SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

shanelew

Reaction score
For the 2.4km run, how does it go about when it rains or Cat 1 weather on the day one is having ippt?

Will it be postponed to some other day or something?

Depending on the venue, can still run in the multi storey carpark @ Maju Camp. Otherwise, need to rebook your IPPT.

Zabivion

Reaction score
Hey guys, i got a question.

lets say my window IPPT window is open, I havent go for ippt yet. next month window will close. now i go overseas to work for 1 year. will they charge me for not going for ippt?

Hua_Hui

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello guys. may i know if voluntary ippt is possible?

i have already MR last year but will want to continue taking ippt as reason to keep fit

Calander

Reaction score
hello guys. may i know if voluntary ippt is possible?

i have already MR last year but will want to continue taking ippt as reason to keep fit

u can try booking of IPPT in your NS portal. Should not be an issue.

Calander

Reaction score
Hey guys, i got a question.

lets say my window IPPT window is open, I havent go for ippt yet. next month window will close. now i go overseas to work for 1 year. will they charge me for not going for ippt?

yes, mindef will charge u as a IPPT Defaulter.

during the hearing of your case, u will need to submit your defense and reasons on why you fail to attend. But by having working overseas for a year would mean that you need to apply for EP. With that EP, it should be a valid application to defer your ICT, IPPT and any Call-Ups.

best is contact your unit.

Calander

Reaction score
Not able to do so, blanked out.

Possible to call and request?

definitely it is possible to call. unless NS call center does not want to entertain you. but not sure if you can still sign up for IPPT.

but one thing for sure, you can still take ICT-IPPT after your MR if you have volunteered to join the ROVERS program.

Calander

Reaction score
u can actually delete your own post..

I'm not sure if it's legit urgent but I'll still ask.

Just got a SMS reminding me to book IPPT as my window closing soon. But I ORD just last year late-Nov. I thought the window only opens on the first birthday after I ORD? I already complete my IPPT for last year in Apr while I was still serving full-time NS. Some more, the Portal states my current window as 29/11/16 to 17/01/2017. I honestly don't get it. Shouldn't it be till the day before my bday NEXT year? The ORD briefing that time we were also told that it starts on our first bday after ORD, not right after ORD to our first bday post-ORD mah. Btw my bday is in two weeks time, if it helps.

EDIT: Oops, paiseh. Panicked just now and misread the deadline for my post-ORD window as 17-Jan-2017 instead of 2018. Confirmation bias struck again. Phew still got time to spare. Admin, please delete this msg thanks. =:p

Eirwan

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have some questions regarding ippt.

My birthday is 15 Nov. I have missed 2016 ippt window due to some hand surgery on September. My wrist was inflamed and was unable to do any physical activity before that.

On 28 Dec, I received SAF264 for not completing my ippt.

I was planning to complete my RT in 2017 window as to heal my hand. Then take my incamp ippt on July 2017.

Why do I been charge? I have not even complete my RT. It only 1 month after my 2016 window close.
As I know, you have to compete your RT before the next window.

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have some questions regarding ippt.

My birthday is 15 Nov. I have missed 2016 ippt window due to some hand surgery on September. My wrist was inflamed and was unable to do any physical activity before that.

On 28 Dec, I received SAF264 for not completing my ippt.

I was planning to complete my RT in 2017 window as to heal my hand. Then take my incamp ippt on July 2017.

Why do I been charge? I have not even complete my RT. It only 1 month after my 2016 window close.
As I know, you have to compete your RT before the next window.

the charged letter issued to u is because u have failed to complete your IPPT/IPT/RT requirement as u have already mentioned. therefore, what do u even mean by why u have been charged? this has nothing to do with any of your upcoming plans for 2017. probably it is just a procedure to inform you that u have failed to clear the window and u need to be doing RT.

however, if your injury warrants for an excuse (probably only upper limb in your case) for any physical activities of at least 6 months if i am not wrong, u will only be allowed to be excused for any IPPT, IPT and RT activities for that particular window.

Eirwan

Reaction score
the charged letter issued to u is because u have failed to complete your IPPT/IPT/RT requirement as u have already mentioned. therefore, what do u even mean by why u have been charged? this has nothing to do with any of your upcoming plans for 2017. probably it is just a procedure to inform you that u have failed to clear the window and u need to be doing RT.

however, if your injury warrants for an excuse (probably only upper limb in your case) for any physical activities of at least 6 months if i am not wrong, u will only be allowed to be excused for any IPPT, IPT and RT activities for that particular window.

Well, I received a letter to report to CMPB NSSC in Depot Road.

So means that before doing any RT you must be charged first then do RT?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, I received a letter to report to CMPB NSSC in Depot Road.

So means that before doing any RT you must be charged first then do RT?

You are being charged for defaulting your IPPT so nothing to do with doing your RT 1st or starting your RT. If you didn't complete your RT after that, you will be charged again for defaulting your RT. They don't link the charges together.

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from ipt kathib camp. Saw 1 cute looking female instructor there. Anyone saw?

Kibamaru

Reaction score
Hi, I just want to clarify something as it is not clear in the system.

I did 1 IPT in my previous window.

This year it says I currently have 0/19 RT sessions cleared.

I am supposed to take a test on the 8th, 14th and 20th session.

So how is it calculated? Am I right to say my test is actually session 7/19, 13/19 and 19/19?

Or is it 8/19, 14/19 and after I do session 19/19 I have to come back for 1 more IPPT??

Thanks in advance! :)

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So how is it calculated? Am I right to say my test is actually session 7/19, 13/19 and 19/19?

Or is it 8/19, 14/19 and after I do session 19/19 I have to come back for 1 more IPPT??

Should be the latter.

Calander

Reaction score

7th, 13th and 19th. basically should be minus from the number of IPTs attended in the previous window

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If given the choice, go for 20RT or opt for IPT better
Personally I think I cmi for IPPT physical wise, then now I just noticed that IPT, if fail IPPT still need go for RT, so which one better

Calander

Reaction score
If given the choice, go for 20RT or opt for IPT better
Personally I think I cmi for IPPT physical wise, then now I just noticed that IPT, if fail IPPT still need go for RT, so which one better

i will prefer to just go for all the 10 IPTs as I would not want to squeeze the whole 20 RTs under one window, or more than 10.

in order to maxmise the IPPT/IPT allowance, u can go for one more IPPT (total entitled to a max of 3 IPPTs/window, where 2 IPPTs are already inclusive in the IPT program.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.