Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, anyone had experience with car rentals in Osaka/Kyoto?
Planning a day rental for my day along the coast.
Already got my international license.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice regarding the bus option in Kyoto. After reading what you guys said, I've decided to do away with passes - just use icoca for everything. :s13: will still take buses if necessary / required though. But at least I don't need to stick to just buses...

chirurene

Reaction score
Does anyone know the last departure time for Kobe City Bus 16 from Rokko Cable Shita Station? :s11: I'm planning to go up Mt Rokko for the night view but I'm scared that I will miss the last bus and get stuck at the station

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the last departure time for Kobe City Bus 16 from Rokko Cable Shita Station? :s11: I'm planning to go up Mt Rokko for the night view but I'm scared that I will miss the last bus and get stuck at the station

http://www.city.kobe.lg.jp/life/access/transport/bus/jikoku/basjikoku/013101.pdf
this one? depends on what period you going, if go around this month then around 6pm is quite dark. Most will stay until 7pm or so because it is freezing on top. I doubt people stay long, up there not much stuff to do and ropeway also got closing time also.
I went last year during November.

chirurene

Reaction score
Yes that's the one thanks! Yeah going there this month, I'm not planning to stay long up there. Is there any difference in the routes for those in circles and those without?

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got plans to go tokyo end of Jan 2017.
1st time to japan. somehow a last minute sudden decision to go.
no research on japan b4 and knows nothing there.

7 days trip. where to go? what to do? which area to stay? any other tips i should know? solo trip by the way

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

7 days trip. where to go? what to do? which area to stay? any other tips i should know? solo trip by the way

Quick tip is to go to a bookshop/library and grab a Japan travel book. See which one interests you so that we can advice further. Some likes sightseeing, some likes to shop only, some likes anime, etc.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just use this to guide you, very well organized and easy to understand:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank cutes for the advices.. i think will still be winter there in Jan. no go encounter winter b4.. what kind of winter wear is minimally needed.

able to get in unliqo? or got cheaper place to get?

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quick question.

Haneda or Narita?

any difference on where to fly to?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank cutes for the advices.. i think will still be winter there in Jan. no go encounter winter b4.. what kind of winter wear is minimally needed.

able to get in unliqo? or got cheaper place to get?

it depends on individual "cold resist"

the common sense would be to layer up. I would say you can grab heattech from uniqlo, wear a shirt then add on layers like sweaters/jumper, windbreaker, neckwarmer/muffler, gloves and beanie

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quick question.

Haneda or Narita?

any difference on where to fly to?

I like Haneda better. Much closer. Monorail then Yamanote i will reach Tokyo very fast.
My experience of Red eye flight of SQ to Haneda is that i can clear custom everything and on train in 15-20mins when i step off the plane.

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like Haneda better. Much closer. Monorail then Yamanote i will reach Tokyo very fast.
My experience of Red eye flight of SQ to Haneda is that i can clear custom everything and on train in 15-20mins when i step off the plane.

simi is red eye flight?

what is usually the best timing to fly to tokyo?

thwysg

Reaction score
simi is red eye flight?

Meaning over the night and you reach your destination in the morning. You won't waste a day and you can drop your luggage at the hotel and start your itinerary.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
simi is red eye flight?

around midnight leave singapore and reach singapore morning. night sleeping time is all on plane. That's the best timing since you can extract maximum time in Japan. But depends on whether u can rest well on plane.

I landed in Haneda, Reached Tokyo Station before 7am. left all luggage in hotel and go to pass exchange office, that time the pass exchange office still closed (Starting 7:30). Then after getting the pass and buying all train tickets, i went to garden in Tokyo. Still closed also (Open 9am). I could extract the whole day from such flight. Since the flight is midnight, that day i could still work and then go back after work before going airport.

Last edited:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I fly redeye even though I can't get any form of sleep while flying

I just operate on fumes for day 1 and sleep earlier :s13:

lordleslie

Reaction score
just checking, first timer to tokyo, will be landing at narita airport.
8 days there and will be staying near yoyogi station.

what rail pass should I get if i'm heading around the yamamoto line?
the Tokunai Pass? or just get the suica card + n'ex return ticket combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.