Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meaning over the night and you reach your destination in the morning. You won't waste a day and you can drop your luggage at the hotel and start your itinerary.

around midnight leave singapore and reach singapore morning. night sleeping time is all on plane. That's the best timing since you can extract maximum time in Japan. But depends on whether u can rest well on plane.

I landed in Haneda, Reached Tokyo Station before 7am. left all luggage in hotel and go to pass exchange office, that time the pass exchange office still closed (Starting 7:30). Then after getting the pass and buying all train tickets, i went to garden in Tokyo. Still closed also (Open 9am). I could extract the whole day from such flight. Since the flight is midnight, that day i could still work and then go back after work before going airport.

i see i see.. makes sense wor.. can maximise the day.
but i check SIA no have red eye flight to tokyo. :s22: earliest is 8am flight. reach there 2pm+

so far ANA ticket cheapest. 670.
SIA 710
JAL 750

SIA can chalk up krisflyer miles

thwysg

Reaction score
but i check SIA no have red eye flight to tokyo. :s22: earliest is 8am flight. reach there 2pm+

SIA 710
JAL 750

Not true. All my flights to Tokyo and other airports in Japan are red-eye flights. Think there are flights at 2355 and around 0130.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

SIA 710
JAL 750

My upcoming SQ flight next monday is at 2355. :s22:

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:eek: oh yah hor.. i didnt think of looking at the last flight of the day b4.. :eek:

:s13::s13:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just checking, first timer to tokyo, will be landing at narita airport.
8 days there and will be staying near yoyogi station.

what rail pass should I get if i'm heading around the yamamoto line?
the Tokunai Pass? or just get the suica card + n'ex return ticket combo?

You mean Yamanote Line is it? Just get a SUICA will do, as you may need to take metro/TOEI. Unless all your points of interest are solely on JR, then Tokunai will make sense.

No more SUICA+NEX bundle now. Just the NEX round trip at 4000yen.

BTW, NEX will not stop at Yoyogi. Nearest NEX stop is Shinjuku. Then board the Yamanote for Yoyogi. The Same NEX pass allows you to take Yamanote. so don't come out from the JR platforms but proceed to Yamanote platforms.

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SIA 710
JAL 750

I think there are a few red eye flights. You can check Thai, Cathay or MAS if you dont mind transiting for a few hours.

lordleslie

Reaction score
You mean Yamanote Line is it? Just get a SUICA will do, as you may need to take metro/TOEI. Unless all your points of interest are solely on JR, then Tokunai will make sense.

No more SUICA+NEX bundle now. Just the NEX round trip at 4000yen.

BTW, NEX will not stop at Yoyogi. Nearest NEX stop is Shinjuku. Then board the Yamanote for Yoyogi. The Same NEX pass allows you to take Yamanote. so don't come out from the JR platforms but proceed to Yamanote platforms.

thanks, bro cpuer! Yup, I'm aware NEX don't stop at Shinjuku :)

Now trying to plan out my itinerary for the whole trip

lordleslie

Reaction score
by the way, if i'm interested to get ultra boost/ nmd, where will be a good place to hunt for them?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
by the way, if i'm interested to get ultra boost/ nmd, where will be a good place to hunt for them?
everywhere and nowhere

I believe ABC grandstage stores will sell them but the stocks get snapped up really quickly

NMD almost disappear as fast as they come in, Ultraboost somehow also suffer the same fate...

I almost lost my shiat looking for it with my friend who was the one who wanted it, just last month. I will never understand the heat behind it but I am not much of a sneakerhead to begin with

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

during my trip last month.. i tried so many stores.. all no stock..
got place got stock.. but no size.. only till size 7...

lordleslie

Reaction score
wa sian. thought of getting one pair on the first day of my trip as i heard they are very comfy as walking shoes.

buzzmario

Reaction score
Hi, for those tax fees item purchase in mashumoto and bic camera, they actually seal up in a pastic bag. So may I know these sealed bag suppose to check in or hand carry back to Singapore? Thanks

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, for those tax fees item purchase in mashumoto and bic camera, they actually seal up in a pastic bag. So may I know these sealed bag suppose to check in or hand carry back to Singapore? Thanks

By right should carry and show to custom that you are carrying out of Japan.
By left, they never ever check. 0%.
Normally in hotel, I remove the content and throw away the plastic bag. Easier to pack in luggage.

nemo88

Reaction score
Yah zero check. Heck sometimes the tax receipt counter is not even manned -- DIY remove receipts from passport and put in the basket LOL

I've unpacked when it's a shop that puts everything in one GIANT sealed bag. The nice dept stores actually seal most items individually so no need to remove at all.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what nike shoes are worth looking at?

Roshe?

My wife always buy airmax, colors not available in sg or even at Japan premium outlet..

For my recent trip, I brought a pair of pegasus rostarr, design was just out that month I went..

If looking for Nike, go to the store near harajuku

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah zero check. Heck sometimes the tax receipt counter is not even manned -- DIY remove receipts from passport and put in the basket LOL

I've unpacked when it's a shop that puts everything in one GIANT sealed bag. The nice dept stores actually seal most items individually so no need to remove at all.

Yeah DIY removal for the past 2 years. Last time few years ago the custom officer will remove at the counter when checking the passport. Now all DIY.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah DIY removal for the past 2 years. Last time few years ago the custom officer will remove at the counter when checking the passport. Now all DIY.

Last year at HND the custom officer got help me remove but ask my wife to help remove those on her passport..

This year at NRT, the lady ask me ownself remove..

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys anybody have experience on booking at sukiyabashi jiro. I understand that reservations can only be made one month in advance and usually you can ask ur hotel to help u book. But I am stay in bnb. Anyways around it thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.