Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah i totally didn't think of this. some more i heard that bathroom not allowed to have electric plug? sienz there goes my dream of automatically open and close seat and no need to buy any more pang sai zhua

cannot have plug in bathroom? :eek:
can wire it in during renovation? if can have wire for instant heater and lights in bathroom, shld be able to wire in japanese toilet seats rite?

nemo88

Reaction score
wah i totally didn't think of this. some more i heard that bathroom not allowed to have electric plug? sienz there goes my dream of automatically open and close seat and no need to buy any more pang sai zhua

Errr still need toilet paper one lah don't be gross....

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Just back from a 10days drive trip in Jap. The best things there were the spray toilet seat with warmer! A lifesaver everytime in morning of -1C to -4C outside temp... :s13:

tr4v3l

Reaction score
I suppose to depart sapporo to haneda tomorrow but looks like todays flights already cancel since 1 pm due to heavy snow in sapporo. Weather forecast show it will continue to snow tomorrow. What is my option if my flight get canceled? First time experience this uncertainty. Flying solo this time.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suppose to depart sapporo to haneda tomorrow but looks like todays flights already cancel since 1 pm due to heavy snow in sapporo. Weather forecast show it will continue to snow tomorrow. What is my option if my flight get canceled? First time experience this uncertainty. Flying solo this time.

ask airline how & when u will be notified of flight cancellation etc, whether need to go to CTS airport to wait ... keep all receipts

is it same airline out of Haneda ?

tr4v3l

Reaction score
ask airline how & when u will be notified of flight cancellation etc, whether need to go to CTS airport to wait ... keep all receipts

is it same airline out of Haneda ?
Thanks, I am checking CTS airport website for flight status. I am due to depart Sapporo to Haneda domestic only by JAL tomorrow and need to check out hotel tomorrow.
Return back SG on Monday by Scoot

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is normal for Hokkaido due to blzzaied I Jana before too and needs to stay over in chitseo too

Jose ask the airline for a paper work print out for u and arrange another flight and u r good take care

If u worry then go chitseo airport and book a onsen room or hotel first unless u don't mind zzz inside airport
Thanks, I am checking CTS airport website for flight status. I am due to depart Sapporo to Haneda domestic only by JAL tomorrow and need to check out hotel tomorrow.
Return back SG on Monday by Scoot

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just back from a 10days drive trip in Jap. The best things there were the spray toilet seat with warmer! A lifesaver everytime in morning of -1C to -4C outside temp... :s13:

Just Tokyo only? Heard that the last few days is quite warm for December.

tr4v3l

Reaction score
This is normal for Hokkaido due to blzzaied I Jana before too and needs to stay over in chitseo too

Jose ask the airline for a paper work print out for u and arrange another flight and u r good take care

If u worry then go chitseo airport and book a onsen room or hotel first unless u don't mind zzz inside airport

Hi Kenchi, how long did u wait at Chitose?
Now 6 am already but Chitose airport has not update the schedule yet even for 8 am flight.
Suprisingly ANA flights status get updated but not JAL.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't dare to go into jap restaurants as i don't know how to order their food ><

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't dare to go into jap restaurants as i don't know how to order their food ><

Don't need to know Japanese.

Some have English menu. They may figure you're not Japanese and give that to you.

Don't have that bring waiting staff to display window and point.

Don't have point at what other customers are eating.

Ramen and some budget eating places use vending machine. Some have photos. For ramen shops with no photos take the top left option. Usually is the signature dish of the place.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For vending machines, you can safely choose the top left option. This is their standard dish. The others would be variations of it like extra spring onions, meat, combo, etc.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
normally there will be a photo of sorts and a big one nearby to take reference. I find restaurant these days cater more to foreigners too, not including those who doesn't serve tourist, you will get more pictorial menu

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't need to know Japanese.

Some have English menu. They may figure you're not Japanese and give that to you.

Don't have that bring waiting staff to display window and point.

Don't have point at what other customers are eating.

Ramen and some budget eating places use vending machine. Some have photos. For ramen shops with no photos take the top left option. Usually is the signature dish of the place.

If you walk into say maybe 10 restaurants...a number of them will have lesser items in their English menu compared to the Japanese one.....that's just the way that the country works....

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Most restaurants got English menu. They usually have staff that can speak some English (or Mandarin) actually.

There was a small restaurant that I went to that doesn't have any English instructions on their vending machine. Their "best sellers" were listed on the top row with photos, so that's easy to see. The rest of the dishes are all in Japanese only, though sometimes if you know some chinese words, you can roughly guess what the dish is/has. The only staff there (apart from the chef) did not came out to help us out even though we lingered at the vending machine for quite some time, and the restaurant was almost empty. Turns out that the staff was from mainland and can speak perfect Mandarin. That explains why her service standards so low. :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.