View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 08:50 AM   #9211
zzzzzz87

Hi,

The link show an insulated pipe photo at the FCU. The FCU consist of the evaporation coil with 2 ends, one incoming and another outgoing. The incoming pipe is smaller, carrying liquid refrigerant while the outgoing pipe is larger, carrying refrigerant gas back to the condenser.

Both these pipe are place together in one insulation inside the FCU. It is normal for installer to group both the smaller and larger pipe from the condenser together in one insulation as it get nearer to the FCU to joint to the respective pipes in the FCU that are in one insulation.

It is good practice to observe the installer during installation to ensure that the pipes before this grouping into one insulation are actually individual insulated pipes. This grouping should be as short as possible. There is no standard to date as to the length of this grouping.

The above are my opinion and hope that they are helpful.
i didn't observe during installation

that means i need to ask them open for me to see if it's individually insulated pipes or what?

or can't do anything liao?

but apparently need the different insulation sizes even though my package is 1/2" de? they brought 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2" with them. saying for different sections. is it correct?

Last edited by zzzzzz87; 09-01-2017 at 08:54 AM..