TV repair discussion thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapewall

Reaction score
Ever since the last LG TV (more expensive model) I bought last time round that spoilt 40 days after the 3yrs warranty expired, I lose faith in the so-called branded TVs liao.

Warraty expired, so LLST. But heng, managed to sell the spoilt TV for $100 on Carousell.

Then I bought :

1. SkyWorth 42" LED IPS hard panel TV for about $428 (Mar 2015)
In bedroom, watched about average 1-2hrs/day.

2. Xiaomi Mi TV 2 55" 4K IPS TV for about $1.4K+ (Aug 2015)
In the hall, watched about average 4-5hrs/day.

The usage of the Xiaomi Mi TV 2 is about double of the SkyWorth TV.

So if the Mi TV 2 last >3yrs and Skyworth last >6yrs, I will no longer pay more for the so-called branded liao.

Shortly after i bought this Toshiba TV, xiaomi started to produce TVs. I always wanted to buy a xiaomi tv or LETV. I've used both brands of phones and quite happy with the user experience.
Btw, you used ezbuy to ship in the xiaomi tv?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shortly after i bought this Toshiba TV, xiaomi started to produce TVs. I always wanted to buy a xiaomi tv or LETV. I've used both brands of phones and quite happy with the user experience.
Btw, you used ezbuy to ship in the xiaomi tv?

No. If you want to make claim against Ezbuy, can be very difficult.

Considering the price of the item, I decided to buy from local seller. Yes, it'll be more expensive by about $200-$400. But I only pay when the TV reaches my house, power up, test, everything ok and then I pay cash.

Plus if there are any software issue, can contact them for some help.

But if you really need help, can check out :

Part 1 :
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/xiaomi-mitv2-help-4764583-137.html

Part 2 :
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...cussion-thread-ii-[consolidated]-5537965.html

rsrsrs

Reaction score
Sorry, since this is a repair thread, let me hijack a bit.

My 55" LED TV front panel has a lot of horizontal lines running across. Upon close look, it seems the panel has been 'heated' causing the plastic to melt giving off a bad smell. Is there a way to replace just the very front panel? I supposed the actual LED panel is ok as I can watch programs.

Situation will be like your phone font screen is cracked but you still can surf net except with the cracked lines hindering you.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, since this is a repair thread, let me hijack a bit.

My 55" LED TV front panel has a lot of horizontal lines running across. Upon close look, it seems the panel has been 'heated' causing the plastic to melt giving off a bad smell. Is there a way to replace just the very front panel? I supposed the actual LED panel is ok as I can watch programs.

Situation will be like your phone font screen is cracked but you still can surf net except with the cracked lines hindering you.

If got picture or video will be even better. For phone, there is another layer which is the "touchscreen" layer. But for TV, not sure liao.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score

Wow, sounds scary... did a quick search on the web and found this which seems related to your observation:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...elting-corner-of-TV-6300-series-LED/td-p/5436

dango_daikazoku

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of reliable parts supplier in SG? Need power board for a SHARP and T-con board for another TOSHIBA.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to repair Sharp Aquos LCD TV panel polarized film ? Some part of my TV LCD panel sort of pop up.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL! When you say "many of us", which category of people are you referring to?

This is Chinese song, so it display Chinese lyrics mah. If I were to play English song, then it'll display English lyrics lah. LOL!

Simple logic right?

Guess he means those Banana people la (yellow outside, white inside).
Guess since the price is so close to major brand with full features (eg, DBVT2 tuner and 3 years warranty). My choice will be other major band then purchase a extra Xiaomi media box externally.

Yes, do note firmware is Chinese base. So is just not a matter of different in song lyrics displayed in Chinese or English.

anderson08

Reaction score
LG LV4230

Hi, I have a similar problem with above Tv and saw some of you provided some quote to others.

LG 42LV3730. The power light on for a while then fade away n it on again n fade away a few seconds later. No picture or sound but can hear clicking sound when on power.
From reading the past post it seem cause is main board?
Any cost for it to be repair by non LG people?

Advise or quote greatly appreciated..

Regards.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess he means those Banana people la (yellow outside, white inside).
Guess since the price is so close to major brand with full features (eg, DBVT2 tuner and 3 years warranty). My choice will be other major band then purchase a extra Xiaomi media box externally.

Yes, do note firmware is Chinese base. So is just not a matter of different in song lyrics displayed in Chinese or English.

Yah lah. Uncle like me and people from my era are still ok with Chinese.

Actually, my Mi TV 2 is running in English already. But yes, can just get an international Xiaomi Mi Box and use it with any TV.

Lyrics of songs will be displayed based on the language of the song.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a similar problem with above Tv and saw some of you provided some quote to others.

LG 42LV3730. The power light on for a while then fade away n it on again n fade away a few seconds later. No picture or sound but can hear clicking sound when on power.
From reading the past post it seem cause is main board?
Any cost for it to be repair by non LG people?

Advise or quote greatly appreciated..

Regards.

How old is your TV liao?

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
any recommendation of a TV repair man that specialized in Samsung TV?
my 46 inch color is fading and not sure if it is worthwhile to repair? :(

kaitozaki

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a TOSHIBA 55L5450VE 55inch FULL HD ANDROID SMART LED TV

My problem is the image color is inverted

Only on dynamic mode the image is perfect...other mode the picture will change colors...i heard that the main board has a settin for service mode as the board is used by other TVs as well so i need to redo the settings, anyone has the remote code to get in the settings?

Something light this video

[video]https://youtu.be/c-aXKCTiU6I[video]

Found this online but yet to try as the TV is at my mom's place...

http://factory-reset.com/wiki/Toshiba_Service_Menu

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation of a TV repair man that specialized in Samsung TV?
my 46 inch color is fading and not sure if it is worthwhile to repair? :(

LED type?
May be yours is those non LED back lite one right?

tazy_tazy

Reaction score
My LG 47lm6500 have the power red light but cannot turn on. Have bought a replacement power board from taobao to replace. Work for a few days. Suddenly a pop sound and the TV cannot turn on again.... cant find any faulty capacitor... Should I change the power board again?

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My LG 47lm6500 have the power red light but cannot turn on. Have bought a replacement power board from taobao to replace. Work for a few days. Suddenly a pop sound and the TV cannot turn on again.... cant find any faulty capacitor... Should I change the power board again?

whats the cost? better to get new imo

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
It's time to buy a new set. The problem goes beyond the power board - causing it to fail again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.