Hello AMD RYZEN! 8 cores 16 threads is here.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When is it available in SLS? :s12:

Wish to know also, doubt most shops will want to carry since
many are against AMD.
I also hope they price it right, if not those who want to
setup a AMD RYZEN rig will have to source online.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AMD made the most use of 28nm, and probably did more to optimise power consumption on 2Xnm process. Intel had the privilege of deep pockets and more advance process node, which is why their chips run cooler and more power efficient. With AMD catching up in this aspect, the field is now levelled for a showdown with Intel.
Samsung's magic hand to lease their 20nn node to GoFlo is godsend to keep AMD alive. Probably thats how they want to keep Intel in check.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wish to know also, doubt most shops will want to carry since
many are against AMD.
I also hope they price it right, if not those who want to
setup a AMD RYZEN rig will have to source online.

There is no need to hate a brand. Who wants to buy something inferior when there is something better elsewhere for same money?

Now it will be interesting to see performance and price war in 2017. :D

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i3 = 2 cores 4 threads.
i5 = 4 cores 4 threads.
i7 = 4 cores 8 threads.

Sandy bridge = 2XXX
Ivy bridge = 3XXX
Haswell = 4XXX
Skylake = 6XXX
Kaby lake = 7XXX

Poor Broadwell = 5xxx that doesn't see much of the daylight everywhere...

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In the first place i think it is a wrong comparisons.

This is comparing intel i7 6800k offering. Which does not even have igpu either.

The real mainstream zen is yet to be announced, and it should come with igpu.
Mainstream Zen will be totally graphics less no? Roadmap indicates APUs with Zen CPU will come much later than launch day...

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been saying i trust Jim Keller but everyone just keep throwing wet blanket. :mad:

This should cheer you up :)

215aac967d174c3a13bc8ffe56015824.jpg

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mainstream Zen will be totally graphics less no? Roadmap indicates APUs with Zen CPU will come much later than launch day...

Last time hiam Intel waste more and more die space % on Intel HD, occupy a space on the silicon but remain untapped.

Now no AMDK iGP also hiam.

But I really wonder how they will scale into laptop SKUs or all laptop versions are only APUs since they are not doing a unified SKU between desktops and laptops like Intel. Optimus and Enduro discrete graphics switching need an iGP to be its primary display adapter (with the discrete card routing its output thru iGP).

Moi only tan gu gu for HBM APU hope my Ivybridge can tong long enough.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope Rizen will give me a good reason to actually build a new rig!

*hears crickets for some reason*

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been saying i trust Jim Keller but everyone just keep throwing wet blanket. :mad:

For those who didn't know, Jim Kellar design several Apple chips.
several of their chips.

In 2004 he moved to serve as the Vice President of Engineering at P.A. Semi,[2][10] a company specializing in low-power mobile processors.[3] P.A. Semi was acquired by Apple in 2008, and Keller followed,[5][16] becoming part of a team to design the Apple A4 and A5 system-on-a-chip mobile processors. These processors were used in several Apple products, including iPhone 4, 4S, iPad and iPad 2.

Apple wouldn't have been successful with their popular iPad 2
without Jim Kellar the guy who design the Althon K7/K8 which trash Intel back in those times.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for the moment AMD flip Intel upside down with RYZEN and your reaction on launch day.

we shall see :s13::s13::s13: ... AMD have great failing track record... Over promise and under deliver as usual. A lot hu ha but result is still sucky.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who didn't know, Jim Kellar design several Apple chips.
several of their chips.

Apple wouldn't have been successful with their popular iPad 2
without Jim Kellar the guy who design the Althon K7/K8 which trash Intel back in those times.

Jim Keller should become AMD CEO. Everyone in that company is trash, including Percy's Lisa. He 1 person can lead a team to engineer an IPC boost of ~40% while the rest took 5 years with their Crapdozer and still couldn't make it right.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.