Recruit Express feedback? I need help!

reverence

Reaction score
Hello people, i'm wondering if anyone of you find jobs via Recruit Express in Jurong East before? How is their payment for salary like?

I submitted my timesheet today and asked about the earliest date i can get my pay. The agent told me the fastest is 8 Jan 2014 . So long? Take 2 weeks ++?! And the agent even asked why didn't i go for the half an hour lunchbreak everyday. But the fact is my working hour is 5 hours, i don't need a half an hour lunch break everyday, just maybe a few times. It's ridiculous to cut half an hour of my pay daily. Their pay rates are so low. I'm never going back to Recruit Express for jobs.

My conclusion and main concern is when will i get my pay? They said they are paying via GIRO.

How long does they normally take to pay you your salary? I'm curious, can you all share with me?

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe let me solve your burning query.

Firstly, there is a specific date that Recruit express will process your pay and make the payment to you. You posted this on 23rd December, and you expect them to pay you immediately?

Even if you work as a permanent staff, the finance department will only process payment ONCE A MONTH or only on specific dates stated by the company policy.

AND FOR YOUR INFO, SMALL BOY BOY. It is a rule regulated by MOM. You know what is MOM?? - its called MINISTRY OF MANPOWER.

It is a guideline by MOM as stated:

An employee is generally not required to work more than six consecutive hours without a break. However, if the nature of work is such that it must be carried on continuously, an employee may be required to work eight hours continuously. In such an instance, a break or breaks must be given so that the employee can have his/her meal(s).

The duration of the break(s) should be no less than 45 minutes.

Source: Hours of Work & Time - Ministry of Manpower

Just because you DON'T NEED YOUR BREAK for the additional 0.5 hour pay daily, you can get the hiring company and recruit express into trouble.

You are most likely a person who says lunch break is not necessary and turn around complaining you are deprived of your entitlement.

I have worked part time under recruit express and they HAVE SPECIFICALLY told me when is the pay day. So I don't see what are you whining about.

Next, going by what you say, you are doing part time work most probably. So how much are you looking out for? $10 an hour? Going by simple calculation, $7 is even considered overpaid to you cause only know how to whine instead of finding out from the recruit express agent.

Furthermore, you are only a guy who haven't even started your poly course, and you are acting as if you should be paid more then a PhD holder?
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/d...-67/please-guide-me-poly-courses-4511975.html

I wonder before you even posted this, have you even think through.

Last edited:

reverence

Reaction score
Maybe let me solve your burning query.

Firstly, there is a specific date that Recruit express will process your pay and make the payment to you. You posted this on 23rd December, and you expect them to pay you immediately?

Even if you work as a permanent staff, the finance department will only process payment ONCE A MONTH or only on specific dates stated by the company policy.

AND FOR YOUR INFO, SMALL BOY BOY. It is a rule regulated by MOM. You know what is MOM?? - its called MINISTRY OF MANPOWER.

It is a guideline by MOM as stated:

Just because you DON'T NEED YOUR BREAK for the additional 0.5 hour pay daily, you can get the hiring company and recruit express into trouble.

You are most likely a person who says lunch break is not necessary and turn around complaining you are deprived of your entitlement.

I have worked part time under recruit express and they HAVE SPECIFICALLY told me when is the pay day. So I don't see what are you whining about.

Next, going by what you say, you are doing part time work most probably. So how much are you looking out for? $10 an hour? Going by simple calculation, $7 is even considered overpaid to you cause only know how to whine instead of finding out from the recruit express agent.

Furthermore, you are only a guy who haven't even started your poly course, and you are acting as if you should be paid more then a PhD holder?

I wonder before you even posted this, have you even think through.

FYI, I am a girl. :) I saw so many poor feedbacks about recruit express that is why i want to ask. I have worked in another agency located in Tanjong Pagar before and it takes 4 days to issue me a cheque. So i thought agencies take similar days to pay.

SO, if you didn't get my question right, i repeat again, my question is how long does recruit express take to pay usually? I emphasized again for you just in case you don't get my question probably cause you don't bother to read. Probably you are busy finding out other posts i have so you can shoot me with my higher nitec? Yeah i am from ITE so what? I am from express, i failed my math that's why i couldnt get into good courses in poly that's why i chose to go into ITE. And i don't think that post got anything to do with my current post.

Btw, I am paid lesser than $7/hr. I only work 5 hours and i don't think i need a break. And please, i didn't once complain to anybody about my company not giving any breaks. If you are here to assume and not helping me to answer my question, please don't even bother saying unnecessary things like calling me SMALL BOY BOY when i'm actually a girl, or things like me whining about the pay date. I didn't whine, did you hear or see me whine? And i don't think you need to dig up my other post to use it as "certification" and assume how much i get paid.

Lastly, i wonder before you reply to my post, did you even think through?

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI, I am a girl. :) I saw so many poor feedbacks about recruit express that is why i want to ask. I have worked in another agency located in Tanjong Pagar before and it takes 4 days to issue me a cheque. So i thought agencies take similar days to pay.

SO, if you didn't get my question right, i repeat again, my question is how long does recruit express take to pay usually? I emphasized again for you just in case you don't get my question probably cause you don't bother to read. Probably you are busy finding out other posts i have so you can shoot me with my higher nitec? Yeah i am from ITE so what? I am from express, i failed my math that's why i couldnt get into good courses in poly that's why i chose to go into ITE. And i don't think that post got anything to do with my current post.

Btw, I am paid lesser than $7/hr. I only work 5 hours and i don't think i need a break. And please, i didn't once complain to anybody about my company not giving any breaks. If you are here to assume and not helping me to answer my question, please don't even bother saying unnecessary things like calling me SMALL BOY BOY when i'm actually a girl, or things like me whining about the pay date. I didn't whine, did you hear or see me whine? And i don't think you need to dig up my other post to use it as "certification" and assume how much i get paid.

Lastly, i wonder before you reply to my post, did you even think through?

Number 1, it's recruit express policy to payout on a certain date. So why can't you find out from your agent who introduced you the part time job? I am sure, before taking up the job, he would have briefed you, otherwise why can't you call him up and ask? It's also clearly stated on the contract itself.

Number 2, the duration of the meal break would or would have not been stated on the contract. If it is not, why don't you asked your agent. FYI, the meal break is determined by the hiring company, so can't you clarify with them. Just because you do not want the meal break, doesn't mean the company's hiring policy with change because of 1 temp staff.

When recruit express get you to sign the contract, they would have briefed you and tell you the pay per hour/monthly, working hours, reporting person.

Next by stating you are an ITE, does not mean that I am laughing at you for being an ITE graduate. I am just telling you that you are paid as deserved.

I graduated from poly and worked contract jobs from recruit express, I am paid $6-$6.50 an hour. So with your qualification, you are paid less then $7. I don't see anything wrong with that. With an ITE certification, getting a full time job will only pay you $1300-$1500, so just a temp job, you want to exceed that?

Anyway it's your opinion whether you think recruit express is good or not. If you are unhappy, you can always leave the job or even best, not accepting it in the first place.

Last edited:

reverence

Reaction score
Seems like you are under estimating ite students, sorry, my senior graduated with my course right now and her basic pay is 1.9k, far exceeding your stated pay. :)

And secondly, the agent did not inform me about breaks, but they told me I will get my pay by end of dec but ended up telling me it's 8 jan. Thirdly, my company it's okay as long as I take 5-10 mins break.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What course and what industry is it in? My stated pay is for general roles...Not those with technical skills.

Anyway, if your agent says change to 8 Jan, which initially was end of Dec, why not ask your agent why? I will ask my agent very clearly on such matters and the reasons.

I can only tell you that Recruit express have different branches and may have different pay day. If you need to clarify, always have to go back to your agent.

If your company is okay with 5-10minutes break, that's verbal agreement and it's not binded by black and white.

Your hiring company will still pay Recruit Express the money and they then in turn pay you after they have calculated. So if Recruit express do not recognised that the company wishes to give the 5-10 minutes, IMO there is nothing much you can do as it is up to recruit express decision.

FYI, e.g. I put 7.25 hours per day of working hours, my hiring company signed and endorsed it, but recruit express recognised as 7 hours, and they mentioned to me this is their calculation methodology.

Other then saying yes and not accepting their future hourly paid job, there is nothing else you can do. Their contract job although is still not too bad as the pays comes on time as stipulated and the monthly salary is as promised and there is no way they can use their own calculation.

reverence

Reaction score
Business studies (Svm) call centre industry. Basic range from 1.8 for most companies.

What course and what industry is it in? My stated pay is for general roles...Not those with technical skills.

Anyway, if your agent says change to 8 Jan, which initially was end of Dec, why not ask your agent why? I will ask my agent very clearly on such matters and the reasons.

I can only tell you that Recruit express have different branches and may have different pay day. If you need to clarify, always have to go back to your agent.

If your company is okay with 5-10minutes break, that's verbal agreement and it's not binded by black and white.

Your hiring company will still pay Recruit Express the money and they then in turn pay you after they have calculated. So if Recruit express do not recognised that the company wishes to give the 5-10 minutes, IMO there is nothing much you can do as it is up to recruit express decision.

FYI, e.g. I put 7.25 hours per day of working hours, my hiring company signed and endorsed it, but recruit express recognised as 7 hours, and they mentioned to me this is their calculation methodology.

Other then saying yes and not accepting their future hourly paid job, there is nothing else you can do. Their contract job although is still not too bad as the pays comes on time as stipulated and the monthly salary is as promised and there is no way they can use their own calculation.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their pay rates are always slow, mostly i see is around $6 to $6.50, which is very less, some other agents in Tanjong Pagar can manage around $7 to $8.

I guess is their company is big has so many outlets.

Happygirlzz

Reaction score
Hello people, i'm wondering if anyone of you find jobs via Recruit Express in Jurong East before? How is their payment for salary like?

I submitted my timesheet today and asked about the earliest date i can get my pay. The agent told me the fastest is 8 Jan 2014 . So long? Take 2 weeks ++?! And the agent even asked why didn't i go for the half an hour lunchbreak everyday. But the fact is my working hour is 5 hours, i don't need a half an hour lunch break everyday, just maybe a few times. It's ridiculous to cut half an hour of my pay daily. Their pay rates are so low. I'm never going back to Recruit Express for jobs.

My conclusion and main concern is when will i get my pay? They said they are paying via GIRO.

How long does they normally take to pay you your salary? I'm curious, can you all share with me?

recruit express feedback//got people try not?

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
Recuit express jin **..always ask pple to sign 3 month contract with them after job offer by company..

feigningfancy

Master Member
Reaction score
i last time do part time go tru them one leh for about 1 year. no issues tho. only thing need to fill up some time sheet then go down to jurong to submit

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recruit express very good! Last time they credited my 3k part time salary wrongly, after emailing them, got my pay the next day.

KillZit

Reaction score
How do i submit my timesheet? I was asked to submit it at cpf tampines building #08-08, is there like a mailbox or should i go up to #08-08? Also what if i submit my timesheet late?

KillZit

Reaction score
i last time do part time go tru them one leh for about 1 year. no issues tho. only thing need to fill up some time sheet then go down to jurong to submit

How do i submit my timesheet? I was asked to submit it at cpf tampines building #08-08, is there like a mailbox or should i go up to #08-08? Also what if i submit my timesheet late?

在樷林里䒙起耒

Reaction score
I went to their orchard branch in 2014, they said there were no suitable jobs at the moment and we will be contacted in priority when a suitable one came...and I never heard from them ever again.

iwestie69

Reaction score
Recruitexpress is the worse agency.. I only worked for 2 days and I quit the job. Hell, i dont even care about the penalty, screw them

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.