Wireless IP Camera thread

cherryade

Reaction score
based on my research there is no cloud server or cloud function on this camera, you might have been scammed bro. ( Don't take my word for it just yet, until i can actually verify the exact model )

which also explains why the video does not work after you removed the sd card.

can you please take a picture of the product and maybe the box, so i can help to see if i am able to find anything?

Apologies, due to post count Im unable to upload links or images..

But I found a sticker on the back of my camera with the model number - V380-Q5, resolution 720P. The seller did not provide me with any box when he came to install and mount for me.

Yup I'm also suspecting that it runs on the SD card instead of cloud.

His reply was: The micro sd card is being converted to be a micro chip for the camera technical support and use it as a backup. As this is a security camera, we need to have this security measure to ensure backup when there is a failure to the internet. I believe you have pulled out the microsd card to realize that the storage place immediately disappear, that is why the microsd card is being allocated to the camera. Once you pull out, the access is gone. Naturally the storage will not be shown.

He also told me that cloud storage function is the "download" function whereby Im allowed to download the footages from my mobile phone and challenged me to go to Sim Lim to request their sellers to show me that microsd card cameras are unable to download the footages directly to mobile phones.

Kind of doubt much of what he told me.

And now to think of it, he told me that this camera is 960P! When the sticker says otherwise ._.!

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score

But I found a sticker on the back of my camera with the model number - V380-Q5, resolution 720P. The seller did not provide me with any box when he came to install and mount for me.

His reply was: The micro sd card is being converted to be a micro chip for the camera technical support and use it as a backup. As this is a security camera, we need to have this security measure to ensure backup when there is a failure to the internet. I believe you have pulled out the microsd card to realize that the storage place immediately disappear, that is why the microsd card is being allocated to the camera. Once you pull out, the access is gone. Naturally the storage will not be shown.

He also told me that cloud storage function is the "download" function whereby Im allowed to download the footages from my mobile phone and challenged me to go to Sim Lim to request their sellers to show me that microsd card cameras are unable to download the footages directly to mobile phones.

And now to think of it, he told me that this camera is 960P! When the sticker says otherwise ._.!

Hahahaha, downloading of the footage is not cloud, almost every IPcams allows you to download the footage via App. ( LOL)

there is no cloud function, all your footage are stored in the MicroSD Card. period.

You have been lied to

cherryade

Reaction score
Hahahaha, downloading of the footage is not cloud, almost every IPcams allows you to download the footage via App. ( LOL)

there is no cloud function, all your footage are stored in the MicroSD Card. period.

You have been lied to

Oh dear. Okay thanks all for clarifying! Now I know.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ehhhh
cloud storage cfm is not your mobile or sdcard.
cloud storage is a online storage managed by a hosting company.

the video cfm is store in microsd card.
i think this seller use the wording wrongly.

* remember to change password of ur ip cam

Last edited:

earthlink

Reaction score
Thanks Dean for the help. Works fine after having it mount upside down.

You mount upside down on the ceiling or wall ? using the bracket provided I presumed ?

Grab the sineoji 713V online, video footage is really sharp, never need to pan it, it covers my entire hall including the dining area.

cherryade

Reaction score
ehhhh
cloud storage cfm is not your mobile or sdcard.
cloud storage is a online storage managed by a hosting company.

the video cfm is store in microsd card.
i think this seller use the wording wrongly.

* remember to change password of ur ip cam

Guess I've been lied to. I told him I wanted to try inserting my own SD card to see if the storage space is in the SD card and he threatened me that removing the SD card and replacing it with my own will void the warranty of the IP Cam. Yea now I know, so much for trusting blindly, thanks guys ;)

Yap initially he told me no need to set a password but I felt insecure and set it as soon as he left.

I've also clarified with weiskytech and V380 have no cloud storage options at the moment. Hopes the rest with the intention of getting this cam beware of sellers claiming that the cam has cloud storage functions and forces you to purchase the storage from him!

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess I've been lied to. I told him I wanted to try inserting my own SD card to see if the storage space is in the SD card and he threatened me that removing the SD card and replacing it with my own will void the warranty of the IP Cam. Yea now I know, so much for trusting blindly, thanks guys ;)

Yap initially he told me no need to set a password but I felt insecure and set it as soon as he left.

I've also clarified with weiskytech and V380 have no cloud storage options at the moment. Hopes the rest with the intention of getting this cam beware of sellers claiming that the cam has cloud storage functions and forces you to purchase the storage from him!

who is the seller?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How much you pay him in total?
Most of the IP Cam can set up by your own.
better change all your password where you had tell him or it is default.

I remember there is a site where it expose all IP Cam who did not change password of all over the world lol. Forget which site liao.

There is no sticker pasted on your SD card Or between Cam, even you remove they also don't know.

Last edited:

cherryade

Reaction score
How much you pay him in total?
Most of the IP Cam can set up by your own.
better change all your password where you had tell him or it is default.

I remember there is a site where it expose all IP Cam who did not change password of all over the world lol. Forget which site liao.

There is no sticker pasted on your SD card Or between Cam, even you remove they also don't know.

I bought 2 cams and 2 "storage". Cam is $190 each, the storage is $55 each. Price paid includes installation and mounting.

Yap. Ended up i reset my passwords to my wifi as well as the camera. Lucky if not free footage of my home ._.!

What he told me was that if i removed the SD card, if there was a upgrade to the camera i would not be upgraded. Anyways I cant count on his words. If i need a bigger SD card Ill just purchase as well.

cherryade

Reaction score
where did you find him?

you have been ripped off..

I definitely have been :s11:

Found him on facebook. One of my friend had it installed with him and encountered no such issue. He told me that mine would be different from my friend's one (upgraded to cloud storage and improved resolution, 960P instead of 720P).

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
I definitely have been :s11:

Found him on facebook. One of my friend had it installed with him and encountered no such issue. He told me that mine would be different from my friend's one (upgraded to cloud storage and improved resolution, 960P instead of 720P).

960P my ass, LOL

the model number clearly states its not.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wow, really got chop carrot liao. Even my less than $100 Cam also better than your. The only thing is no mounting. All is DIY. Even mounting you also can DIY le.

I bought 2 cams and 2 "storage". Cam is $190 each, the storage is $55 each. Price paid includes installation and mounting.

Yap. Ended up i reset my passwords to my wifi as well as the camera. Lucky if not free footage of my home ._.!

What he told me was that if i removed the SD card, if there was a upgrade to the camera i would not be upgraded. Anyways I cant count on his words. If i need a bigger SD card Ill just purchase as well.

cyberian

Reaction score

So far only Netgear Alro is using cloud to store recording and all their cam no sd slot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.