What gangster game to recommand

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Very hard to recommend you without knowing what YOU like about GTA and sleeping dog.

The obvious answer is Mafia 2 (ps3) and 3 (ps4).

And my personal favourites Saints Row 3 (ps3) and 4 (ps3, ps4). Super fun games (emphasis on fun, overflowing with humor).

There's of cos the remastered GTA Trilogy (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) and Bully (all remastered to ps4).

Oh and definitely Assassin's Creed Syndicate (ps4). (Yes, you actually run a gangster syndicate.)

Or just wait for Yakuza 0 English version coming this month.

Again, since you never said what aspects of GTA you like, very hard to recommend anything, just like hard to recommend what YOU will like if you just say "zombie" games. Does Watch Dogs count as gangster games? Technically can even count Far Cry Primal as gangsters, prehistoric notwithstanding. Infamous can be considered as well. Do some Japanese side scrolling beat 'em up arcade games (even pixel graphics type) with gangsters count? Any One Piece game is basically a gangster game (hmm, doesn't pirates technically count as gangsters).

What specific GAME PLAY are you looking for, or just anything with gangsters in it? What is it about 'gangsters' you want - the violence, the total disregard for NPC lives, the bromance, the 江湖義气, the tattoos, or you have some romantic fetish about bad boys :s13:.

Reaction score
Very hard to recommend you without knowing what YOU like about GTA and sleeping dog.

The obvious answer is Mafia 2 (ps3) and 3 (ps4).

And my personal favourites Saints Row 3 (ps3) and 4 (ps3, ps4). Super fun games (emphasis on fun, overflowing with humor).

There's of cos the remastered GTA Trilogy (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) and Bully (all remastered to ps4).

Oh and definitely Assassin's Creed Syndicate (ps4). (Yes, you actually run a gangster syndicate.)

Or just wait for Yakuza 0 English version coming this month.

Again, since you never said what aspects of GTA you like, very hard to recommend anything, just like hard to recommend what YOU will like if you just say "zombie" games. Does Watch Dogs count as gangster games? Technically can even count Far Cry Primal as gangsters, prehistoric notwithstanding. Infamous can be considered as well. Do some Japanese side scrolling beat 'em up arcade games (even pixel graphics type) with gangsters count? Any One Piece game is basically a gangster game (hmm, doesn't pirates technically count as gangsters).

What specific GAME PLAY are you looking for, or just anything with gangsters in it? What is it about 'gangsters' you want - the violence, the total disregard for NPC lives, the bromance, the 江湖義气, the tattoos, or you have some romantic fetish about bad boys :s13:.

lol,
what I mean is because Sleeping dog is kinda. bit like GTA . the style control the person drive roam around.

Yakuza is another one kind similar huh yakuza 0? you mean the first eps?

irony weird why in one year later they come out Yakuza 6 Eng ver

so far it " seem " like only GTA , Sleeping Dog and Yakuaza which under my list

I cannot find one similar like that lor so asking around or perhaps got new one coming soon perhaps?

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
FA, wah u come here oso ah...

can try mafia 2 lor, for ps3. mafia 3 not as good but playable

sleeping dog is not really gangster, but gameplay similar lah

if u like less serious type then saints row series would be a good choice

PSVR got The Heist

Also, can try The Godfather 2 on PS3.

Reaction score
FA, wah u come here oso ah...

can try mafia 2 lor, for ps3. mafia 3 not as good but playable

sleeping dog is not really gangster, but gameplay similar lah

if u like less serious type then saints row series would be a good choice

PSVR got The Heist

Also, can try The Godfather 2 on PS3.

you might like The Godfather.

:o
I want those gangster games Like GTV and play online with others.

sleeping dog too bad , don't have multi player online function just like GTV I heard some claim they fail or whatever?

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently Mafia 3. Once you learnt how to trigger brutal execution, you'll never look back :s12:

But the best gangster game I've played was Scarface: The Video Game. But that was 2 console generations ago :D.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.