Do u feel Pri 1 kids need tuition?

CloudJames

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think lower primary don't need tuition. They could use the time to learn something else to find their interest.

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kindergarten should start tuition.

when K2, teach pri 1 stuff. pri 1 teach pri 2 stuff and so on.

so the kid is always ahead of everyone.

expose them to pressure when young like the good old days so they will grow up knowing life aint easy and be able to overcome most obstacles in life.

i cant imagine how the kids of strawberry generation will be like given the sense of self entitlement and pampering they have received.

WarCloud7

Master Member
Reaction score
Kindergarten already too late liao!!!

Should start while baby is still in the womb; let him/her hear recorded tutorials on how to build a multi-kinetic neutronic mine, gene-engineer the T-virus, cast Avada Kedavra, etc.... :s8:

CloudJames

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not at all. But parental involvement during these key learning years is important. Reading with the kids, lots of play and activities.

This^ Most sensible comment that I have also failed to mention.

Bonding with kids at a young age is very important. Rather than going for tuition.

LemonTeaJuice

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kindergarten already too late liao!!!

Should start while baby is still in the womb; let him/her hear recorded tutorials on how to build a multi-kinetic neutronic mine, gene-engineer the T-virus, cast Avada Kedavra, etc.... :s8:

This... !! some couples are actually doing that. Shocked when I saw this

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People started at 2-3 years old. You late until dunno what to say. :(

iammole

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends... Some primary 1 kids enter p1 without enough preparation.

Have seen p1 students will can't read a simple book. Can't do simple 1 digit math. School will have special program to pull out these weak students to coach separately, but after school is the important part, how to cement the teachings.

innerlight10

Reaction score
Can they count? Can they do their ABCs? Can they tell time? Can they form complete sentences?

If they can , give them a break...they have 16 years of study hell (assuming normal school career path up to uni) ahead of them.

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh, nowadays the requirements are so high. They expect the kids to know how to read, write & count before P1.

My K2 kid still got problem reading. So bo bian have to send for enrichment classes (english and chinese).

Sent from From Home using GAGT

MegatonNev

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought it wasn't needed until my child just went to primary school... every week get spelling and 听写, need to buy extra textbooks to prepare for his classes as he's expected to know how to read all the words, maths already beyond addition....

and it's only just his first month in school.... wtf...........

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.