Malaysia prepaid card

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bbmars1128

Reaction score
U Mobile looks the cheapest RM8.5 for the card, plus top up RM10 for 1gb data for 1 month?

Just bought one of this last Sunday. Not quite sure how it works. But anyway, I was told there are RM15 inside, but can't recall what is that for, I believe is for calling and 1Gb for data usage. I also received a sms saying that the data reset will be on certain date (which is 1 month from my purchase date).

I am kind of confused. I asked for prepaid data card, counter staff told me this package has it. I was also told, topping up...

1. RM5 data reload for 1Gb for 5 days usage.
2. RM 10 data reload 1Gb for 10 days usage
3. RM100 data reload 1 GB for 100 days usage

1st time activation, I can use up to 10 days.

Could not make up what the staff said. But anyway, just try it out as that was the only store open that morning at Johor Jaya. In fact, wanted buy Digi (next shop) but was closed.

Anyone care to explain?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought one of this last Sunday. Not quite sure how it works. But anyway, I was told there are RM15 inside, but can't recall what is that for, I believe is for calling and 1Gb for data usage. I also received a sms saying that the data reset will be on certain date (which is 1 month from my purchase date).

I am kind of confused. I asked for prepaid data card, counter staff told me this package has it. I was also told, topping up...

1. RM5 data reload for 1Gb for 5 days usage.
2. RM 10 data reload 1Gb for 10 days usage
3. RM100 data reload 1 GB for 100 days usage

1st time activation, I can use up to 10 days.

Could not make up what the staff said. But anyway, just try it out as that was the only store open that morning at Johor Jaya. In fact, wanted buy Digi (next shop) but was closed.

Anyone care to explain?

U Mobile Prepaid

From what I can see after a quick glance at their website, there's a RM5 credit balance in a new SIM pack. You've topped up RM10, making the total credit balance RM15 which I believe has no restriction on how you want to use, and it also gave you 1GB of data valid for 1 month.

However, a newly-activated SIM card is valid for only 10 days, and if the validity doesn't stack, your RM10 has overlapped the existing one. Thus, you still have to keep the line active in order to use the data for the remaining 20 days.

You asked for a data-only card? I don't know if U Mobile has one, or maybe the dealer just want the easy way out since yes, there's data inside and you can ignore the rest of the features if you choose not to use them.

Not sure about the rest of what they told you, RM5 and RM100 reload. You might want to go through the website or contact their customer service.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO:

i think he get Digi Prepaid BEST but he say he cannot find the addon uinlimited data from the apps.
- Best way to find out what's going on is to be 100% sure which prepaid plan he's bought. He should have double-checked while at the dealer that anything that he's paid for is intact, that is the "additional?" data. I've no idea what "unlimited data" refers to.
not sure how the apps screen like.
Ask him to do a screenshot and send it to you. I'm not sure how you're expected to help him without knowing what he's exactly looking at.
from website i can find
http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-addons

does Digi Prepaid BEST able to roam in Singapore? does the USSD code work in Singapore?
Yes, for DiGi Prepaid Best, USSD codes work while roaming in Singapore. He can also use the app, or login from a browser.

http://new.digi.com.my/prepaid-addons

i see RM28 for 7GB data after free 50% extra data

for the internet plan monthly is it auto renew monthly?
Normally yes, monthly data packages for DiGi will auto-renew. As for what he's got, please make a little more effort and refer to some discussions made earlier about these SIM cards that come with data. We're wondering about the auto-renewal too.

In conclusion, only the owner can see what exactly he has, then we can try to figure out what's going on. You mentioned that he couldn't see the add-on data in the app? It means he's already using the DiGi app... all info can be seen there - plan type, data, validity, etc.

Edit: Suggest getting your friend to either log onto his account online (browser), or use his DiGi app. Check the plan type, expiry, total and break-down of data available, etc. From there, will be able to figure out if there's indeed something missing.

Edit Again: With DiGi, you've to read the T&C and FAQ to get a better idea of what's going on with each plan - T&C for DiGi Prepaid Best

Last edited:

neanea

Master Member
Reaction score
How they auto renew and where they take money to auto renew?

IMO:

Normally yes, monthly data packages for DiGi will auto-renew. As for what he's got, please make a little more effort and refer to some discussions made earlier about these SIM cards that come with data. We're wondering about the auto-renewal too.

In conclusion, only the owner can see what exactly he has, then we can try to figure out what's going on. You mentioned that he couldn't see the add-on data in the app? It means he's already using the DiGi app... all info can be seen there - plan type, data, validity, etc.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All these SIM packs that come with "compulsory" top-up and/or data, I believe is only subscribed/added by the dealer after registration, activation, and payment is made.

This is an extra step beyond the norm of just registering and activating a new SIM card, so buyers have to check that all these are intact before leaving the shop.

Just my view.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How they auto renew and where they take money to auto renew?

AFAIK, the auto-renewal is done with the deduction from credit balance. If there's not enough $ in the account, it'll not renew until a top-up is done.

So, let's say auto-renewal is due on 30 January 2017, for a RM30 1GB internet package. It won't happen if there's only say, RM2 in the account. But if the user reload RM30 on 16 February, he'll see the amount "magically" disappear.

The renewal will automatically happen whenever there's enough credit balance for the deduction, so long as the line is not "dead".

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
one of my OneXOX simcard for no reason not able to connect to mobile network.

when i select any of the local telecom network, it say No Network Access.

think i am the first one having this issue.

:s11:

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one of my OneXOX simcard for no reason not able to connect to mobile network.

when i select any of the local telecom network, it say No Network Access.

think i am the first one having this issue.

:s11:

I'd suggest checking the status of said card, if the others have connection.

After that, check your phone settings, and/or restart phone.

Then contact their customer service, if still can't connect.

laksa2003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If my expiry date on digi best is 17 dec 2016, when is the last day i must top up to retain the number?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so if card expire on 1 FEb 17 and i have rm40 inside...

so 75 days after 1 feb which is around 1 Apr, i topup will have back the rm40 too?

Your RM40 will be intact so long as you top up within the grace period.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.