Yakuza 6 PS4

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
English version coming 'early 2018'.
Kiwami English version also coming, 2017.

shin7829

Reaction score
English version is at least 2 years late.

The latest available English version is Yakuza 5. Japanese version was Dec 2012, English version Dec 2015.

Now English versions still missing:
- Yakuza Ishin (JP: Feb 2014, EN: probably never?)
- Yakuza 0 (JP: Mar 2015, EN: Jan 2017)
- Yakuza Kiwami (JP: Jan 2016, EN: ?)

It's a long long wait. If you know Chinese, why not just get Chinese version? I always prefer reading Kanji names in Chinese anyway.

understanding some japanese
IMO,the english translation aren't too accurate to begin with

i would prefer the chinese version if i cannot wait.

the yakuza story is very good
but playing from yakuza3,4,5
some of the mechanism dont change much, this alone sometimes make me skip most of the things that substories told.
the gestures ppl make also the same,,....like those huh, ooi ooi, hand waving, shoulder showing etc lol

yakuza 6 is last episode
its good in some way, end it while its still in glory , dont be like dynasty warriors N series lol

btw dynasty warriors seems to hibernate 2years liao lol?
used to be every year one time machiam like paying income tax lmao

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I haven't played much of the series but I think at least the fighting mechanics have changed (in 0, kiwami, maybe also 5), they have different fighting styles that you can select. 0 also made a big change by doing away with xp, everything is based on money, to better suit the period.

I always feel that no matter how the graphics improves, the character models always feel off, especially the shoulders, always put them in odd posture. Perhaps they wear shoulder pads but that's not it, the upper body shape is just off, feels like early days 3D models with low polygon count or action figures that are not very articulate. And the mouth always look weird (but it looks ok in this one).

Dynasty Warriors where got hibernate, each numbered generation will be followed up with Empires, Xtreme Legends, now even have turn-based strategy one. And there's expansions like the recent 真田丸 (I don't even know it's dlc expansion or yet another separate game like xtreme legends). And the same Omega team has been making tons of other musou games.

shin7829

Reaction score
I haven't played much of the series but I think at least the fighting mechanics have changed (in 0, kiwami, maybe also 5), they have different fighting styles that you can select. 0 also made a big change by doing away with xp, everything is based on money, to better suit the period.

I always feel that no matter how the graphics improves, the character models always feel off, especially the shoulders, always put them in odd posture. Perhaps they wear shoulder pads but that's not it, the upper body shape is just off, feels like early days 3D models with low polygon count or action figures that are not very articulate. And the mouth always look weird (but it looks ok in this one).

Dynasty Warriors where got hibernate, each numbered generation will be followed up with Empires, Xtreme Legends, now even have turn-based strategy one. And there's expansions like the recent 真田丸 (I don't even know it's dlc expansion or yet another separate game like xtreme legends). And the same Omega team has been making tons of other musou games.

no leh i think dyanasty warriors hibernate 1 year liao?
or i remember wrongly
last is extreme legends 8 ba?

by right shin sangoku musou 8 should be out by now liao lol

anyway i am pretty amazed by yakuza one off strip posture before a showdown fight despite they wearing coat and etc

LOL one

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got yakuza kawami, chinese version and i like it...
this kind of game if english translate lost the "feel"...

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
i got yakuza kawami, chinese version and i like it...
this kind of game if english translate lost the "feel"...
Ya, EN translation just doesn't feel right. Actually to me a lot of comic-based games also don't feel right in EN, cos I read the manga in Chinese. To me Japanese names are easier read in CH, in EN always get confused who's who.

I refused to buy kiwami though. It's remake of yakuza 1, so it follows yakuza 0 (story timeline as well as game engine, fighting system, etc). They refused to sell me Chinese version of yakuza 0, so I am not buying kiwami. Don't know why Sega doesn't sell 0 on sg psn. I heard there's a part where you have to enter Chinese char and it's using 注音符号and not 汉语拼音, maybe they think we won't know what to do. Though I doubt Hong Kong uses 注音符号but they don't mind selling in HK.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Game is out!

rfNfqXT.jpg

But what's with all the SGD6.60 DLCs? :(

Edit:

The SG store description doesn't say much (nor do they even spell check):
"Kiryu SSR" for "Ryu Ga Gotoku 6 Inochinouta" clan creater. The package will arrive at hiding place after perchace. The special data will be available after open the package.

The TW store description has more info:
人中之龍6 生命詩篇。的小遊戲「幫派創造者」中使用的特別組長「桐生一馬(SSR)」的資料。購買後將隨包裹送至遊戲中的根據地,開封後即可獲得該組長資料。特別組長「桐生一馬(SSR)」的魅力在於均衡的能力,技能「堂島之龍」能大幅強化我方全體成員的攻擊力10秒。

So it's for a mini-game then.

Last edited:

masashi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Game is out!

rfNfqXT.jpg

Edit:

"Kiryu SSR" for "Ryu Ga Gotoku 6 Inochinouta" clan creater. The package will arrive at hiding place after perchace. The special data will be available after open the package.

人中之龍6 生命詩篇。的小遊戲「幫派創造者」中使用的特別組長「桐生一馬(SSR)」的資料。購買後將隨包裹送至遊戲中的根據地,開封後即可獲得該組長資料。特別組長「桐生一馬(SSR)」的魅力在於均衡的能力,技能「堂島之龍」能大幅強化我方全體成員的攻擊力10秒。

Ya the gang creator card game Macam like mobage for SSR, UR nonsense :(

Sent from The place of no tomorrow using GAGT

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For gamer like me who have never played yakuza games before,

which yakuza game you will recommend for newbies ?

warboy85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Game is out!

rfNfqXT.jpg

Edit:

yakuza 6 is the latest series?

which psn store can dl tt ah

ckleow79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes the latest..... SG psn store can get it. But do note it's Chinese Version.

For english version, you will have to wait till early 2018

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

Ya latest, just out today (in Japan and Asia), Chinese version released on the same day (English will be 2018).

It's conveniently on SG psn store (Chinese only). There's a free demo too if you want to try out first. The demo is the beginning part of chapter 1 and the open world (while many parts are blocked off) can be explored, the mini-games are there too. Demo progress carries into the full game.

warboy85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya latest, just out today (in Japan and Asia), Chinese version released on the same day (English will be 2018).

It's conveniently on SG psn store (Chinese only). There's a free demo too if you want to try out first. The demo is the beginning part of chapter 1 and the open world (while many parts are blocked off) can be explored, the mini-games are there too. Demo progress carries into the full game.

so its speak jap but chi sub?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.