samsung pay

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just called citibank and discussed with them over the decline enrolment of one specific credit card into samsung pay. after a month of effort, citibank finally isolated the cause of decline enrolment.

Cause: Citibank only provide 3 slots per physical card to be shared amongst android pay, samsung pay and apple pay. If the same phone/watch got reset and needs to re-add the card, the digital card number remains unchanged. meaning, one card is only capable of generating 3 different digital card number for 3 different devices only, including watches.

Resolution: to always de-enrol cards from older device should you be selling it or deactivating it. simply remove card through samsung pay app one by one so that the bank can release the slot for your new device.

If you don't do it diligently, you end up like me waiting for 1 month just to pray for a genius to appear, helping me to understand the constraints of the bank. :D

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You don't blur lah pls

Paypass is different from paywave

In sg, paypass can only be use for online purchase
I'm not familiar with the discount that you are referring to but in Singapore, Visa calls its contactless payment system Visa Paywave, while Mastercard calls theirs Mastercard PayPass. For purchases at shops, both services typically use the same NFC reader at the cashier.

Sent from Sent from Sony Xperia using GAGT

Last edited:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
You don't blur lah pls

Paypass is different from paywave

In sg, paypass can only be use for online purchase
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/contactless-payment-more-in-singapore-riding-the-wave

Quote from article:

But merchants like NTUC FairPrice, which started accepting PayWave and PayPass last month, said going contactless helps ramp up productivity. "It takes quite a lot of workload away from cashiers, is more accurate and queues are cleared faster," said chief executive Seah Kian Peng.

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/ebanking/mobile/mighty/howtodigitise.html

Digitise your UOB Debit and Credit Cards to pay with a tap at over 10,000 Visa payWave and MasterCard PayPass terminals in Singapore.

pointsandmiles

Reaction score
Problem with Vendor?

Tried with to pay a large bill of >$2000 at Harvey Norman with Samsung Pay using my Citi rewards card, it was rejected. Only up to $500 was allowed. I used Samsung Pay with my Citi Prestige card for the large sum and it was accepted. I called Citibank and they said it was not an issue with the card. Whose issue is it?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was using MST.

Tried with to pay a large bill of >$2000 at Harvey Norman with Samsung Pay using my Citi rewards card, it was rejected. Only up to $500 was allowed. I used Samsung Pay with my Citi Prestige card for the large sum and it was accepted. I called Citibank and they said it was not an issue with the card. Whose issue is it?

your citibank rewards card may have a set limit of $500 per transaction or per day. If you use your citibank online banking, there is an option for you to adjust the value.

I guess by default, it was assigned a lower value.

You can give the bank a call to up the value over the phone for that one transaction, or permanently up value for all future transactions. sadly, the citibank phone app does not allow you to do that.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Have you seen this machine b4 which outlets has it

PayPass-Technology-728x410.jpg

rambez

Reaction score
Did anyone take part in the Samsung pay nfc sim card promotion and win? It seemed like they did not announce the results even though the draw was on 2nd Dec.

crntbs

Reaction score
Have been getting errors when using the transit sim at middle entrance gates at downtown station. Had went to the smrt window and ask them to check my phone but they said there's nothing wrong. After that, no issue using the gate next to the window.

It was okay as well when taking bus and using at other mrt stations. Just wondering anyone had similar issue at downtown station?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have been getting errors when using the transit sim at middle entrance gates at downtown station. Had went to the smrt window and ask them to check my phone but they said there's nothing wrong. After that, no issue using the gate next to the window.

It was okay as well when taking bus and using at other mrt stations. Just wondering anyone had similar issue at downtown station?

its just random error at the gantry side, nothing is wrong with your phone. i get card error message on the gantry but just don't do anything and keep your phone near the reader, after the message goes off your card will be read again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.