Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then what happens if the restaurant is full ah? I see can only see like 10 people.

I stayed at a hotel and below is a small ramen stall like what you guys said with a vending machine but never got to try it as we are usually outside during lunch and at checkout day wanted to try but is full yet I see japanese people queuing inside to pass the "ticket" to the counter. Do they wait till someone leave then process your order?

If so that means that I cannot take my own sweet time to eat, chit chat after eating ?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then what happens if the restaurant is full ah? I see can only see like 10 people.

I stayed at a hotel and below is a small ramen stall like what you guys said with a vending machine but never got to try it as we are usually outside during lunch and at checkout day wanted to try but is full yet I see japanese people queuing inside to pass the "ticket" to the counter. Do they wait till someone leave then process your order?

If so that means that I cannot take my own sweet time to eat, chit chat after eating ?
You have to gauge if you can chit chat or just eat and go. Just observe how many seats are available and if new customers are coming in or not. All on your personal auto-mode. Universal approach in fact.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

in a nut shell, there are eateries, family diners and restaurants

Anything less than 20 seats, eat n run. U can go elsewhere to relax and have a nice drink. In fact you should, these places normally not that comfortable to begin with

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
There are tons of cafes around inside shopping or on the street for you to sit and relax. Just buy a hot coffee and you can relax.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those small restaurants don't serve dessert and hot drinks other than tea anyway.

Also a little difficult to chit chat when all the seats are counter seats.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Typically Ramen joints are eat and go. eat fast also. Not like what we see in Singapore where Ramen become fine dining where people can spend 1 hour slowly eating. I think in Japan speed is around 15 mins. Many people also queuing outside so better to finish fast.

Got two different treatment. First one is only pass the ticket once u got a seat. Another one i experience before is queuing that time already pass the ticket so the chef can prepare the noodle etc etc. Some noodle take around 15mins to prepare.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend is in nozawa onsen (nagano) now, day before yesterday it rained in the town area ... his photos in the town totally no snow on the ground, as compared to record snowfall in hokkaido lol.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

You can take your own sweet time to eat, but if you see long queue outside, you oso will be pai seh if they already clear away your bowl and you are left with just a glass of water right?

I took my time to eat because I got digestion issues, not supposed to eat fast. But once I finished I'll just go, especially if I can see long queue outside. At ichiran cannot see queue outside, but I already know got long queue coz the queue was damn long behind me when I was queuing, never ending one lol.

Its just basic courtesy to leave after eating if you know got long queue la, no matter at what joints. Those atas fine dining require prior reservations anyway, those you can just sit as long as you want. No one will rush you in that case.

nemo88

Reaction score
hmm.. cant see wat is the appeal of the place, other than near USJ. but even then, it is not as if USJ is very out of the place mah. just stay near major stations and take train to USJ loh

It's probably cheap and a chance to experience a truer local culture. Some travellers prefer to stay where the local life is more obvious, versus in the busy tourist oriented districts. And for all we know, many of those AirBNB bookings may be by local Japanese tourists anyway.

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What to do in Shinjuku for 1 night. travelling japan with a friend. i will reach there in the late afternoon, where my friend will reach midnight.

so i have 1 night solo. any suggestion on what to do there? or any good food, ramen or some don?
i stay near the shinjuku station. :s12:

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What to do in Shinjuku for 1 night. travelling japan with a friend. i will reach there in the late afternoon, where my friend will reach midnight.

so i have 1 night solo. any suggestion on what to do there? or any good food, ramen or some don?

Fuunji Ramen... try their Tsukemen or Curry Katsu Ouroji or just good old reliable Ichiran/Ippudo Ramen.

Shinjuku mostly is shopping around and east of the station and nightlife at Kabukicho just north of the station. Enough to keep anyone occupied for a couple days.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go watch robot restaurant :s13:

It is either SUPER AWESOME or absolutely horrendous depending on your personality and what part of Japanese pop culture you're interested in.

Anyway some preview here:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Shinjuku is Kabukicho :eek:

SGRevolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi newbie here ....is japan easy to travel by yrself if dunno japanese? is there ample english signs and information? how comprehensive is google maps there?

i've travelled solo in taiwan dunno about japan

powerpack8

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just booked my virgin flight to Tokyo 4th to 12th April, care to share how would you spend your time during that period of time in Tokyo?

I'm not sure which location should I stay, probably will go for a place that is value for money.

Appreciate your inputs, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.