[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! ! - Part 2

brythng

Reaction score
eh! can meh? Mind sharing the cost? feel like changing mine to a universal variant :p

W500 to W900 upgrade is 1k on the dot for pre-order special. But sound is damn swee. Very different signature from W500 though, so you better try before you jump ship.

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jJKAAeH.jpg

New speakers Lai Liao..

GPA audio 604 8H ii ( altec 604 reproduction ) in altec 620 cabinets.

Time to mess about with speaker placement.

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, I read the sound glossary at least 5 times already, still reading repeatedly :s22: hopefully I'll be able to memorize all the term :)
Thanks anyway! Appreciate it!

But head fi cannot be trusted sometimes. Some reviews are so good that they can make budget IEM can outperform a TOTL.

Sent from iPhone 13 using GAGT

That I truly agree. But I still feel. Hearing for yourself is the best.

xuan87

Reaction score
5019D537-767E-43FB-8513-D6C3A016B325_zpspfrktlzm.jpg

Bought 2nd hand from a fellow audio lover. Price for a new one shipped from Japan is about $400, got this for $280.

Right now, I seem to be leaning more towards used goods now for the better price haha.

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2kektUWl.jpg

Think I've reached my desktop end game. R2R NOS11 goodness

Sent from my S7 Edge using GAGT

IMHO, this is only the beginning. There's more stuff that you can do to improve this DAC/AMP's sound quality, especially on your source/transport. Audio-gd DACs works best with I2S input(Think Singxer SU-1 or Audio-gd DI-U8).

Also this Dac can benefit from cleaner and stronger power and additional internal tweaks(e.g. removing ribbon cables/power of unused inputs).

You should also experiment with Software based Upsampling for this NOS DAC and optimising your PC's latency peformance for better audio quality.

optisailor2002

Reaction score
Finally can post images (i hope!). Not hooted today, but over the last month:

MC4Zfwf.jpg

Schiit Bifrost Uber, Shanling PH300 headphone amp, Hifiman HE-400i

and more recently, because hand itchy and because i needed a pair of office headphones:

p4IKGOf.jpg

Fostex T40RP mk3

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.