[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! ! - Part 2

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
OMG! how is the sound? i wanted to buy that too!
how much is it

Sounds great. Sounds much bigger than its tiny size. Imaging is its forte, though soundstage and separation are very good too.

RRP is $1.9k now, this colour is no longer available, only regular glossy black is for sale. I got them used for a good price though, just 3 months old. I suspect they are not even fully burnt in.

Wa. Nice nice! Kef LS50??

Yep. One of the three limited ed colours.

Nice! I am also looking for a stereo system myself, can I know what other speakers you have compared with before you decide on the ls50?

I used to have a pair of cloned LS3/5A, those excel in vocals. The LS50 is much more versatile and genre friendly.

One word of advice. Though the LS50 is relatively affordable at $1.9k new, these babies really shine with good source and amp. I'm using the Lumin D1 as my source and also as digital pre to the Bel Canto Ref500S power amp, and I feel that a dedicated pre amp will definitely bring them to a next level.
They perform best with Class D Icepower amps. I tried them with my previous Ayon Class A tube & a friend's Cary power amp; both did not quite do the LS50 justice. So if you are interested in the LS50, be sure to try them with various amps if you can. YMMV greatly.

EDIT: Having said that, I personally feel that the LS50 is a no brainer at $1.9k, coz one will need to pay at least $3k minimum for other brands to get similar performance. That the LS50 is able to scale with electronics costing 10x its price tag and not sound out of place speaks volume about its value.

Last edited:

BlurRhino

Reaction score
I used to have a pair of cloned LS3/5A, those excel in vocals. The LS50 is much more versatile and genre friendly.

One word of advice. Though the LS50 is relatively affordable at $1.9k new, these babies really shine with good source and amp. I'm using the Lumin D1 as my source and also as digital pre to the Bel Canto Ref500S power amp, and I feel that a dedicated pre amp will definitely bring them to a next level.
They perform best with Class D Icepower amps. I tried them with my previous Ayon Class A tube & a friend's Cary power amp; both did not quite do the LS50 justice. So if you are interested in the LS50, be sure to try them with various amps if you can. YMMV greatly.

EDIT: Having said that, I personally feel that the LS50 is a no brainer at $1.9k, coz one will need to pay at least $3k minimum for other brands to get similar performance. That the LS50 is able to scale with electronics costing 10x its price tag and not sound out of place speaks volume about its value.

Thanks, so i guess LS50 is picky with what it is paired with? I interested with Naim amps but too bad Naim and KEF are by different distributor. Try the Focal Aria and don't like it, like the Sopra N1 but it will put a serious dent in my pocket. Signz.

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks, so i guess LS50 is picky with what it is paired with? I interested with Naim amps but too bad Naim and KEF are by different distributor. Try the Focal Aria and don't like it, like the Sopra N1 but it will put a serious dent in my pocket. Signz.

They are quite picky but once u get them right it can be magical. Heard a few users with the LS50/Naim combo and they love it too. The Sopra N1 is on another level, that's like at last 4 times the price of LS50.

btw is that the new wireless version?

Nope, just th regular passive version. The wireless version has 2 amps, dac, streamer & DSP built in for $3,399.

Noirkw

Reaction score
Nice! I am also looking for a stereo system myself, can I know what other speakers you have compared with before you decide on the ls50?

Very nice. Guizu rack ? I am sure the KEF sounds killer

Have yet to add standoffs for mine

v1R5sdi1NQAbxHeapQkb0l185znMFgArVdCf8qWwx0o

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Guizu rack ? I am sure the KEF sounds killer

Have yet to add standoffs for mine

v1R5sdi1NQAbxHeapQkb0l185znMFgArVdCf8qWwx0o

Yup, it's a Guizu. Relatively affordable but I thought it'd heavier than it look. I added the spikes to the rack & stands the other day. Very noticeable improvement straightaway.

I think it will be a very big challenge to find another speakers that can match or exceed the LS50 at its price tag. I'm very happy with mine. :D

BlurRhino

Reaction score
Yup, it's a Guizu. Relatively affordable but I thought it'd heavier than it look. I added the spikes to the rack & stands the other day. Very noticeable improvement straightaway.

I think it will be a very big challenge to find another speakers that can match or exceed the LS50 at its price tag. I'm very happy with mine. :D

Enjoy your system! hopefully i will find mine too! :D

3SG_NS_Wong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
k0fYUeL.jpg

itwLf1P.jpg

Turntable finally upgraded.

Technics 1210m5g with origin live silver arm, Hana SL mc cartridge with soundcare footers.

Gonna spend the rest of the afternoon spinnnnnnin.

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally got my MDR-1000x to replace my first gen MDR-1R

(overseas model about $500SGD).
Local model is less than $500

The black version is sold out at most places in Tokyo, SONY Store @ Ginza, Bic Camera etc.
SONY Store at Nagoya and Osaka have stocks

Got these from SONY building (its now an exhibition building showcasing Sony past products from every branches, concept products as well as lifespaces)
500 yen per try, limited to one per person

My limited audio setup...

Last edited:

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally got my MDR-1000x to replace my first gen MDR-1R

(overseas model about $500SGD).
Local model is less than $500

The black version is sold out at most places in Tokyo, SONY Store @ Ginza, Bic Camera etc.
SONY Store at Nagoya and Osaka have stocks

Got these from SONY building (its now an exhibition building showcasing Sony past products from every branches, concept products as well as lifespaces)
500 yen per try, limited to one per person

My limited audio setup...

nice leh..... i want... for sale?

shsh91

Reaction score
Sounds great. Sounds much bigger than its tiny size. Imaging is its forte, though soundstage and separation are very good too.

RRP is $1.9k now, this colour is no longer available, only regular glossy black is for sale. I got them used for a good price though, just 3 months old. I suspect they are not even fully burnt in.

Yep. One of the three limited ed colours.

Hi Guan,

any experience on Harbeth P3ESR vs LS50? I heard that LS50 is very picky with source/amp. I am currently using a Class A/B amp. Not sure if it will sound good on the LS50.

BR

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.