Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
Getting one or two compressors will depend on your usage habits.
Some get 2 compressors due to they use all or most of the blowers unit at the same timing thus need both compressors to work to produce sufficient btu to power all.

What's the recommendation for a 5-room flat? Sys 5 or 2+3, or just sys 4 will do?

Setup 1

sys3:
2 common room - 9k btu
living room - 12k btu
sys2
MBR - 12k btu
dining room - 9k btu

Setup 2

Sys5
common room - 9k btu
MBR - 9k btu
Living Room - 12k btu
dining room - 9k btu

Setup 3

Sys4
common room - 9k btu
MBR - 9k btu
living room - 12k btu

Or any other suggestions?
Technically, is it looking the btu of the compressor will tell me how many unit I can switch on simultaneously by adding each unit's btu?

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
XE0niBI.jpg

With this open kitchen concept layout, how would u guys suggest I place the FCU?

Planning for a system 4. Any recommendations?

theREALtalent

Reaction score
Mitsubishi or Daikin

Any comments for daikin's ftks35dvm or mitsubishi's msyge13va ? I am deciding on one.

So far, technicians tell me that it's easier to service mitsubishi than daikin whereas salespersons recommend daikin.

Thanks in advance.

perspex

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I relocated two units of aircon from Paya Lebar to Toa Payoh in Dec 2016. The company that I engaged for the relocation also helped me with a chemical wash, etc. For 3 weeks, I switched on one unit of aircon on Fri, Sat and Sun. But over the weekend, I feel that both aircons, which share the same condenser, are significantly less cold. The wind is still blowing, but even at 18 degrees, the air is only slightly cold.

Can anyone help me here pls? Thank you!

empirestrike

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I relocated two units of aircon from Paya Lebar to Toa Payoh in Dec 2016. The company that I engaged for the relocation also helped me with a chemical wash, etc. For 3 weeks, I switched on one unit of aircon on Fri, Sat and Sun. But over the weekend, I feel that both aircons, which share the same condenser, are significantly less cold. The wind is still blowing, but even at 18 degrees, the air is only slightly cold.

Can anyone help me here pls? Thank you!

gas leaking oreli...:eek::eek:

empirestrike

Reaction score
Any comments for daikin's ftks35dvm or mitsubishi's msyge13va ? I am deciding on one.

So far, technicians tell me that it's easier to service mitsubishi than daikin whereas salespersons recommend daikin.

Thanks in advance.

reliable = daikin
servicing = mitsubishi or panasonic
spare part = daikin
warranty repair = daikin

hope it can help.... =:p=:p=:p

empirestrike

Reaction score
Is there any compelling reason why toshiba isn't talked abt in here?

I've noticed that though the label shows 4 ticks only but kwh value is lower then mitsubishi 5 ticks. Why is this so?

And personally, I've experienced toshiba system that lasted 10 years without any issue.

Hope someone can enlighten me

buy aircond = yr luck
the best brand now are Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric and panasonic...

Toshiba oso very good...

all unit will hv their own problem... if yr luck good the unit can last for very long period... if not few month give u problem... :s13::s13::s13:

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using daikin can recommend a good shop? Will need to firm up my installer in the next 2 weeks

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any repair shop to recommend for the repair of my Toshiba compressor?

the model is ras-3m20uax5. a very old system 3 model.

it has 2 fans. the first 1 that powered masterbed room died initially, and the 2nd 1 died yesterday.

unwilling to get a new 1 as it's meant for my tenants.

hope to get it repair.

terumo

Reaction score
Both brands quality are quite the same.

Thanks in advance.

canopus88

Reaction score
We need the quotation for the following:
A. For living and dining area use System 2. Compressor model is MXY-2G20VA. Fan coil units (2 units) is MSX-FJ10VE

B. For the three bedrooms use System 3. Compressor model is MXY-3G28VA. Fan coil units for master room (MSX-FJ13VE) and two common rooms is MSX-FJ10VE

C. Materials use
Installation with 0.5 inch CLASS "0" ARMAFLEX Insulation (Top grade pipe insulator)
Installation with Grade SWG 22 (0.71mm) copper piping (Thick wall copper pipes)
Installation with uPVC 16mm drainage pipe

D. Dismantle & dispose old air-con system

E. How long is the workmanship installation warranty

F. Any free air con servicing

ksdh10

Reaction score
Looking for replacement sys 3 aircon

Hi all,

Looking for a replacement system 3 aircon for the bedrooms. I would only need to replace the conpressor and fan coils (re-using existing piping). From reading the thread, it looks like ME and Daikin are the ones to go for. Since my living room is already a ME, I have decided to go for another ME.

Looking at the MXY-3G28VA/3xMSXY-FJ10VE, but here are some of my questions:
1. Any thing to look out for when the installer is replacing the fancoils and compressor? They should be able to use back the existing piping right?
2. What would be price difference between just installing compressor/fancoils vs installing with new piping? Couple of hundred?
3. Does not make sense to go for the 2 ticks model (MXY-3A28VA / 3xMSY-GE10VA) right?
4. Any recommended installer since this is just a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

terumo

Reaction score
1. Can use back if your existing pipes are in good conditions.
2. Need check with your installer for a quote.
3. 2 ticks is good if your usage is lower.
4. Can check out this thread recommendations.

Hi all,

Looking for a replacement system 3 aircon for the bedrooms. I would only need to replace the conpressor and fan coils (re-using existing piping). From reading the thread, it looks like ME and Daikin are the ones to go for. Since my living room is already a ME, I have decided to go for another ME.

Looking at the MXY-3G28VA/3xMSXY-FJ10VE, but here are some of my questions:
1. Any thing to look out for when the installer is replacing the fancoils and compressor? They should be able to use back the existing piping right?
2. What would be price difference between just installing compressor/fancoils vs installing with new piping? Couple of hundred?
3. Does not make sense to go for the 2 ticks model (MXY-3A28VA / 3xMSY-GE10VA) right?
4. Any recommended installer since this is just a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Reaction score
My sister bought a 4 room resale flat. . I am looking for Aircon for 2 rooms. The unit is quite Windy and all the rooms have KDK DC ceiling fan.

Before moving in better to install Air-con so when temperature is hot she can turn on.

1) What brand of air-con preferred?
2) I have visited Air-con store in JP, opposite to NTUC, sales man said 5 Tick is not required. t tick is only for office? What is your suggestion?
3) I saw gain city advertisement, 5 years warranty for workmanship and Basic warranty of 5 years. Additional S$200+ pay to get full 5 Years warranty. Do I need additional payment and 5 Years warranty?
4) Any suggestion? where can I buy?
5) Since the it is old unit, need to install Bracket and electric point. Someone suggested get it done electrical point by another contractor because gain city etc charge additional. any suggestion?

Thanks

terumo

Reaction score
Hi,

1) Stormed & Daikin are the popular ones now.
2) 5 ticks is suitable for people with high usage. More then 8 hours daily for 2/3/4 rooms.
3) Read the terms & conditions carefully first before buying the extended warranty.
4) Check this thread.
5) Electrician to install a 15/20amp power supply point will cost usually $200-$300.

My sister bought a 4 room resale flat. . I am looking for Aircon for 2 rooms. The unit is quite Windy and all the rooms have KDK DC ceiling fan.

Before moving in better to install Air-con so when temperature is hot she can turn on.

2) I have visited Air-con store in JP, opposite to NTUC, sales man said 5 Tick is not required. t tick is only for office? What is your suggestion?
3) I saw gain city advertisement, 5 years warranty for workmanship and Basic warranty of 5 years. Additional S$200+ pay to get full 5 Years warranty. Do I need additional payment and 5 Years warranty?
5) Since the it is old unit, need to install Bracket and electric point. Someone suggested get it done electrical point by another contractor because gain city etc charge additional. any suggestion?

Thanks

benoit_nly

Reaction score

Thanks

For technical questions, best not to ask sales people from retail shops. likely to come up with poor or unreliable suggestions.

I have personally tried a local company (www.newway.sg) and also recommended to many friends and relatives. So far almost everyone went ahead for either maintenance or installation. Ring them up if you have questions regarding your installation. I m sure they will be good help.

My cousin recently got a resale condo and have engaged them as well. They installed the new Daikin 5 ticks. Everything look pretty when I went over for their house warming / cny gathering last weekend. As usual, their workmanship really no horse run.

frankly speaking, prices are not going to vary too much if you are going for a reliable and established company for your new aircon. my experience tells me workmanship will be the foremost consideration.

good luck for your new installation ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.