Japan DATA SIM Card & MIFI Rental Service

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is a low cost and affordable LTE Data SIM card and mobile wifi (MIFI) rental service for visitors who are going to Japan on a short term trip. Long term solutions are available too, PM me to find out!

I offer 2 different rental plans.

SIM Card ) Volume based :-
First 3GB @ $18, subsequent block of 500MB @ $3
Suitable for visitors who use minimal data, eg: Google Maps, Whatsapp and social media.

MIFI Plan ) Unlimited Data Time based :-
Suitable for visitors who travel in a group, have multiple devices or require large amounts of data.

This plan will be based on actual usage days when you are in Japan. Therefore, collection/returning dates do not count.

Note: For this plan, you must send your reservation request at least 10 days in advance of your trip with a deposit of $30 per MIFI.

8 days - $35 ($4.38 per day)
10 days - $40 ($4 per day)
12 days - $44 ($3.67 per day)
15 days - $52 ($3.46 per day)
20 days - $64 ($3.20 per day)
30 days - $90 ($3 per day)

Mobile Wifi Router (MIFI)

If you require a Mobile Wifi Router for SIM Card Plan, top up $5 per rental.

Features:
-Supports up to 8 or 10 concurrent users
-Can be used for around 13 or 54 hours continuously with a single charge
-Comes with a wall charger and USB cable
-Optional: Rent a 2-in-1 Quick Charge 3.0 two port charger + 6500mAh powerbank at @ $3

* There are different models of MIFI available, let me know your preferences.

Security Deposit:
SIM Card only - $50
SIM Card Plan with MIFI Rental - $100
MIFI Plan - $30 payable upon request confirmation, followed by $70 when you collect the MIFI.

Collection and returns:

You can collect the SIM card or MIFI 1-3 days before your trip personally or delivery at $10.
As for returning, please do so within 2 days after your trip personally, through a provided SMARTPac trackable envelope available at $4 or courier at $10. Late returns will be charged at $5 per day.

FAQ:
How will I be charged?
-Example 1: If you use 3GB for SIM card Plan, I will collect $50 from you when you collect the SIM card. When you are back, I will deduct $18 based on your usage and return you $32.

-Example 2: If you get MIFI Plan for 10 days, you need to send me a reservation request at least 10 days in advance with a deposit of $30 by bank transfer/PayNow/PayLah. The other $70 will be collected when you pick up the MIFI. Total deposit would be $100. When you are back, I will deduct $40 and return you $60.

Why rent from you and not buy a prepaid card in Japan?
-My rates are competitive and also, users are not restricted in terms of amount of data OR number of days. Also, you don't have to waste time finding a rental shop at the Japan airport.

What is the maximum days I can rent?
-There is no limit but however to prevent abuse, users who rent it for 14 days or more may be required to show their flight e-itinerary. Your privacy is protected.

Why do I have to pay a security deposit?
-As these cards and devices are on a contract, I will need to collect a security deposit to prevent people from running away. Same as customers renting from online merchants, they charge your credit card if you fail to return the MIFI. This deposit will be used as termination and replacement fees.

In what circumstances will I lose the deposit?
-Loss, physical damage of SIM cards or MIFI devices
-SIM card returned is of the wrong serial number
-MIFI being unable to power up
-Water damage to MIFI (change in colour for Liquid Contact Indicator)
Interested?
Simply fill up the Request Form
or PM me if you have any enquires. This thread may not be monitored.

Last edited:

Sellerion

Reaction score
Hi!

This is a very interesting offer! I am super interested. Have an upcoming trip from 27 Nov to 15 Dec to Japan

This is only data sim?
I assume we have to switch out the sim card but... can we still make a call via whatsapp?

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi!

This is a very interesting offer! I am super interested. Have an upcoming trip from 27 Nov to 15 Dec to Japan

This is only data sim?
I assume we have to switch out the sim card but... can we still make a call via whatsapp?

Hey there, sorry to disappoint you but the period for your trip is fully reserved. Thank you for your interest, hope you can consider this service on your next trip :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.