on TV) is really a huge step backwards IMO :(

Sent from "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things."
- Theodore Roosevelt using GAGT

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Its not possible to have comparable specs with ps4/xb1, to do that and sell at 250 usd would most likely mean selling the console at a loss, which is never nintendo's intention. Their hardware is always overpriced in terms of components used, ppl who got buy their stuff before will sure know.

They also wont get much 3rd party support, partly because of the reason above, partly because of their choice of storage for the games: cartridge. How big can those get? I play pc versions of lots of newer titles, most of them are like 40gb minimum.

The switch's selling point is pretty much the same titles: zelda, mario, mario kart, splatoon, etc. Either you like them or you dont. Also got a bunch of 3rd party games that traditionally only appear on nintendo handhelds like shin megami tensei, bravely default, monster hunter, pokemon.
Well. You can think of the cartridge as sd cards. Think the target size is 32gb. Or less. Which I think is smart move they can make the footprint small without any disk drive. And it should be quite competitive in terms of read speed against bluray drives.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Aiya. Liked what I said a few pages down, lack of information = speculation = disappointment

qwertified

Reaction score
I never expected Nintendo to compete in terms of raw power with PS4/XBone but will be a huge mistake if the rumored 720p screen is true. In this day and age, the minimum you have to go for is 1080p.

To do 1080p IS to compete with ps4 and xb1 liao ma lol. TBH those 2 consoles dont even do 1080p that well, 90% of the titles only can maintain 30 fps or less.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hyperx_76

Reaction score
Yes we ought to be cautious about the overhype, at the end of the day this is just like vita with vita tv function included, except that:

1. Vita tv only works with a limited no of titles for whatever stupid reason; this one should work for all titles
2. This is essentially a nintendo portable console with the convenience of porting the games to tv, the library of games available should be impressive. Just dont expect sui sui 1080p 60fps graphics with AA as that has never been nintendo's strongsuit, just upscaled mobile quality games.

some games with many touchscreen control cant work on VTV la. even you connect a DS4, using the touchpad for the touchscreen function is gonna be a pain. just like trying to play games on pc using touchpad instead of a mouse. however i do agree that sony could have done more to support it. both vita product are kinda being treated like a b@stard child.

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm quite hype for It , but waiting to see which games coming out first . Hopefully fire emblem and MH stories get to release soon and of course New animal crossing !

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's say price is acceptable to you, which shop you guys will PO the system from ?

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Think the price in the first month will be crazily expensive. Will wait out for a couple of months for it to stable down. And also if the specs is worth the price haha as well as regional locking.

Hope Nintendo can be consumers friendly this time round. :(

Where to buy ah? Probably playe bah for me.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's say price is acceptable to you, which shop you guys will PO the system from ?

Unless it's an urgent need and the confirmed specs are desirable, I would consider PO.

Otherwise no.

Prefer to wait for the prices/stocks to stabilise, see if there's any console bundles, and read some reviews first.

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@tb_jh , I hate region lock , it's so stupid ! Hope Nintendo remove that crap . Never heard of playe will check it out.
Normally I buy system from funan, now don't know where Liao .

@ethan, read before leaks that there will be a mario bundle , suppose to also have a Zelda one but seems like not happening now .

Wait a few mths like a too Long, if release price is $500 or less I'll probably buy on first day .

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
@tb_jh , I hate region lock , it's so stupid ! Hope Nintendo remove that crap . Never heard of playe will check it out.
Normally I buy system from funan, now don't know where Liao .

@ethan, read before leaks that there will be a mario bundle , suppose to also have a Zelda one but seems like not happening now .

Wait a few mths like a too Long, if release price is $500 or less I'll probably buy on first day .
think the old name is Qisahn. they changed to PLAYe.

http://play-e.com/

nope. i am not associated to them. site is slow though.
500SGD? doubt so bah :s13:
the demand for the system will be high since WiiU was such a mess.

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think the old name is Qisahn. they changed to PLAYe.

http://play-e.com/

nope. i am not associated to them. site is slow though.
500SGD? doubt so bah :s13:
the demand for the system will be high since WiiU was such a mess.

Qisahn broke out of PLAYe just a few days ago :s13:

Wa if more than $500 that would be insane, PS4 Slim 1TB RRP @ $499... :s22:

And I doubt NX specs (excluding the portability features of course) would be better than PS4... :s22:

ethan89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nothing much about the console though... All it shows is it's ability to "switch" to portable mode and some gameplay mechanics of the future Zelda title :(

Still have doubts whether it's as good as their marketing campaign claims...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.