Malaysia prepaid card

Daffy7

Reaction score
I think this should be the latest plan. Scroll to bottom of the webpage and r fer to their FAQ and T & C.

https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/plans/fast.html

By the way how they conned you?

they told me I must top 10 initially. so quoted me rm20 for card and rm15 credits.

and told me I could get a minimum cost of validity.

but this fast plan seems need to top up every 50 days.. anyone has any experience keeping this sim card validity

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they told me I must top 10 initially. so quoted me rm20 for card and rm15 credits.

and told me I could get a minimum cost of validity.

but this fast plan seems need to top up every 50 days.. anyone has any experience keeping this sim card validity

Compulsory top-up or at times, compulsory data subscription, is something imposed by many dealers (not the telco themselves). It seems legal for them to do this probably because they've overheads like rent and stuff to pay. Anyway, if you want to avoid it, go to a telco center instead, like Maxis Center though not many of these are in/near shopping malls.

Hotlink FAST had the option to payable validity extension when it's first launched, but Maxis removed it when they started giving the free weekend high-speed data sometime last year. Not all dealers have good product knowledge, so it's not surprising that the one you approached wasn't aware of the removal.

It's been shared a few times over the last months how to extend the card's life through timely RM5 reloads. It's quite similar to the recent sharing about extending same for the DiGi Best card.

Anyway, I personally won't call the experience "being conned", as it's happened to me when the older #Hotlink was launched and it's the first Hotlink plan without Validity 365. I just took it as a lesson for choosing the easiest way out by buying from the first dealer I came across while shopping, without doing my homework.

Daffy7

Reaction score
Compulsory top-up or at times, compulsory data subscription, is something imposed by many dealers (not the telco themselves). It seems legal for them to do this probably because they've overheads like rent and stuff to pay. Anyway, if you want to avoid it, go to a telco center instead, like Maxis Center though not many of these are in/near shopping malls.

Hotlink FAST had the option to payable validity extension when it's first launched, but Maxis removed it when they started giving the free weekend high-speed data sometime last year. Not all dealers have good product knowledge, so it's not surprising that the one you approached wasn't aware of the removal.

It's been shared a few times over the last months how to extend the card's life through timely RM5 reloads. It's quite similar to the recent sharing about extending same for the DiGi Best card.

Anyway, I personally won't call the experience "being conned", as it's happened to me when the older #Hotlink was launched and it's the first Hotlink plan without Validity 365. I just took it as a lesson for choosing the easiest way out by buying from the first dealer I came across while shopping, without doing my homework.

Hi Habrosus,

Thanks for your information sharing, it's wonderful for noob like me. Btw, I can't seem to find information on the timely reload rm5 - are you able to share in details on how do I extend the card's life thru this method?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Habrosus,

Thanks for your information sharing, it's wonderful for noob like me. Btw, I can't seem to find information on the timely reload rm5 - are you able to share in details on how do I extend the card's life thru this method?

I'm not doing it myself so don't have the details.

You can either track back a few pages here, or wait for the person/s to go look and/or type here again.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm not doing it myself so don't have the details.

You can either track back a few pages here, or wait for the person/s to go look and/or type here again.

i thought the reload rm5 is for Digi new Prepaid Best plan.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
It's just a common method to reactivate a SIM card during the grace period. Only difference is the length of grace period between the two.

I don't think maxis just need rm5 to keep for 1yr unlike digi

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think maxis just need rm5 to keep for 1yr unlike digi

No, RM5 is not enough to keep a Hotlink card for a whole year. Hotlink doesn't have the RM1 option.

I was talking about using the old/common RM5 reload method.

Last edited:

Daffy7

Reaction score
No, RM5 is not enough to keep a Hotlink card for a whole year. Hotlink doesn't have the RM1 option.

I was talking about using the old/common RM5 reload method.

does buying a hot deals package at rm1 free YouTube data helps to extend the validity?

ezhikaie47

Reaction score
Celcom Xpax has similar function like Digi.

Type "1day" and send to "28882"

Celcom will send a message "U have requested to purchase 1day validity @RM1. To proceed, send YES 1DAY to 28882"

Therefore, the line will have 1 day validity and 40 days of grace period.

Validity can be extended either by reload if account has no credit or use existing credit to buy validity which is at RM1 per day.

As for internet, Celcom charged RM3 for 1GB if you are staying in Malaysia for 1 day. For 1day plan, Celcom won't auto renew. Only weekly or monthly internet plan will auto renew.

So total is RM4 for 1 day trip in Malaysia. The 1day internet plan can be purchased on Xpax app.

As above is my own personal experience. More info on their website.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Celcom Xpax has similar function like Digi.

Type "1day" and send to "28882"

Celcom will send a message "U have requested to purchase 1day validity @RM1. To proceed, send YES 1DAY to 28882"

Therefore, the line will have 1 day validity and 40 days of grace period.

Validity can be extended either by reload if account has no credit or use existing credit to buy validity which is at RM1 per day.

As for internet, Celcom charged RM3 for 1GB if you are staying in Malaysia for 1 day. For 1day plan, Celcom won't auto renew. Only weekly or monthly internet plan will auto renew.

So total is RM4 for 1 day trip in Malaysia. The 1day internet plan can be purchased on Xpax app.

As above is my own personal experience. More info on their website.

this is supper cheap

rm3 for 1gb for 1day

4 days only rm12 have 1gb daily data to use.

hmm..

Celcom Xpax
rm 1 for 1 day validity and 40 days of grace period.

Digi new Prepaid best
rm 1 for 1 day validity and 75 days of grace period.

Last edited:

LobsterX

Reaction score
Oddly.... after doing the *100#, i pressed 6 for my account, 1 for language menu and 2 for English.[all these were in malay]

previously it was 6,1,3 when my 2 friends go theirs in oct 2016...

when you use your hotlink outside malaysia, the telco is so intelligent that it will present you with a roaming menu instead the regular *100# menu.

you need to go to the end of the list and select 9 or 8 when in singapore, before you can get to the actual menu.

after that, it's 6, 1, 3 if i remember correctly.

a better way is to tweet customer service and ask them to change for you. you also need them to disable voicemail and caller ringtone or your credits will start disappearing.

Daffy7

Reaction score
this is supper cheap

rm3 for 1gb for 1day

4 days only rm12 have 1gb daily data to use.

hmm..

Celcom Xpax
rm 1 for 1 day validity and 40 days of grace period.

Digi new Prepaid best
rm 1 for 1 day validity and 75 days of grace period.

Hotlink no such thing ah? :(

Rui2

Reaction score
Oddly.... after doing the *100#, i pressed 6 for my account, 1 for language menu and 2 for English.[all these were in malay]

previously it was 6,1,3 when my 2 friends go theirs in oct 2016...

Problem should be with me
No matter what I do, still in Melayu
Haha

If I ever get a second prepaid in Malaysia, I will definitely be asking -- Menu in Malay or English huh?
Haha

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha

If I ever get a second prepaid in Malaysia, I will definitely be asking -- Menu in Malay or English huh?
Haha

Post the menu picture, we will try to translate for you..:)

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys if u frequent Malaysia a lot, I suggest to get webe RM79/month
Unlimited data
Unlimited calls
Unlimited SMS
Check out their website

kitkat2

Reaction score
Haha

Haha

hotlink customer service on twitter is your best friend.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.