Nintendo Switch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfkmueh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sg pricing for Nintendo product is really chop carrot one.

Other than accessories, I rather buy from nintendo store direct.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Sg pricing for Nintendo product is really chop carrot one.

Other than accessories, I rather buy from nintendo store direct.

Care to share your past experience of Nintendo products purchases in terms of pricing difference?

I have never bought any Nintendo console before, except for handhelds, 3DS XL (but I didn't compare with Nintendo store direct either).

tfkmueh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Care to share your past experience of Nintendo products purchases in terms of pricing difference?

I have never bought any Nintendo console before, except for handhelds, 3DS XL (but I didn't compare with Nintendo store direct either).

Games are around 60-80sgd while online it's 40-60 after conversion.

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...me..69i57j0.3751j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

8PM PT = 12PM SGT

guess i will be catching bah in office.

what price you guys think it will launch with?

200USD? 250USD? 300USD?

for a benchmark:
Wii U launched @299USD and 349USD
PS4: 399USD
OG Xbox One: 499USD
Bonus:
new 3DS XL: 199USD

I'm also catching the event in office , hopefully not more than 1 hour .

I'm expecting it to be at usd$300-$350

Too cheap like $200 either they selling at a lost or the specs sux, more than $350, they will lose some gamers

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as a Playstation fanboy, i am both intrigue by the Switch but also wary of nintendo, specifically in regards to region locking and digital purchase.

one of the greatest pet peeve with nintendo (and why i never bought any of their stuff since Nintendo DS Lite) is because of region locking. That's so backward.

Also, they really really really NEED to sort out their digital marketplace to be at least on the same level as everyone else (digital purchase tied to user id instead of tied to devices)..it's the 2016 and why are they still using archaic method of 2006?

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
pretty sure they have learnt a lot from Wii U's failure and also the current landscape of things.

by omitting out the disc drive is an indication that they have moved on from disc based consoles.

region lock reminds me of those good old times :s13:
hope they also moved on from that le bah. :o

wait and see loh. they have 99 ways to fail again with this new console.

Last edited:

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pretty sure they have learnt a lot from Wii U's failure and also the current landscape of things.

by omitting out the disc drive is an indication that they have moved on from disc based consoles.

region lock reminds me of those good old times :s13:
hope they also moved on from that le bah. :o

wait and see loh. they have 99 ways to fail again with this new console.
u looked at their mobile phone games strategy....i dunno man.....nintendo is a thoroughly japanese company, die die stick to their 'philosophy'.

I love mario and their games...but their system and eco-system always got some 'quirks' about them that stop them from being user friendly.

i mean it's 2017 and they still don't have some sort of achievement/trophy system or a consolidated user id system with cloud save. Can you imagine that even non-game company like Apple, Google and Amazon got Achievement systems, cloud save synchronization on their platform?

Nintendo, i love you but you need to pull your head out of your a55 and into the 21st century.

i will buy the switch in a heartbeat regardless of price (money is not problem for me...i got a PSVR at launch LOL) but they need to assure me that they got their a55 together before i dedicate myself to another nintendo platform.

Last edited:

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Me :)

Taking leave to do spring cleaning and watch during lunch break

Sounds like a good plan. This will be the first time that I'll watch a gaming event live and it's on my kid's birthday. Haha. Price wise, I think will be steep - USD449 ?

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
The switch talk will be around an hour long as stated by Nintendo jp. It will be in Japanese but will have English dub live. Friday ~12-1pm, may start preview at 11.30am.

Following that night will be the treehouse talk where they will reveal and discuss more about Nintendo switch games. Same friday night ~10.30pm sg timing.

IMG_0932.png

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
well. new 3DS XL screen size is 4.88" and 4.18" for reference.

probably be a bit bigger than a iPad mini 7.9" bah

i believe Virtual Console is also needed for Day 1 launch. since there will be lack of games during launch, they will benefit from the throw back to good old times. imagine GameCube games on Virtual Console.

for reference: Virtual Console games

Last edited:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i requested mod to combine the 2 threads le. see if they can do it.

anyways. i really hope we can preorder it on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.