Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i read the Hotlink only have 50 days validity

in order to extend, needs to top up

can recommend a prepaid with much longer validity ?
50-day Hotlink is the grace period within which you've to top up before the card "dies" altogether. Also known as inactive or passive stage, when you can only receive calls and text, nothing else.

Grace period for Celcom is also 50 days, DiGi Best 75 days, and DiGi Live 90 days.

For long validity without having to do constant reload, can consider ONEXOX.

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
hi.. noob here..

I have an iphone with M1 sim card.

So say i go JB and buy a msia traveller sim card with data.

So i take out my M1 sim card and put in the msia sim card.

Then my watsapp need to reconfig/verify ???

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi.. noob here..

I have an iphone with M1 sim card.

So say i go JB and buy a msia traveller sim card with data.

So i take out my M1 sim card and put in the msia sim card.

Then my watsapp need to reconfig/verify ???

Not necessary to do that. The MY SIM only provides the data connection, won't affect your Whatsapp account.

bleonz

Reaction score
after inserted the Msia SIM, your WhatsApp will detect number changed...and will prompt u w/r want to retain your current number you registered for your WA or change to take the new Msia number?

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after inserted the Msia SIM, your WhatsApp will detect number changed...and will prompt u w/r want to retain your current number you registered for your WA or change to take the new Msia number?

Is it? Never encountered this before. Anyway your can use back your existing number. No need to change.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

At KL Sentral, which shop should I visit to purchase a prepaid sim card? Will only be staying for a few days. What type of prepaid sim should I buy?

Also, just curious, does the prepaid sim card allow me to use data in all parts of Malaysia (outside KL)?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

At KL Sentral, which shop should I visit to purchase a prepaid sim card? Will only be staying for a few days. What type of prepaid sim should I buy?

Also, just curious, does the prepaid sim card allow me to use data in all parts of Malaysia (outside KL)?

Head for Maxis Center, get their Hotlink Fast SIM pack.
Address: Unit 11, tingkat 1, Maxis Centre KL Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hours: Open today · 9AM–9PM

Yes, it can be used in other parts of Malaysia.

P.S. Saw from your other post that you're still not there. If your coach stops at Yong Peng Happy Garden rest stop, can consider getting the Digi Prepaid BEST from there. You may have to pay a little more than the RRP of RM8, but not as much as what some dealers charge if you can't find a Digi Center in/around KL Sentral.

Last edited:

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Head for Maxis Center, get their Hotlink Fast SIM pack.
Address: Unit 11, tingkat 1, Maxis Centre KL Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hours: Open today · 9AM–9PM

Yes, it can be used in other parts of Malaysia.

P.S. Saw from your other post that you're still not there. If your coach stops at Yong Peng Happy Garden rest stop, can consider getting the Digi Prepaid BEST from there. You may have to pay a little more than the RRP of RM8, but not as much as what some dealers charge if you can't find a Digi Center in/around KL Sentral.

Thanks for the info, will look out for a Digi centre as well :)

Incidentally, which Maxis Hotlink Fast prepaid plan do you recommend? The daily one? or weekly one?

kitkat2

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, will look out for a Digi centre as well :)

Incidentally, which Maxis Hotlink Fast prepaid plan do you recommend? The daily one? or weekly one?

for digi, you can also get it from convenience store like kk mart and mynews

is weekly cheaper and better? are you staying for 2-3 days or a week? is the free data that comes with every new sim insufficient for your use?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
for digi, you can also get it from convenience store like kk mart and mynews

is weekly cheaper and better? are you staying for 2-3 days or a week? is the free data that comes with every new sim insufficient for your use?

Er I'm only staying for 2-3 days :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is one xmm dealer pushcart just out of malaysia chop passport selling digi for 20rmb
Would this be the one on the Woodlands side of JB CIQ? Any idea if this is for DiGi Best or DiGi Live?

If JB CIQ at 1st link and heading for City Square, someone did share that the Indian booth in JB Sentral was selling theirs for RM10.

Er I'm only staying for 2-3 days :)
If you think the free data that comes in the starter pack is not enough for your use, you can consider using one of the PokePacks from the app, or the free 1GB(?) data that comes with downloading and activating the app if the promo is still available. Or just use the free basic internet 500MB monthly @64kbps for DiGi Best, not sure about DiGi Live. Can refer to their website for details.

why some digi shop selling $8 digi prepaid best for RM15? is this normal.
I'd say grab that unless you plan to hunt some more, or use lots of data within a month. These days, it's getting to be a habit for them to sell at RM38 that comes with 2GB data to be used up within a month.
The higher prices are normally imposed by the dealers, with or without extra credit balance or data, so head for a DiGi Center if there's one around.

Last edited:

boonkang

Reaction score
is there any unlimited data? no need calls....

What is your definition of "unlimited data" ??

Digi prepaid has data plans called Daily Unlimited Passes -- of which there is a RM8 plan for 24hrs.

If you pay RM8, you'll have unlimited data for 24hrs, see this link below:
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-addons#Unlimited-Passes

As an example, if you visit Malaysia for 3 days and...

On Digi prepaid, you're willing to pay RM8 (daily) consectively for 3 days, you'll then have unlimited data for 3 days at cost of (RM8 x 3) = RM24.

For more info, you can refer to the terms & conditions (T&C) of the Digi Daily Unlimited Passes here:
https://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/Page/tnc/default/tnc_digi_unlimited_passes

Is this considered unlimited data for you?

Last edited:

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is your definition of "unlimited data" ??

Digi prepaid has data plans called Daily Unlimited Passes -- of which there is a RM8 plan for 24hrs.

If you pay RM8, you'll have unlimited data for 24hrs, see this link below:
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-addons#Unlimited-Passes

As an example, if you visit Malaysia for 3 days and...

On Digi prepaid, you're willing to pay RM8 (daily) consectively for 3 days, you'll then have unlimited data for 3 days at cost of (RM8 x 3) = RM24.

For more info, you can refer to the terms & conditions (T&C) of the Digi Daily Unlimited Passes here:
https://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite/Page/tnc/default/tnc_digi_unlimited_passes

Is this considered unlimited data for you?

thank you, it looks good. will be travelling to kuching. i want to stream some youtube on the move, i hope it will be fine

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
If you think the free data that comes in the starter pack is not enough for your use, you can consider using one of the PokePacks from the app, or the free 1GB(?) data that comes with downloading and activating the app if the promo is still available. Or just use the free basic internet 500MB monthly @64kbps for DiGi Best, not sure about DiGi Live. Can refer to their website for details.

Thanks for your reply bro. What about Maxis prepaid? Any you would recommend for 3 days? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.