Going for a holiday? Singtel ReadyRoam is the affordable way to stay connected.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
I think even we register for ready roam in our phone under data roam we need go enable If not it won't work

As for APN no need to go edit it
Am I right singtel Cso in hwz ?
Hi kenchi,

If you have disabled data roaming setting, you will be reminded to enable it with a SMS once you activate ReadyRoam.

The SMS will advise you to enable data roam by dialing *101# or via My Singtel app.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score

vuzuuu

Reaction score
I have just subscribed to Singtel Readyroam for my coming trip to Beijing next week.
I called singtel to ask about the settings on my iphone and also singtel app, but, not very clear about asking me to sms *100#.
Could Singtel please kindly show some guidelines here on what neccessary settings need to be done on both singtel app and iphone, thanks.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just subscribed to Singtel Readyroam for my coming trip to Beijing next week.
I called singtel to ask about the settings on my iphone and also singtel app, but, not very clear about asking me to sms *100#.
Could Singtel please kindly show some guidelines here on what neccessary settings need to be done on both singtel app and iphone, thanks.

just a word of advice, which ever settings you want, always go to the singtel app first, followed by the phone. phone's settings will not be as accurate as the singtel app as the settings set will be done at network level while phone's is only local level.

Singtel app, enable data roaming and sign up which ever data roaming service you need. that should suffice.

on the phone, enable data roaming as well and thats it.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi vuzuuu,

There are two methods to activate ReadyRoam

(1) Dial *101#
(2) Via My Singtel app

Here are the step-by-step guide for each method:

Dia *101#
0sjznkE.jpg

UbHs2T5.jpg

0T8we6e.jpg

Ao4eNta.jpg

1AkfbrU.jpg

uIALt72.jpg

NVeDl0r.jpg

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
My Singtel app
g7l7H2J.jpg

f6v3Vgf.jpg

For both methods, no other settings required except to enable data roaming.

Hope this helps and have a good trip to Beijing.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better to just buy local SIM card
SingTel just wants to trap you to use your SingTel line to make expensive Roaming calls

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
lolx .. that's not true for china. singtel mentioned earlier posts that local SIMs no access to fb.

Better to just buy local SIM card
SingTel just wants to trap you to use your SingTel line to make expensive Roaming calls

vuzuuu

Reaction score
Hi, I'm back from Beijing yesterday and I would like to share my experiences of using SingTel Readyroam for the past 8days.

Facebook, Google, whatsapp and etc all can be used during the whole trip. Overall, speed was good and stable. Even made a whatsapp video call at Mutianyu Great Wall which quite deserted area in china. Make messenger voice call everyday with no major issues encountered.

$20 for 1g data is really worth the money.
IMG_1309.jpg

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm back from Beijing yesterday and I would like to share my experiences of using SingTel Readyroam for the past 8days.

Facebook, Google, whatsapp and etc all can be used during the whole trip. Overall, speed was good and stable. Even made a whatsapp video call at Mutianyu Great Wall which quite deserted area in china. Make messenger voice call everyday with no major issues encountered.

$20 for 1g data is really worth the money.
IMG_1309.jpg
Hi vuzuuu,

Welcome back to Singapore! Hope you had a great trip in Beijing!

Thank you for sharing a positive experience using our ReadyRoam service!

Happy New Year and enjoy the long weekend! :)

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if its this case for china then will surely use it the next time i go China....

Anyway singtel, what happens if the 1Gb has been used up? will it auto charge under the expensive auto roam Date bundle or it will just stop till we buy the 1Gb again?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
if its this case for china then will surely use it the next time i go China....

Anyway singtel, what happens if the 1Gb has been used up? will it auto charge under the expensive auto roam Date bundle or it will just stop till we buy the 1Gb again?
Hi mamboeidos,

Once you exceed the 1GB, you will enjoy discounted pay per usage charges that is equivalent to another 1GB plan.

Excess data beyond the 1GB bundled data on our preferred networks will be chargeable at S$0.019/MB (~S$20/GB) for ReadyRoam (11 countries) and S$0.0034/MB (~S$35/GB) for ReadyRoam (26 countries)

You can refer to our FAQ link below for more information:
https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/userguide/ReadyRoam_FAQs.pdf

vuzuuu

Reaction score
Am leaving for KL for few days and will try out the DataRoam Malaysia Monthly this time round.
Hopefully, the network in Malaysia as good as I enjoyed in Beijing last month.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Am leaving for KL for few days and will try out the DataRoam Malaysia Monthly this time round.
Hopefully, the network in Malaysia as good as I enjoyed in Beijing last month.
Hi vuzuuu,

You can sign up for our DataRoam Saver Malaysia Monthly 1GB at S$10.

You can terminate the plan after you come back from Malaysia.

More information on this plan can be found in the links below:
https://www.singtel.com/personal/ph...velling-overseas/dataroam-saver-malaysia.html
https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/userguide/FAQs-Roam_ Like_Home_Malaysia_5Dec.pdf

Do let us know if you have other questions.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using the singtel data roaming since last Wednesday in Hong Kong, shenzhen and Guangzhou. Works well in Hong Kong with 4g connection.

However in shenzhen and Guangzhou it is painfully slow with only edge connection. No idea why.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using the singtel data roaming since last Wednesday in Hong Kong, shenzhen and Guangzhou. Works well in Hong Kong with 4g connection.

However in shenzhen and Guangzhou it is painfully slow with only edge connection. No idea why.

probably the Telco there is experiencing slower speed bah...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.