Wireless IP Camera thread

vvaness40

Reaction score
My camera view is not so critical as i am just installing for viewing my cat only=:p

But i guess i will follow your advice and get the PT528 instead due to the slight price difference...But if the PT498 is still at $69, i would get that still coz it is most value for the buck.

But the PT528 is smaller right?

But can i see the difference viewing angle on a same location between both of the said models?

Sineoji PT528

d327f2cb97.png

Sineoji PT498

2f7aa7fb56.png

PT528 view is really wide

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my sineoji PT498v keeps dropping from network. anyone knows the cause?
iye9sg.jpg

even when i put the ipcam side by side with the router, it drops.

Last edited:

barrios

Reaction score
my sineoji PT498v keeps dropping from network. anyone knows the cause?
iye9sg.jpg

even when i put the ipcam side by side with the router, it drops.
It's likely your modem router band steering is enabled. Disable band steering and use a different SSID for 2.4ghz and 5ghz should do the trick.The Ipcam only works with 2.4ghz.

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's likely your modem router band steering is enabled. Disable band steering and use a different SSID for 2.4ghz and 5ghz should do the trick.The Ipcam only works with 2.4ghz.
got a 1 to 1 exchange. seems like the ipcam's wifi chip is faulty

penyekz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

can you please recommend me a good IP camera. It would need to have a stable wireless connection and be wide angle (I don't really like PTZ). My main requirement is that I can record to my Asustor NAS and it can have motion detection.

I currently have a samsung smart cam and although the quality is good, I am unable to use motion detection and so have 24/7 recording.

Price-wise I'm ok with anything.

Thanks!

jackylimwc

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone uses the Sineoji as a baby monitor? Can share your experience?
I am looking for a solution for the following scenario:

Wife has her iphone and is sleeping. The Sineoji app is NOT opened. Baby wakes up and starts moving/makes noise. App will give an alarm to wife iphone and wakes wife up.

Any suggestion/recommendation other than dedicated baby monitors?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
got so high tech one meh?

Hi guys,

Wife has her iphone and is sleeping. The Sineoji app is NOT opened. Baby wakes up and starts moving/makes noise. App will give an alarm to wife iphone and wakes wife up.

yoyo_girl

Reaction score
Contemplating Sineoji 595 and 603
Any recommendation?
I thought 595 is good enough to monitor my maid since it can pan and tilt but yet tempted to get 603 so that I don't always need to control to pan and tilt.... sigh. Can u guys give me some advice?

And getting direct from their Sim Lim store better or order online better? Scared dunno if they will deliver or not. Do they deliver on Sunday? Any idea?

Sorry for so many questions. Some kind souls to offer advice..

goodwin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The Sineoji app for iPhone has this function "alarm push notifications". When the Sineoji app is closed, it will send you a notification tinker when it detects motion.

goodwin

Reaction score
Contemplating Sineoji 595 and 603
Any recommendation?
I thought 595 is good enough to monitor my maid since it can pan and tilt but yet tempted to get 603 so that I don't always need to control to pan and tilt.... sigh. Can u guys give me some advice?

And getting direct from their Sim Lim store better or order online better? Scared dunno if they will deliver or not. Do they deliver on Sunday? Any idea?

Sorry for so many questions. Some kind souls to offer advice..

Sineoji 603 viewing angle is wider than the 595 series.

If you want with the installation, buy online, otherwise, you can get at the stores but diy.

I know Saturday they do delivery but Sunday you have to check with them.

XC

Reaction score
Can I ask, for the wireless IP camera, will it work without Internet? Can I put in the SD card and let it do 24 hours recording without any Internet connection?

Thanks

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Can I ask, for the wireless IP camera, will it work without Internet? Can I put in the SD card and let it do 24 hours recording without any Internet connection?

Thanks

yes.

it will record, as long as there is power and the SDcard is not removed

you won't be able to access the IPCam without internet, only manually via the SD Card to access the footage

also . the timestamp and date on the recordings will not be correct, because there is no internet.

XC

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

The date and time should not be too much different, right?
If I connect to Internet to setup the first time, then there should be internal clock to keep track of the time. Or the time will stop once disconnect from internet?

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

The date and time should not be too much different, right?
If I connect to Internet to setup the first time, then there should be internal clock to keep track of the time. Or the time will stop once disconnect from internet?

no. it will be different

there is no internal clock it connects and syncs via NTP

if no internet it will. not have a proper time and date

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.