NUS - Data Science and Analytics

NPNTBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks. didnt know data sci is under stats also.

Just a thought - do you think DS is overhyped?

I believe you said you work in the public sector before and, if possible, mind sharing how applicable is DS in your workplace?

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a thought - do you think DS is overhyped?

I believe you said you work in the public sector before and, if possible, mind sharing how applicable is DS in your workplace?

yea most probably.

it is very applicable in my workplace bcos my unit was set up specifically to adopt data sci. and many of my colleagues who are not in the unit are also increasingly adopting it in their work. even colleagues from other dept/agencies approach us from time to time for stuff related to data sci.

but note that it is probably not the same everywhere in the public service... many ministries/agencies are very interested in it, but each of us are at different stage of development.

NPNTBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea most probably.

it is very applicable in my workplace bcos my unit was set up specifically to adopt data sci. and many of my colleagues who are not in the unit are also increasingly adopting it in their work. even colleagues from other dept/agencies approach us from time to time for stuff related to data sci.

but note that it is probably not the same everywhere in the public service... many ministries/agencies are very interested in it, but each of us are at different stage of development.

alright, thank you for sharing. :):)

xWildFangz

Reaction score
Yes you're right. I assume all DSA majors are pre-allocated GEQ??

GEQ didn't want to let me drop the module after realizing I was from DSA.
They mentioned that the faculty advised them to preallocate me the mod.
I have no idea if it's a DSA or FoS related reason.

Also, I hope DSA1101 isn't too difficult. (preferably same difficulty as ST1131)

NPNTBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GEQ didn't want to let me drop the module after realizing I was from DSA.
They mentioned that the faculty advised them to preallocate me the mod.
I have no idea if it's a DSA or FoS related reason.

Also, I hope DSA1101 isn't too difficult. (preferably same difficulty as ST1131)

I tried dropping GEQ but wasn't able to as well..

You took ST1131 as a UEM? I don't think that belongs to any of our requirements right?

xWildFangz

Reaction score
I tried dropping GEQ but wasn't able to as well..

You took ST1131 as a UEM? I don't think that belongs to any of our requirements right?

Our intro module is DSA1101, why would we take ST1131? :o
If it's referring to my previous mention of ST1131 difficulty, it is cause it's just MCQ and SAQ exam lmao.

NPNTBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our intro module is DSA1101, why would we take ST1131? :o
If it's referring to my previous mention of ST1131 difficulty, it is cause it's just MCQ and SAQ exam lmao.

Oh :s13:

Paiseh, I didn't know about ST1131. :s34:

NPNTBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where were you sitting? :3

Chiu say first kym :s34:

Can you make out his Indian accent? Some parts I seriously cannot... Plus, idk if this prof is going off tangent what he's suppose to teach or those google translate, Rhapsody and stuff he said are stuffs he's gonna test us on...

xWildFangz

Reaction score
Chiu say first kym :s34:

Can you make out his Indian accent? Some parts I seriously cannot... Plus, idk if this prof is going off tangent what he's suppose to teach or those google translate, Rhapsody and stuff he said are stuffs he's gonna test us on...

Left side at the back.

Ikr. Today's lecture had nothing constructive...
Mostly it's about examples or applications of data science / computer science.

NPNTBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Left side at the back.

Ikr. Today's lecture had nothing constructive...
Mostly it's about examples or applications of data science / computer science.

Yar... Mostly just application nia. I hope he touches on tgt syllabus this coming Thursday..

BTW, did you catch what he say about our labs? No labs arh? Our tutorials is 'absorbed' into Thursday's lecture is it?

xWildFangz

Reaction score
Yar... Mostly just application nia. I hope he touches on tgt syllabus this coming Thursday..

BTW, did you catch what he say about our labs? No labs arh? Our tutorials is 'absorbed' into Thursday's lecture is it?

I never caught the 'lab' part.
But yes, tutorial is during the 2nd half of our lecture on Thurs.
Also... today's lecture took 1h 40min without any breaks lmao.

NPNTBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never caught the 'lab' part.
But yes, tutorial is during the 2nd half of our lecture on Thurs.
Also... today's lecture took 1h 40min without any breaks lmao.

Nvm, I'll ask him on Thursday then.

Yaar, he went through pretty slowly..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.