EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
But what about those of us who don't use FEVO, and would like to continue to use the My EZ-Link Mobile app on Android.

FEVO is irrelevant for this case. You can use any Ezlink card (co-branded or stand-alone) to top up from any credit card (contactless option or without).

As for as app - I would not have too much hopes that it will be resolved. Look at what they've done with Activate website or their apps for other products. Heck, Top and Tap uses the same unsigned Java applet written for Java 1.5x version and all modern browsers will not work with top and tap.

vegavega25

Reaction score
FEVO is irrelevant for this case. You can use any Ezlink card (co-branded or stand-alone) to top up from any credit card (contactless option or without).

So then I misunderstood. Tell me again, which app are you using to top up the Ezlink card?

Alwaysb

Reaction score
Hi, can I ask. I have a few flash pay card. If I withdraw the money inside does it mean I can't use the card anymore in future?

fuschia

Reaction score
Hi, can I ask. I have a few flash pay card. If I withdraw the money inside does it mean I can't use the card anymore in future?
Yes, once you asked for refund, the card cannot be used anymore. Was told at the transitlink office when i refunded my card which is expiring soon.

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I withdraw the money inside does it mean I can't use the card anymore in future?
So another option is to spend down the card balance. For example, let's suppose you have a $16.38 balance left on your card. Try to buy something you would normally buy that costs more than the remaining balance, and ask the merchant if you can charge exactly $16.38 on the card and pay the rest in cash. If the merchant doesn't cooperate, buy something you would normally buy that is priced by weight. Bananas work pretty well, as an example. Then just buy enough bananas to consume all or nearly all of the remaining balance. If you then have 3 cents left on the card (because you couldn't find the exact rounding banana), don't worry about it.

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So another option is to spend down the card balance. For example, let's suppose you have a $16.38 balance left on your card. Try to buy something you would normally buy that costs more than the remaining balance, and ask the merchant if you can charge exactly $16.38 on the card and pay the rest in cash. If the merchant doesn't cooperate, buy something you would normally buy that is priced by weight. Bananas work pretty well, as an example. Then just buy enough bananas to consume all or nearly all of the remaining balance. If you then have 3 cents left on the card (because you couldn't find the exact rounding banana), don't worry about it.
just pay telco bills via their respective website payment portal

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
So then I misunderstood. Tell me again, which app are you using to top up the Ezlink card?

When I said that I was referring to GTM at MRT stations - top up Ezlink card using any credit card.

Android Ezlink topup app does not work for me any more.

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just pay telco bills via their respective website payment portal
I don't think that works since we're talking about zeroing out NETS FlashPay cards. However, I think SP Services might accept NETS FlashPay at their own service counters and possibly also at 7-Eleven stores and post offices. If that's correct, they would let you pay any precise amount you wish to drain the remaining balance from your NETS FlashPay card. That'd work well. You still have to pay the rest of your bill, of course.

Make sure you shut off Automatic Top Up (ATU) on those NETS FlashPay cards before you try to drain them. ;)

Upon reflection, if you find a shop or supermarket that sells bulk foods by weight -- there are such shops in Singapore -- then you can buy precisely the right amount of bulk food to equal any specific monetary amount. That'll work better than bananas at Giant. Bulk rice would work really well, but even bulk peanuts or coffee beans should get the job done. Tell the shopkeeper you want precisely $8.32 worth of rice (or whatever the amount), or weigh it yourself if allowed, and there you go.

If the Post Office accepts NETS FlashPay, how about buying some postage stamps? You can definitely buy postage stamps in 30 cent increments (20 gram local letter rate), but I think the Post Office will sell you smaller denomination stamps, too. So you should be able to get a very precise amount this way. Then just hang onto the stamps until you want to mail a letter. If you only have 15 cents worth of stamps left, and need to mail a 30 cent letter, then just stop by the Post Office again to buy "top up" postage.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
correct me if i m wrong, thot NFP ATU only triggered on public transport, car parks & ERP ? (ie not at retail points)

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
correct me if i m wrong, thot NFP ATU only triggered on public transport, car parks & ERP ? (ie not at retail points)

Yes. The latest posts above is about depleting amounts in NFP cards, not really related to NFP ATU.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. The latest posts above is about depleting amounts in NFP cards, not really related to NFP ATU.

my comment was made in response to BBC's warning to turn off NFP ATU when depleting NFP at SP, Post or 7-11 - so there's no need to.

Reaction score
lol, there is no way to turn off NFP ATU anyway.

there's no need to turn off ATU anyway it won't reload in merchants beeper.
there's a way to delink the ATU at those flashpay topup kiosk though just delink it and use GTM to topup use lor more convenient.

angtc11

Reaction score
Hi, may I know which cards are good for NFP ATU?
Do the DBS cards still give points for NFP ATU? There was some confusion earlier when they changed the T&C in June period

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's correct, but it's all too easy to use the "wrong" card. That's my point. It's still best to shut off any Automatic Top Up on a card you're trying to drain.

kokitty

Reaction score
Do the DBS cards still give points for NFP ATU? There was some confusion earlier when they changed the T&C in June period

Has DBS cards ever given good rewards points for NFP ATU? all the while i think folks here have been using other cards for ATU... but now is a mook point cos mostly reduced or panned rewards already...

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BOC family card. The first 4 ATU earns you 5% rebate, provided you meet the minimum spending (CC). Moreover it earns the BOC Smart Saver $500 credit card spend if you meet the minimum spending (smartSaver). :D

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i have the legacy BOC family CC (orange colour). I intend to ATU flash pay card with this CC.

What is the fee incurred if it ATU? Free of ? Please advise.

I wanna find out what is the cheapest way to ATU to this CC? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.