Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see, thanks for the info, though would want to try flash the phone my own, but still i will do check with them and ask them to help me 1st. and maybe at a later time i do some research on the steps and try it on my own. :o

but do u have happen to have any good codes for the their shopee? cos after comparing the pricing seems like shopee discount is much better.

you want flash rom can find me :s22::s22:

walkofwinners

Reaction score
Active interaction from everyone here have contributed to the unexpected part 2. :)

Many of us have never used a Xiaomi phone before. Those numerous questions and answers thus the high number of postings have resulted the impossible Part 2 for Mi Max.

Wah Kelvinti is still going strong here in mi Max!

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway, expecting a new OTA for Mi Max (All variants) this upcoming week as some of us here have received the 8.1.9.0 (Mi Max Prime) via OTA as random users selected by MIUI Team before it is released officially to the mass. :s22:

Let's hope the new OTA fixes some of the current bugs (Especially the low volume bug on YouTube via earpiece & Mi Sound Enhancer bug), if not all! :s22:

I'm eagerly awaiting the volume fixes! hahaha..

Reporting in to the new thread! :s13:

ahmadasadfx

Reaction score
Finally got my Mi Max to work.. For those who have issues with bootloop after flash rom you can do a hard reset (Hold power & volume up. Release power button on first vibration but still pressing volume up). You will see a phone logo with USB cable and the wording pcsuite. com below.. Release volume up button and wait. It should restart by itself. I had to do it few times. So far no more bootloop which came each time I tried to install few apps at e same time. It will start to lag n have some vibration then bootloop. I'm at 8.1.4.0 Global ROM.

The guys at JTBC were very helpful. They even offered to exchange new set if the same issue happen again. While I was there, an auntie needed help with a sim card (not their customer). They helped her for FOC. For me personally, they have a good service thus sharing. But it's up to individual experience ya.

Anyway thanks to Kelvin for always trying to help me out. Tried as per above and worked for me. Loving my mi max!

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
been using max since last June or so, changed to 64/3 lasr mth.
now abit itchy wanna change to 128/4
worth it bo . . .

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Unless you need more storage space and are always maxing out the ram (multi-tasking), (imho) I don't think it's worth it to "upgrade".

You are still getting the same processor and gpu when compared to the 64GB Max Prime. :D

Last edited:

Alwaysb

Reaction score
Hi anyone has simer trader, Dave Handphone number pls? His current phone number on q0010 not working

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So funny you. I here urgent look for him. Since morning till now. Cannot get. Angry

Did you talk to a guy named Kelvin in the shop? Did Kelvin say "老闆不在!"? :s8:

Last edited:

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any shops that can remove both the front and back cameras of Mi Max, without severely damaging the aesthetics of the phone?

Due to work reasons, I sometimes need to access sensitive areas that prohibit camera phones. The security uncles checking the phones don't know **** about Mindef guidelines so just want to see a phone that has no front and back cameras. It'll be great if any shops out there can modify the Max till it looks like there's no built in cameras.

Someone ever posted a breakdown pic or vid. Can definitely be removed without affecting the aesthetics at all, but you will still have the empty holes/ports there? To mod it till it looks like there's no cams to begin with, you need to find someone who can custom design and make a new phone chassis :s22: that part is unlikely I think...

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.