OCBC Titanium Mastercard

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC team, any roadshows for this card ? If so, where ?

Hi elnewbie,

Thank you for getting in touch. This are the roadshow locations for this week:

20th to 24th December:

Tampines 1
FairPrice @ NEX
FairPrice @ Changi City Point
FairPrice @ Marsiling MRT Station
FairPrice @ Pasir Ris West Plaza
FairPrice @ Blk 50 Havelock Rd
FairPrice @ Blk 510 Bishan St 13

AMK Hub Branch
Causeway Point Branch
Compass One Branch
NEX Branch
Northpoint Branch
Hougang Mall Branch
Bedok North Branch

23rd to 24th December:

FairPrice @ Sports Hub

^WX

vince123123

Reaction score
Dear OCBC,

When using the OCBC Titanium rewards card via Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, what are the relevant transaction limits (if any?

(a) Apple Pay
(b) Samsung Pay NFC
(c) Samsung Pay MST

For e.g., the limits when using the above on CitiRewards card is $100/$100$/$3000

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Dear OCBC,

When using the OCBC Titanium rewards card via Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, what are the relevant transaction limits (if any?

(a) Apple Pay
(b) Samsung Pay NFC
(c) Samsung Pay MST

For e.g., the limits when using the above on CitiRewards card is $100/$100$/$3000

Hi vince123123,

Thank you for getting in touch.

For Apple Pay, the limit on old terminals is up to a $100, while new terminals can transact more than a $100. The same applies for Samsung Pay NFC.

For Samsung Pay MST, it would be up to your card/spending limit.

^WX

vince123123

Reaction score
Dear OCBC,

Thanks for the fast response.

In relation to this promotion at https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/cards/tncs_titanium_christmas_21dec.pdf?rand=1, can you confirm that the reference to "makes a relevant Eligible Transaction on his/her OCBC Titanium Rewards Card through Mobile Payments (Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung
Pay), from 23 to 26 December 2016 and 30 December 2016 to 2 January 2017" in Clause 3 refers to the transaction date falling within these periods and not the posting date?

Hi vince123123,

For Apple Pay, the limit on old terminals is up to a $100, while new terminals can transact more than a $100. The same applies for Samsung Pay NFC.

^WX

For the rest, TL;DR in the T&Cs mean that the mobile payment category has been extended to 31 Mar 2017 (which could be a good alternative to CitiRewards which ends on 31 Dec) and spendings earn 6 miles per dollar if they fall within the above periods as part of the Xmas and New Year promotion by OCBC. Also the no limit for Samsung MST may be a slight advantage over CitiRewards which is currently limited to $3,000.

Last edited:

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Dear OCBC,

Thanks for the fast response.

In relation to this promotion at https://www.ocbc.com/assets/pdf/cards/tncs_titanium_christmas_21dec.pdf?rand=1, can you confirm that the reference to "makes a relevant Eligible Transaction on his/her OCBC Titanium Rewards Card through Mobile Payments (Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung
Pay), from 23 to 26 December 2016 and 30 December 2016 to 2 January 2017" in Clause 3 refers to the transaction date falling within these periods and not the posting date?

For the rest, TL;DR in the T&Cs mean that the mobile payment category has been extended to 31 Mar 2017 (which could be a good alternative to CitiRewards which ends on 31 Dec) and spendings earn 6 miles per dollar if they fall within the above periods as part of the Xmas and New Year promotion by OCBC. Also the no limit for Samsung MST may be a slight advantage over CitiRewards which is currently limited to $3,000.

Hi Vince123123,

The dates mentioned refers to posted dates, and not transacted dates.

Also do note that bonus miles programme has been discontinued since the 1st of December 2016. Cardholders will be earning OCBC$.

Please refer to our website for more details - https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titaniumrewards-mastercard.html

Should you require further clarification, do let us know.

^DG

vince123123

Reaction score
I understand, my reference to 6 miles per dollar was just a useful descriptor for 15X OCBC$ earned.

Thanks also for the clarification that the transactions must post within the promotion dates, ie 23 to 26 December 2016 and 30 December 2016 to 2 January 2017. Given the narrow 4 day window for posting and given that cardholders have no control over when or how merchants post, I would give this deal a miss. I had thought it was full of promise initially and was gearing up to spend until I now learn that it is based on posted dates. OCBC might want to consider tweaking future promotions either with a longer window or based on transaction date which the customer can control. Imagine if a customer transacts on 23 and it gets posted on 27th. Or trying to beat the "clock" he transacts on 21st to 22nd and it gets posted on 22nd.

Thanks anyway!

Hi Vince123123,

The dates mentioned refers to posted dates, and not transacted dates.

Also do note that bonus miles programme has been discontinued since the 1st of December 2016. Cardholders will be earning OCBC$.

Please refer to our website for more details - https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/cards/titaniumrewards-mastercard.html

Should you require further clarification, do let us know.

^DG

elnewbie

Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Can you confirm if Samsung Pay using the MST function on this card is eligible for 10X points ?

I understand that any transactions effected thru SamsungPay are eligible for 10X, however am not sure if this is only eligible at Paywave contactless terminals or includes MST as well.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi OCBC,

Can you confirm if Samsung Pay using the MST function on this card is eligible for 10X points ?

I understand that any transactions effected thru SamsungPay are eligible for 10X, however am not sure if this is only eligible at Paywave contactless terminals or includes MST as well.

Hi elnewbie,

We wish to share that payment using Samsung MST qualifies for 10x OCBC$.

^WX

gnooliew

Reaction score
How useful is this revamped card? More for shopping. Doesn't look that suitable to be a generic or everyday use card. 365 card seems better for that purpose.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi vince123123,

^WX

Hi, are you sure apple pay can go above $100? Any reference for the "new terminals" ? compared to old.

elnewbie

Reaction score
I've tested this myself at Best Denki. They are using the new terminals. I charged $1300 one shot using Paywave.

Hi, are you sure apple pay can go above $100? Any reference for the "new terminals" ? compared to old.

elnewbie

Reaction score
It looks much newer. I'm serious.

The older machines look very faded and "worn".

The newer machines have the LED panel lighted up.

So far, I've seen the newer terminals issued by DBS and OCBC. UOB also seems to have a newer terminal with the "Mighty Pay" sticker but most merchants don't allow to use it if you are not using a physical UOB Paywave card.

How do the "new terminals" look like compared to the "old terminals"?

ska13a

Reaction score

So far, I've seen the newer terminals issued by DBS and OCBC. UOB also seems to have a newer terminal with the "Mighty Pay" sticker but most merchants don't allow to use it if you are not using a physical UOB Paywave card.

uob new paywave machine is like a usb number pad style?
look very special?
the only merchant having it is at singtel, cant recall other yet.
you can stand at singtel cashier to see.

this paywave is just like any other, no restriction on the card use

dunmesswifme

Reaction score
Hi purpletoysmum,

The rewards of the Titanium MasterCard and the Titanium Rewards card are different.

In order to enjoy the same benefits, customers will have to apply for the new card.

Do note that all application will be subject to review and approval.

Should you require further clarification, do drop us a PM.

^DG

I've been spending on the "old" card for 2 months before realising that the new benefits don't apply. This isn't made clear on your website or your press ads. This isn't the right way to treat your existing clients.

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
I've been spending on the "old" card for 2 months before realising that the new benefits don't apply. This isn't made clear on your website or your press ads. This isn't the right way to treat your existing clients.

I agree. It is not made clear that they are 2 completely different products. Moreover, it takes a long time to process and send the new card even though applied through internet banking and already an existing customer of the bank.

vince123123

Reaction score
Hahah I see. I have been trying to notice the outward appearance of terminals for quite some time trying to figure out which can acccept Samsung Pay + CitiRewards last year. But this "new" terminals could be something I have not seen before. If you encounter it again, could you take a photo for us? :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.