Do you have a horrible mother in law ( wife side)

duckie_15

Reaction score
Pretty sure there are more than a couple of divorce cases caused largely of MIL issues.

Then tell the in laws to stay healthy and long life so that they can accompany their children till end of their life journey.

Children no need re marry, coz with parents like them ... re marry how many times also same out come - DIVORCE

duckie_15

Reaction score
Oh ya, you reminded me about something recently. She really brought back some fu shui/holy water from the temple and asked my 5 months old son to drink. Of course i stopped her.

Wah this is super unacceptable. I sure fight with my life.

duckie_15

Reaction score
She is the type will burn Kim Zhua into water and let baby drink? Or use own saliva to cool down the porridge. You go to work, she will do a lot of stubborn things behind your back.

Nv ever let them take care of your kid. Nv know what superstitious thing they will do. Wait the kid got influence by them the siao liao

LHC987

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I kept reading this as

F Cup mother in law.

Mental image is....bad.

cwcyenk

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who say their MIL is good, do you stay together with your MIL?

As long as you don't stay together, all MIL is good, regardless of husband side or wife side.

But as soon as you stay together, all hell will break loose.

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

As long as you don't stay together, all MIL is good, regardless of husband side or wife side.

MIL who insists to do laundry via their own method or add extra salt/MSG to the cooking.

:(

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My smother-in-law came to visit, rearranged my furniture and things in fridge when I was out, open our bedroom door when she woke up before us in morning, etc. If it were you, you tulan or not?

Grimz79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Don't stay together but mil will come my place to help look after kid with my helper. It is true, it's when you have to interact with them everyday on a frequent basis and involves taking care of your kid, that all the little issues come into play.

Sometimes talk until make you feel like a bad parent when all it is is just different parenting style. Overprotecting your kid is a big cause of all the nonsense with youngsters nowadays!

Big Eyes!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I stay with MIL, I won't say good or bad, but it has its challenges. She's not a bad person after all, just differences in habits and expectations. My motto now is 忍一时风平浪静 :D

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I stay with MIL, I won't say good or bad, but it has its challenges. She's not a bad person after all, just differences in habits and expectations. My motto now is 忍一时风平浪静 :D

Is your wife the only child ?
If so, you dun really have a choice.
If you are the only son, you dun have a choice also.
The war over power and authority will always be there.

duckie_15

Reaction score
My smother-in-law came to visit, rearranged my furniture and things in fridge when I was out, open our bedroom door when she woke up before us in morning, etc. If it were you, you tulan or not?

Not tulan, but volcano explode!

shizuka_b

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mum looks after my kids, and she the type A, i-am-always-right-type. She will ngiam everything under the sun, but is genuinely concerned and cares for the kids. She also take note of my wife's food favourites and will cook stuff she likes.

But then again, we stayed together for 3.5 years and is suffocating at times. Last year moved out, so much better.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I will be pissed!
Lock up lor. Or get ur bor to tell her mum.
Best is to be in the act when she opens your door!

Big Eyes!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is your wife the only child ?
If so, you dun really have a choice.
If you are the only son, you dun have a choice also.
The war over power and authority will always be there.

I'm the female, my MIL is my husband's mom. :o My husband has (female) siblings but he feels it is the duty of the son to take care of the mother, hence the arrangement.

stompwarrior

Reaction score
Remember to keep your Cartier and Rolex boxes to give your MIL with Shenzhen imitations. The look of glee and delight on her face will be priceless. After all, it's the thought that counts.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.