Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about SG server speed because it's only under the pro plan. Maybe subscribe to test, if lousy then apply for refund (within 3 days)?

Btw, save you some money here ;):
https://dealfuel.com/seller/windscribe-lifetime-service/
Enter promo code XMASDF25 to make it $29.25 (lifetime!)

The question is whether this provider will last a lifetime?

But $30 is worth the risk. Hopefully can last at least 1 year.

astrorion

Reaction score
My VPN is almost expire, any recommendation? Previous was on ASTRILL but not renewing as it getting expensive so want to jump ship. Heard HMA is good, pureVPN is good. So which is better?

stiwipl

Reaction score
My VPN is almost expire, any recommendation? Previous was on ASTRILL but not renewing as it getting expensive so want to jump ship. Heard HMA is good, pureVPN is good. So which is better?

Depending on the purpose. Try VPN.ac they have 2 days trial. I wrote about it here. For me nothing come close to Astrill in terms of great (desktop) apps and speeds, well, maybe VyprVPN is getting close, but somehow I was not happy with them.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score

PIA.

they have shown not to keep logs

that is the no1 for a vpn

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
using windscribe to watch shows on crunchyroll and some overseas shows on youtube, speed is okok, anyway if u are looking for lifetime subscription can check out stacksocial.com their deals are not too bad

astrorion

Reaction score
Depending on the purpose. Try VPN.ac they have 2 days trial. I wrote about it here. For me nothing come close to Astrill in terms of great (desktop) apps and speeds, well, maybe VyprVPN is getting close, but somehow I was not happy with them.

Thanks for the share, Me been using ASTRILL for almost 5yr until recently i check the prices. It was quite Ex as compare to others VPN.

I will not choose VyprVPN, as it not up to expected. :s13:

Thanks at least I can try VPN.ac as another alternative.

I mainly watch US drama so a no throttling of speed will be prefer. Watch China show and music using Kugou. Torrent...of course. Gaming e.g. Diablo.

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the share, Me been using ASTRILL for almost 5yr until recently i check the prices. It was quite Ex as compare to others VPN.

I am comfortable with Astrill and I think I will just stick with them. I think Astrill will eventually reduce their price if more subscribers jump ship to other cheap providers.

oric1

Reaction score
I am comfortable with Astrill and I think I will just stick with them. I think Astrill will eventually reduce their price if more subscribers jump ship to other cheap providers.

Me too, been with them for 4 years already. Their speed is good.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me too, been with them for 4 years already. Their speed is good.

Same here. I've tried a few others, all fell short compared to Astrill. I know I'm paying more for Astrill, but I'd rather cut my spending on other things than having the frustration I experienced with other vpn providers.

astrorion

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I believe I will continue renew ASTRILL, Speed is good. Services is good too. Especially, those who like me more on China website and music.

MrMundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Windscribe is cool, has 10 GB free monthly which fits my needs.

there was a promo that gave 50gb free forever, just need to enter 50GBFREE at the code page, go to my account in the website and find

not sure if its still valid though

stiwipl

Reaction score
HMA has 7 day trial here , you need to enter cc but won't be charged if you cancel within 7 days. I was always curious how well they with their virtual servers (connecting to one location e.g. Singapore but appearing as in US). Will give them a try.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HMA has 7 day trial here , you need to enter cc but won't be charged if you cancel within 7 days. I was always curious how well they with their virtual servers (connecting to one location e.g. Singapore but appearing as in US). Will give them a try.

I've tried HMA before. It's a huge disappointment in terms of speed among a few others I tried. The download speed is unstable, swinging from fast to slow. It's about 2 years ago I last tested HMA. Maybe they've improved. No harm trying, but don't buy before you try others.

stiwipl

Reaction score
I've tried HMA before. It's a huge disappointment in terms of speed among a few others I tried. The download speed is unstable, swinging from fast to slow. It's about 2 years ago I last tested HMA. Maybe they've improved. No harm trying, but don't buy before you try others.

Yes it is always better to try if possible. And for those who decide eventually it is better to go through Stacksocial as they have 2 year HMA VPN deal for $54.99.

stiwipl

Reaction score
If got money to spare go for astrill. Into my 5th year with them.

True, nothing beats them despite the pricing... But then again, depending on the purpose Astrill may be overkill to someone's needs and there are indeed cheaper alternatives available.

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would stay far far away from HMA. They gave up users details to law enforcement some years back.

xuan87

Reaction score
Anyone can compare Astrill to ExpressVPN in terms of speed for US based servers? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.