NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

fire4god

Reaction score
Hi NickJay,

Check out this link: www . moe . gov . sg/careers/teach/trained-teachers-foreign-degree

The link should help answer some questions.

If I'm not mistaken, with regard to interviews, MOE does conduct Skype interviews. Or at least they did when a couple of my friends (one of them British and the other Canadian) applied 5 years ago.

Hope this helps.

positivevibesonly

Reaction score
Keep your heads up!

Hi guys,

Just a heads up here, I'm from the Jul 2016 interview batch, rcd my shortlisted email in Aug 2016. I waited for close to 5 months before receiving my medical check up email from vital on 12 Jan 2017.

All I wanna say is, for those who rcd the shortlisted email, I know the waiting game is tormenting but please keep the faith and hold on. Judging from past forumers's experience, it is eventual that you will receive the offer, just that the waiting time really varies upon each individual.

For my case, I just completed my bachelor in Dec 2016, so I think I'm considered lucky to receive the medical email about 2 weeks later upon my results's release. Nonetheless, it was stated in the medical email that my application is still under consideration, so I guess nothing's ever confirmed till I sign on the papers.

But in any case, just stay positive and may good news come along soon!:s12::s12::s12:

Xiuje87

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a heads up here, I'm from the Jul 2016 interview batch, rcd my shortlisted email in Aug 2016. I waited for close to 5 months before receiving my medical check up email from vital on 12 Jan 2017.

All I wanna say is, for those who rcd the shortlisted email, I know the waiting game is tormenting but please keep the faith and hold on. Judging from past forumers's experience, it is eventual that you will receive the offer, just that the waiting time really varies upon each individual.

For my case, I just completed my bachelor in Dec 2016, so I think I'm considered lucky to receive the medical email about 2 weeks later upon my results's release. Nonetheless, it was stated in the medical email that my application is still under consideration, so I guess nothing's ever confirmed till I sign on the papers.

But in any case, just stay positive and may good news come along soon!:s12::s12::s12:

Hey, congratulations, and may I know when is your start date? :)

Totoro2907

Reaction score
Hi! I have received the medical checkup notice and did it on the last week of December. Would like to ask if anyone knows when the acceptance letter may roughly arrive? I actually emailed HR to ask about my estimated starting date and and they told me that my earliest starting date would be mid-June this year.

Totoro2907

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hi! After you received the medical notice, how long did it take before you receive your acceptance letter?

JnrOffcr

Reaction score
Wow... 5 months... That is a super long wait.

I went for medical already, but still waiting siah... and i'm dying after 2 weeks...

This is my timeline:
11 Nov – interview
28 Nov – email pleased to inform and request for documents
20 Dec – email for medical by 30th Dec 2016
13 Jan – still waiting

They said tentative start date for successful officers is 23 Dec 2016. Long long time ago liao.

Wonder if anyone has any idea when the next batch start date would be?

positivevibesonly

Reaction score
Wow... 5 months... That is a super long wait.

I went for medical already, but still waiting siah... and i'm dying after 2 weeks...

This is my timeline:
11 Nov – interview
28 Nov – email pleased to inform and request for documents
20 Dec – email for medical by 30th Dec 2016
13 Jan – still waiting

They said tentative start date for successful officers is 23 Dec 2016. Long long time ago liao.

Wonder if anyone has any idea when the next batch start date would be?

Exactly! But partly due to the fact that I applied during my last semester, which explained the long wait.

shadedpages

Reaction score
Hi! I have received the medical checkup notice and did it on the last week of December. Would like to ask if anyone knows when the acceptance letter may roughly arrive? I actually emailed HR to ask about my estimated starting date and and they told me that my earliest starting date would be mid-June this year.

hey totoro2907,

mid-june is really quite late - that's like 6 months away. what subject are u shortlisted for?

Xiuje87

Reaction score
Are there any musicians interviewed in August still waiting for medical/acceptance after being shortlisted for employment?

jankoon1003

Reaction score
Hi. Anyone interviewed in November still waiting and haven't gotten any replies yet? Not even rejection/shortlisted emails?

juggernaut7

Reaction score
Hi. Anyone interviewed in November still waiting and haven't gotten any replies yet? Not even rejection/shortlisted emails?
Hi jankoon,
I went for interview on 01 Nov 2016 & on 02 Dec 2016 they email me saying shortlisted for GEO & application still being finalized pending outsanding docs (which I've submitted during e interview). To-date still no news from them.
I'm a mid-career - PGDE mother tongue (Sec).

Chosam

Reaction score
June? Dec??

After a lot of pestering I got an email reply saying that my application will only be considered for June or Dec 2017. I interviewed in Nov. The wait is really bad...

positivevibesonly

Reaction score
After a lot of pestering I got an email reply saying that my application will only be considered for June or Dec 2017. I interviewed in Nov. The wait is really bad...

Hi Chosam,

Could you describe your experience? As in were you shortlisted for GEO? And what subject were you assigned?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.