Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Not quite sure if some of your aware.
You can take up the 1 year mysim contract @ M1 then switch to M1 normal h/s contract with no penalty even the one year is nt completed.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, cos i usually buy hp without contract...

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
Then like that mySIM plans lo, pay less with more data to spare. Upsized Data Super makes the old 3G 12GB plans to shame haha.

Not quite sure if some of your aware.
You can take up the 1 year mysim contract @ M1 then switch to M1 normal h/s contract with no penalty even the one year is nt completed.
Ya only when upgrade to 2-year handset contract it's waived, but if change between mySIM plans (even when upgrade inside) the penalty is still chargeable.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Called up M1 today, was shared the following:

1. Termination charges is 20% of MySim plan price multiple by balance of contract. E.g. If you are on MySim20 and you have 4 months contract to fulfill, the termination charges are $20 x 20% x 4 or $16.

2. If you upgrade or downgrade within the MySim plans, you will need to resign the contract of 12 months. I suppose the change plan termination and admin fees can be waived.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called up M1 today, was shared the following:

1. Termination charges is 20% of MySim plan price multiple by balance of contract. E.g. If you are on MySim20 and you have 4 months contract to fulfill, the termination charges are $20 x 20% x 4 or $16.

2. If you upgrade or downgrade within the MySim plans, you will need to resign the contract of 12 months. I suppose the change plan termination and admin fees can be waived.

The second point isn't valid. Waiver is only valid for mySIM 12 month upgrading to full 2-year handset contract plan.

This is from M1 mySIM FAQ page:
I am currently on the mySIM+ 75 plan. Can I change to the mySIM+ 30 plan?

Any change in plan during the service commitment period will be subject to applicable early termination charges as stated in the service commitment contract.

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
Just came back from M1 shop.
Wanted to change from lite+ plan (contract has ended) to mysim+ but was told I had to pay $37.45 for a new SIM card (my current SIM card is micro SIM).
This is for everyone's information only.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to change from lite+ plan (contract has ended) to mysim+ but was told I had to pay $37.45 for a new SIM card (my current SIM card is micro SIM).
You should have reported lost of mobile phone then they change the first sim card (per customer, not per line) for the year for free. Since it's tri-SIM, no need scared that it's incompatible. Then a few days later go back and downgrade plan.

Downgrade plan $21.40 is hard to waive, even if you paid the $37.45 SIM card charge, fyi.

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
M1 has a practice of allowing a free SIM card replacement per year. Exchanged it before. Even if there is a charge, I always ask them to waive it. M1 waived my downgrade plan admin fee when I change my plan from $62 to $20.

As with regards to change of MySim+ plan, I would assume that once I upgrade the plan, they would waive off the change plan fee or termination fee as long as I request nicely. Most of the time I have no issue in getting the waivers even as there are TnC stating that there are fees. Maybe I used to pay over $170 a month to M1. Buy now I pay only like $60 after terminating and consolidating my 3 lines to 1 line.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

U should have just gone to a phone shop which has the tool to cut your existing SIM card into nano SIM size.... probably just $2 to $5. :s22:

Crescy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when did starhub come up with the plus 3 thing ar? seems like too good to pass up.

i hope i not mountain turtle too long. :s22:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when did starhub come up with the plus 3 thing ar? seems like too good to pass up.

i hope i not mountain turtle too long. :s22:
Plus 3 is already there for months, after M1 launched the Upsized Data for mySIM plans.

Tbh, M1 mySIM+ 20 with Upsized Data Plus is much more worth than StarHub 4G 3 + Plus 3 on SIM-only plan. Even mySIM+ 20 with Upsized Data is slightly cheaper than StarHub's same offering, and it's faster typically too. Downside: 12-mth contract.

M1 mySIM+ 20 & Upsized Data Plus: $31.80 for 8GB data, 150 mins, 800 SMS/MMS.

M1 mySIM+ 20 & Upsized Data: $25.90 for 6GB data, 150 mins, 800 SMS/MMS.

StarHub 4G 3 + Plus 3: $27.45 for 6GB data, 150 mins, 800 SMS/MMS.

Btw, for people that port over from SingTel/StarHub Mobile online, you can subscribe to mySIM plans (12mth) and get free Upsized Data ($5.90/mth) for 6 months, effectively reducing the subscription rates for the mySIM+ 20 with Upsized Data to just $22.95/mth (excluding other charges, of course).

Maybe can call in to see if the Upsized Data can be replaced with Upsized Data Plus instead and pay $5.90/mth for first 6 months, $11.80/mth thereafter, making the rates only $28.85/mth for 8GB data per month.

Last edited:

haikallp

Reaction score
I'm using M1 MySim 45 with one year contract +4gb add-on data for just $5+. So total 12GB of data. Total need to pay around $50 only. Also comes with 400mins talk time and 1200 SMSes.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using M1 MySim 45 with one year contract +4gb add-on data for just $5+. So total 12GB of data. Total need to pay around $50 only. Also comes with 400mins talk time and 1200 SMSes.
If don't need so much talk time can after the contract downgrade back to mySIM+ 30 + Upsized Data Plus, also 12GB, just that it's cheaper by $9.10/mth, or just add the 200 mins add-on for mySIM plans and still save $4.10/mth.

mySIM+ 45 + Upsized Data: $50.90/mth for 400 mins, 1200 SMS and 12GB data.

mySIM+ 30 + Upsized Data Plus: $41.80/mth for 300 mins, 1000 SMS and 12GB data.
+ 200 mins talk time for additional $5/mth.

ska13a

Reaction score
If I'm in ST i-lite CIS, want to switch to M1 MySim, do I need to wait till 24 months or can change at 21 month?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

your contract should long been ended?
obsolete plan

sjchai75

Reaction score
your contract should long been ended?
obsolete plan
My contract is combo 2 CIS actually, couldn't remember the name just now when I typed. Next month is 21st month, so still need to wait till May.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to port over to M1 next month, likely I'm getting mySIM 20 for 12 mth plan.

Is 24 mth more worth?

New subscriber needs to pay for new SIM card? Cannot be waived...?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to port over to M1 next month, likely I'm getting mySIM 20 for 12 mth plan.

Is 24 mth more worth?

New subscriber needs to pay for new SIM card? Cannot be waived...?
mySIM is only 1 mth or 12 mths plan. 12 mths plan have more data and can subscribe to Upsized Data/Plus/Super ($5.90/11.80/17.70 per mth) for more data on the mySIM plan, valid for mySIM+ 20 and above.
Handset plans (more expensive) is 24 mths. Upsized Data/Plus/Super is also available for 2-year handset contract plans as well, Lite+ and above.

Upsized Data VAS (Plus/Super as well): www.m1.com.sg/UpsizedData

M1 mySIM plans have free sim card till 31 March 2017, but registration of $10.70 is chargeable (maybe can waive if you ask the CSO kindly when the bill arrives). SIM Card and registration charges applicable for handset contract plan, not sure if can waive for not for public plan.
Free Upsized Data (worth $5.90/mth) for 6 months when you port over online too, only for mySIM plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.