Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

cokiee

Reaction score

For me, the main comparison now is between this (thank you!) and the one on lazada by simder, at $369. Assuming both can be stacked with shopback with ~$10 off, this means that one will be paying $30 for extra 5 months of warranty (newstar 1 month vs simder 6 months).

Do people like the silver or gold one better?:s13:

Zapper1819

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice to know mi max thread have a part 2 thread. Used from Aug till now really no regrets.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is a good phone.

Good battery life, decent performance, big display, average camera with a sexy pricing!!!

s1mple

Reaction score
Best VALUE phone I have ever had!
Thanks and congrats to bro @kelvinti, without u maybe this thread won't reach part 2 ;)

sjchai75

Reaction score
For me, the main comparison now is between this (thank you!) and the one on lazada by simder, at $369. Assuming both can be stacked with shopback with ~$10 off, this means that one will be paying $30 for extra 5 months of warranty (newstar 1 month vs simder 6 months).

Do people like the silver or gold one better?:s13:

Mine is silver, like it plain and simple. Gold a bit oldish...haha even though quite mah my age

ablurcat

Reaction score
For the shopee MiMax at $208 is it 3/32 version ?
Anyone bought from this seller before,?

sjchai75

Reaction score
Best VALUE phone I have ever had!
Thanks and congrats to bro @kelvinti, without u maybe this thread won't reach part 2 ;)

Yes, I followed this thread from mid Dec onwards as looking for replacement for my ZTE Z7 Max. It was a good phone until the touch panel spoiled. Then I was hooked from then in and manage to get myself a 4/128 too

algerr

Master Member
Reaction score
+1 in new thread.

Do you guys use the ring attachment to get a better grip?

Other than using the ring attachment for better grip... it's also a stand when you place it on table to watch videos... keke...

pretty useful....

Anyone sticking the ring attachment directly on the back of phone itself, instead of TPU casing etc?

=============

Kelvinti,

Thanks for your tip on the volume issue...

just got to bear with it till next update fixes it.. =(

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/IRING-BUNKER-RING-IPHONE-PHONE-HOLDER-MOBILE-STAND-HANDPHONE/478926237

c370a015-7d01-4ca5-bc91-b43b90690836.jpg

Captain America Shield looks nice haha, probably getting one to try out. Got Pokeball too.

Edit: Order from their website a bit cheaper, $3.90 > $3.50.

Last edited:

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats to bro kelvinti for clinching the last post of the first part :)
Believe this to be the first Part 2 thread in the Xiaomi Usergroup!

To many more parts, and also a great sunday ahead!

Intri~

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good to hear all are happy with Mi Max even though it is not the top end phone.

Mi Max's selling point is really its huge screen, huge battery and speedy and smooth operations for media consumption and game plays at such affordable price tag... even though it is not for those 3D high graphic intensive games.

That's good enough for many mainstream consumers here.

Comparing the price to SD650/652 powered Oppo R9 Plus, Samsung A9 Pro and some other brands, Mi max pricing is top notch in that context. :)

Mi Max handset quality has been quite good too. There isn't any hardware issue being reported so far. At least, no major quality issue. :)

Last edited:

dxboy

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Other than using the ring attachment for better grip... it's also a stand when you place it on table to watch videos... keke...

pretty useful....

Anyone sticking the ring attachment directly on the back of phone itself, instead of TPU casing etc?

=============

Kelvinti,

Thanks for your tip on the volume issue...

just got to bear with it till next update fixes it.. =(
I stick to my hard case instead of the ultra slim tpu case which is soft like jelly

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry but may i ask if anyone heard of new star and have bought from them? and is it a china or global rom? if china can flash to global rom?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been using slim tpu transparent case since day one coz I like to keep it as slim as possible.

Of coz, I have got to be extra careful not to drop it hard.

I have a thicker aluminum case coming. I will try it and see if I'm okay with the extra thickness for extra protection.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry but may i ask if anyone heard of new star and have bought from them? and is it a china or global rom? if china can flash to global rom?

Newstar on Qoo10 and shopee or iSky and MiddleSky on Lazada are all referring to the same seller and shop.

There are pure china rom seller with China rom preloaded in their handset for Mi Max.

Yes, it can be flashed to global rom with ease. Don't worry.

You can try to ask them to help flashing to global rom for you if they are willing to even though they have no obligation to do it for buyers. No harm asking, right? :)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.