2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjlim86

Reaction score
any recommendation for 2.0 or 2.1? budget below $200. currently looking at Swans m10 and Creative T3. Any comment?

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for 2.0 or 2.1? budget below $200. currently looking at Swans m10 and Creative T3. Any comment?

with that budget, m10 is the best bet... i dont really like t3 anyways due to the bass response and the popular remote control issue

what songs you listen to? and how about your usage?

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was actually referring to the 2 pieces of equipment beside your speaker :D.

Btw is that Adam A3x?

Thats my DAC and external blu ray drive

DAC is Prismsound Lyra 1

This is Adam Artist 5 paired with Adam SW260 Mk3 subwoofer

zjlim86

Reaction score
with that budget, m10 is the best bet... i dont really like t3 anyways due to the bass response and the popular remote control issue

what songs you listen to? and how about your usage?

the usage is more toward gaming and watching movies. seldom listen to music. T3 is lazada is selling at $199 now, hence within my budget. m10 and T3, which will you choose?

Edited: just did a quick google and decide to kick T3 out. is there any other suggestion other than the m10? subwoofer usually is placed on the ground?

Last edited:

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the usage is more toward gaming and watching movies. seldom listen to music. T3 is lazada is selling at $199 now, hence within my budget. m10 and T3, which will you choose?

both will suffice

i will lean towards the m10. I have used the t3 before and within the 1 year of warranty, i exchanged the remote control twice. unless you stay very near creative service center, otherwise, i will still lean towards m10 in terms of reliability

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Edited: just did a quick google and decide to kick T3 out. is there any other suggestion other than the m10? subwoofer usually is placed on the ground?
Up your budget and hoot m50

Sent from Samsung SM-T719Y using GAGT

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much is m50? where is a good place to get it?

I second m50w... its a really solid pair of speakers... pc themes or cybermind carries it... it is a lot better then the t3 and m10

M10 sub is designed to place on the desk due to the volume control knob. M50w sub is to be placed on the floor

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
both will suffice

i will lean towards the m10. I have used the t3 before and within the 1 year of warranty, i exchanged the remote control twice. unless you stay very near creative service center, otherwise, i will still lean towards m10 in terms of reliability

Sorry to borrow this thread.
I am also looking for proper 2.1 speaker.
Have played with so many different speakers.
Logitech - Not my liking
Creative - Design/QC issues
Klipsch Promedia - Subwoofer crossover issue

I really have no idea what to go next?
Audioengine is good but it's only 2.0 and without sub
the bass is lacking.

Swan? Not sure whether will it suit a HTS space user here.
I have also thought maybe I just get a Stereo amp/DAC + Bookshelf speaker.
Or get a powered bookshelf speaker but I have space issue.

Any kind advice?
Thought of also going back to T3 but fear of the faulty remote
I also don't like.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to borrow this thread.
I am also looking for proper 2.1 speaker.
Have played with so many different speakers.
Logitech - Not my liking
Creative - Design/QC issues
Klipsch Promedia - Subwoofer crossover issue

I really have no idea what to go next?
Audioengine is good but it's only 2.0 and without sub
the bass is lacking.

Swan? Not sure whether will it suit a HTS space user here.
I have also thought maybe I just get a Stereo amp/DAC + Bookshelf speaker.
Or get a powered bookshelf speaker but I have space issue.

Any kind advice?
Thought of also going back to T3 but fear of the faulty remote
I also don't like.

Have to take into consideration what type of songs u usually listen and also your usage...

If u feel audioengine is good, can always add a subwoofer later...
If u need the low ends, then a sub will be great, swans m50w, audioengine a5 with the s8 sub, or even jbl lsr305 with the lsr310s

If dont need low ends, can remove the subwoofer of the above audioengine and jbl setups or can even consider swans m200mk3 which i find it quite pleasant sounding with decent low ends

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to take into consideration what type of songs u usually listen and also your usage...

If u feel audioengine is good, can always add a subwoofer later...
If u need the low ends, then a sub will be great, swans m50w, audioengine a5 with the s8 sub, or even jbl lsr305 with the lsr310s

If dont need low ends, can remove the subwoofer of the above audioengine and jbl setups or can even consider swans m200mk3 which i find it quite pleasant sounding with decent low ends

Techno/Dance that is why I need .1, bookshelf can do but
.1 will add more kick to it.
Will test those you mention but a5 with s8 maybe too pricey for me
that I can get a proper Hifi system to hook up instead.
JBL pro series? Where to get?

LegendZenify

Reaction score

Audioengine S8 is kinda underwhelming given that you can get a 10" woofer of similar quality at the same price range.
I think most importantly, what's your budget?
Swans M50W is really popular here as it hits a pretty nice point in between quality and price.
If you can extend your budget more, there are systems like the LSR305+LSR310S, Presonus Eris E5 +Temblor T10, etc. that are ard the 1k+ price point.
Or, you can mix and match, here's a 10" woofer that pretty cheap: http://www.lazada.sg/thonet-and-vander-sw10-10-100w-active-subwoofer-schwarz-7164719.html

JBL pro series you can get at luthermusic, though these are frequently out of stock, so better to call first.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What series of JBL Pro are you looking for?

Im currently on the JBL Pro SRX715 for my main speakers.

Subs im using wharfedale pro
Delta series. Quite afforable n sound decent, bought a few pieces to run them tgt. Quite nice sounding i must say.

Still a 2.1 channel set up, but i currently on 2 speakers per side, and multiple subs coupled tgt

Sent from Tefal Delice OF-2731 Smart-WiFi Convection Oven using GAGT

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U get what u pay for... jbl i am referring to the studio monitors, the jbl lsr305

U can consider mix n match also. But i usually will stick to one brand as sometimes i still believe that if u are using internal crossovers built in the subwoofer, pairing of different brands might not result in the same results as using their own solutions.

But i also know that in the audio world, mix and match is very common. But i think you should personally go down and listen, let your ears decide which to get. Most importantly you like the sound. We can recommend u speakers that cost 1k, but u prefer the sound of a 300 dollars speaker

Last edited:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U get what u pay for... jbl i am referring to the studio monitors, the jbl lsr305

U can consider mix n match also. But i usually will stick to one brand as sometimes i still believe that if u are using internal crossovers built in the subwoofer, pairing of different brands might not result in the same results as using their own solutions.

But i also know that in the audio world, mix and match is very common. But i think you should personally go down and listen, let your ears decide which to get. Most importantly you like the sound. We can recommend u speakers that cost 1k, but u prefer the sound of a 300 dollars speaker

Coming from HTS/Pro audio space, I agree usually speaker set must
be one brand.
Not only crossover but different manufacturer their sound signature is different.

If more than $1k, I rather go Sony UDA-1 DAC + SS-HA3 Speaker package but this cost near $2k. :s22:
This one I tested is powerful and good setup but $2k very hard for me to stomach in. :s13:

Anyway currently in the midst of getting quotation about the JBL speaker you mention as well as looking at Yamaha AG Mini Mixer to go with it.
PR-agseries-ag06.jpg

Since that speaker supports TRS jack/Balanced which I rather use
for those monitor/pro grade speakers.

See how will this setup cost me first than I consider.
Time to time I also doing video/voice recording so I will need a mixer
also. :)

Cheers.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coming from HTS/Pro audio space, I agree usually speaker set must
be one brand.
Not only crossover but different manufacturer their sound signature is different.

If more than $1k, I rather go Sony UDA-1 DAC + SS-HA3 Speaker package but this cost near $2k. :s22:
This one I tested is powerful and good setup but $2k very hard for me to stomach in. :s13:

Anyway currently in the midst of getting quotation about the JBL speaker you mention as well as looking at Yamaha AG Mini Mixer to go with it.
PR-agseries-ag06.jpg

Since that speaker supports TRS jack/Balanced which I rather use
for those monitor/pro grade speakers.

See how will this setup cost me first than I consider.
Time to time I also doing video/voice recording so I will need a mixer
also. :)

Cheers.

thats good to hear. post ur hoots here if you got it... for me, i never do mixing but just enjoy good sound...

yes, crossover and sound sig will be different. this one i totally agree with what u say! :s13::D

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats good to hear. post ur hoots here if you got it... for me, i never do mixing but just enjoy good sound...

yes, crossover and sound sig will be different. this one i totally agree with what u say! :s13::D

Just hope don't break the bank nor my table. :s13:
Table is quite small.
Waiting for JBL and Yamaha distro to quote see how much
will it cost.
Cheers. :)

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just hope don't break the bank nor my table. :s13:
Table is quite small.
Waiting for JBL and Yamaha distro to quote see how much
will it cost.
Cheers. :)

hope everything works out for you bro

haha let me know what you getting after that :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.