samsung pay

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone take part in the Samsung pay nfc sim card promotion and win? It seemed like they did not announce the results even though the draw was on 2nd Dec.

mai kan cheong. they need time to sort out the details..

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
Have been getting errors when using the transit sim at middle entrance gates at downtown station. Had went to the smrt window and ask them to check my phone but they said there's nothing wrong. After that, no issue using the gate next to the window.

It was okay as well when taking bus and using at other mrt stations. Just wondering anyone had similar issue at downtown station?

I have been using the SIM NFC, so far no issue. Love it so far

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The professional cashier knows. The mft machine now changed to nfc

Harvey norman. Bpp (bukit panjang plaza)

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

aiyo bro. BPP is managed by capitaland and all stores in it, except the kiosks, support all samsung pay one way or another, by nfc or by mst. that being said, all support amex also, because of capitaland amex card. this info i got from a friend who used to work with capitaland management.

so likewise, if you choose to use mst, they have to oblige in it because its an approved mode of payment. taking Orchard Gateway for example, all stores, practically all stores, have the terminal to support apple pay, samsung pay and all contactless payment although they don't have the standalone nfc reader. their terminal is the conventional type with slot in and swiping number pad terminal, but with a built in nfc reader behind the screen. don't believe u go see. both mst and nfc tested working with my gear s3.

crntbs

Reaction score
its just random error at the gantry side, nothing is wrong with your phone. i get card error message on the gantry but just don't do anything and keep your phone near the reader, after the message goes off your card will be read again.
Dun think so coz have tried tapping again and still gave error. Else or otherwise, no issue elsewhere.

crntbs

Reaction score
The professional cashier knows. The mft machine now changed to nfc

Harvey norman. Bpp (bukit panjang plaza)

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
If i'm not wrong, if you want to use samsung pay as normal credit card without that $100 limit, just put your phone near the magnetic area of the device where you swap your credit card... nfc required separate device where you just need to tap your phone.

Also, nfc required nfc sim, while mst doesn't.

Last edited:

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i'm not wrong, if you want to use samsung pay as normal credit card without that $100 limit, just put your phone near the magnetic area of the device where you swap your credit card... nfc required separate device where you just need to tap your phone.

Maybe I misunderstood your post but you do not need an NFC SIM in your phone to use Samsung Pay at retail stores, whether via the NFC terminal or via MST (tapping the credit card swipe area).

You only need an NFC SIM if you want the additional and separate functionality of using your phone as an EZ link card, eg: to tap in and out of the MRT gantry or on buses.

Sent from Sent from Sony Xperia using GAGT

crntbs

Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood your post but you do not need an NFC SIM in your phone to use Samsung Pay at retail stores, whether via the NFC terminal or via MST (tapping the credit card swipe area).

You only need an NFC SIM if you want the additional and separate functionality of using your phone as an EZ link card, eg: to tap in and out of the MRT gantry or on buses.

You need nfc sim to use nfc terminal... mst does not required that... go google difference between samsung pay vs android pay or difference between nfc and mst to understand what i meant. Also... nfc sim is not only used for ezlink.. it existed way before ezlink...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yeah thats right. NFC sim is solely for transit purpose, doesn't play a part in samsung pay in any way..

also, don't be mistaken by the presence/obscence of contactless payment terminal. Nowadays, the rental for it doesn't come cheap and more merchants would rather have it built-in to the terminal.

The norm is this:
BT_20130227_GNCITIBANK27_425853e.jpg

But in orchard/town area, the norm is this:
contactless_card_payment.jpg

Contactless-Credit-Card-Clone-Debit-Contactless-Card-Fraud-Amazon-eBay-Clone-Stolen-Thieves-Warning-Which-Report-Contactless-593223.jpg

As long as the merchant is accepting VISA/Mastercard, then it should also accept samsung pay regardless its MST or NFC.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun think so coz have tried tapping again and still gave error. Else or otherwise, no issue elsewhere.

don't tap at the same gantry lor. tap somewhere else and it should be fine. cos once u get the error message, the system will take some time to resolve, likely the people behind u will also get a "no response" error for a few more seconds too.

crntbs

Reaction score
yeah thats right. NFC sim is solely for transit purpose, doesn't play a part in samsung pay in any way..
Not exactly correct... you will need nfc sim to make nfc payment. $100 limit is applicable to nfc payment. M1 website had a nfc sim faq regarding this.

also, don't be mistaken by the presence/obscence of contactless payment terminal. Nowadays, the rental for it doesn't come cheap and more merchants would rather have it built-in to the terminal.

As long as the merchant is accepting VISA/Mastercard, then it should also accept samsung pay regardless its MST or NFC.
Mst, which is exclusive to samsung pay works like a normal credit card. It mimic the magnetic strap of the credit card. Any merchants that accept credit card should accept samsung pay.

crntbs

Reaction score
don't tap at the same gantry lor. tap somewhere else and it should be fine. cos once u get the error message, the system will take some time to resolve, likely the people behind u will also get a "no response" error for a few more seconds too.
Yeah, i usually go to smrt window to check my phone and it was okay after that. Think i'll avoid middle gantry at downtown station for the time being...

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need nfc sim to use nfc terminal... mst does not required that... go google difference between samsung pay vs android pay or difference between nfc and mst to understand what i meant. Also... nfc sim is not only used for ezlink.. it existed way before ezlink...
Not exactly correct... you will need nfc sim to make nfc payment. $100 limit is applicable to nfc payment. M1 website had a nfc sim faq regarding this....
All I know is that I was using Samsung Pay on my S7E which had a normal SIM card to make payments at retail stores. No issues.

Only *later on* did I change my phone's SIM card to an NFC EZ link SIM to allow me to tap at MRT gantries as well.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not exactly correct... you will need nfc sim to make nfc payment. $100 limit is applicable to nfc payment. M1 website had a nfc sim faq regarding this.

i suggest you re-read the faq again.

nfc transit sim is like an ezlink card that works with both retail purchases and transit purpose. The $100 limit applies to all contactless payments unless otherwise stated, example apple pay on selected banks.

Therefore, as long as you choose to use ezlink payment mode for retail purchase, you are limited by the $100 limit.

that being said, samsung pay nfc mode has nothing to do with nfc transit sim card.

crntbs

Reaction score
All I know is that I was using Samsung Pay on my S7E which had a normal SIM card to make payments at retail stores. No issues.

Only *later on* did I change my phone's SIM card to an NFC EZ link SIM to allow me to tap at MRT gantries as well.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
Sry my bad. Confused myself between nfc tag and nfc mobile wallet. Nfc tag is built into the phone and doesn't required nfc sim. Just need to activate nfc and setup credit card to use on nfc terminal.

Mobile wallet required nfc sim. All the 3 main telco have their own version of mobile wallet.

Ezlink is a new thing that need nfc sim as well. But only applicable to new nfc sim that is bought after ezlink sim launch date.

crntbs

Reaction score
i suggest you re-read the faq again.

nfc transit sim is like an ezlink card that works with both retail purchases and transit purpose. The $100 limit applies to all contactless payments unless otherwise stated, example apple pay on selected banks.

Therefore, as long as you choose to use ezlink payment mode for retail purchase, you are limited by the $100 limit.

that being said, samsung pay nfc mode has nothing to do with nfc transit sim card.
Yeah, have re-read faq and realized where's my misunderstanding and have explained in the post above. Was confused coz am using m1 mobile wallet which required nfc sim.

crntbs

Reaction score
Anyone use this cc b4 ?? Can use for mrt travel , online purchase and shopping ??

30747445014_50a90b5765_b.jpg
Mrt travel required ezlink. The M1 NFC Prepaid MasterCard is a contactless payment service that enables you to make secure mobile payments at all MasterCard Paypass-accepting merchants worldwide. As the name sugggest, u'll need to topup in order to use. Not sure abt online purchase tho.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.