Home Cooking preferably LCHF Series - share ideas etc

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CtV4oool.jpg

SfiYkiul.jpg
9g5jipnl.jpg

Happy Birthday HC 1st meal of the day with IF=Intermittent Fasting 17/7 = Fast for 17 hours after 7pm dinner till 12 Noon now (12+5=17hrs) n 7 hour eating window till 7pm dinner !
Abalone Egg Noodles with lettuce shallots ...HUAT AH !!!

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/bacon-cheddar-pinwheels/075a1c9c-b343-431f-a12b-d5d98c2a4001
Think I will sub my Garlic Chive Cream Cheese in place of the Ranch Dressing which I don't hv - n fry my bacon for this together with the left aside Veg capsicum onions + Cheese to make this HF baked Puff Bacon Cheese Pinwheel...

PS : While preparing the Kale Beetroot Salad, came across the fridge-stored Balance Xmas Nuts etc so will be adding the leftover dried strawberry n some cranberries for some tartness to the pinwheel bakes which will be tonight's Dinner Main as mom won't be cooking says her eyes hurt (rubbed something in ??) to be served with the Salad + some market-bought Achar (oops didn't take this since no rice tonight ... tomorrow bah)!

https://youtu.be/SfuDLD4dLrU

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xilCC6hl.jpg

Easy peasy organic Kale n Beet Salad (from frozen packs) modified from YouTube video Chopped Kale n Beet Salad
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Ch55QRLJE - with pitted dates pumpkin seeds added golden raisins pomegranate seeds with simple EVOO lemon juice etc dressing for dinner later
Popping this into the fridge ..
Ooops...Must not forget to add the walnuts n pistachios too b4 serving !!!

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Steps to my Bacon Cheese Pinwheels
meUZy75l.jpg

8Onfojhl.jpg

1st layer with Chive Garlic Cream Cheese spread
UEH7xNUl.jpg

With all the filling ~ bacon saute onion fresh cut green n red chopped capsicums as previous prepared cut batch had turned all mushy cilantro spring onion pumpkin seeds - 1st roll used shredded cheddar cheese mix ~ 2nd roll with mozzarella cheese n freeze-dried strawberry [using up the leftover from my Xmas Holiday Choc Bark - salty n sweet with the pretzel base + White/Dark Choc !] + cranberry ...
JaF2Dawl.jpg

CWsaamRl.jpg

To place in freezer for 10 mins b4 slicing as need to firm up
omRoVRGl.jpg

So pretty coloured pinwheels
Still got 1/2 of 2nd roll ~ strawberry mozza cheese ~ in freezer for baking another day ....

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iQVMLDll.jpg

Sprayed avocado olive oil before baking
yGOD7hIl.jpg

CnQM7k0l.jpg

Our 2 item dinner
1. Kale Beet Salad with lots of pomegranate n nuts
2. Bacon Cheese Pinwheels
+
Pomelo fruit ....

Next time
- to make BIGGER n MORE bacon crumbs for more bite/flavour in filling
- to make foil cover top so that pinwheel tops don't get burned before puff pastry also cooked at bottom portions
- more chopped spring onion n cilantro as well as more sauted onion
- to make tighter rolls
- to add more cheese b4 serving

Hmmm might try using tortilla wrap as in some YouTube videos instead of puff pastry sheet then DON'T need to do any baking at all ??
Cooked Veg Tortilla Roll Pinwheels - mom should love the cooked veg !

Ana3 years ago
great recipe :)))
btw, the L in tortilla is silent. its pronounced tor-ti-yah. :)

Fusion Fried Avocado Egg Roll=Spring Roll

Another alternative - can try using rolled thinned out white bread slices but that will also need baking esp if doing bread cups in muffin tray or cases instead of slicing bread rolls into pinwheels

Sent from EARTH using GAGT

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JrvQQyDl.jpg

Strange - somehow ended up not using the zucchini tomato n cilantro in the Alaskan Avocado Roll even tho 1st Original Shot had included these
See my $1++ medium avocado used

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Came across this pic of originally Baked Egg in Avocado which became a Crustless Quiche instead after the egg spilled out of the avocado boats ...
A8ZXXaol.jpg

Another Quiche filled with various veg n bacon or pancetta etc ..
This was done over skillet pan stovetop n not baked in the oven
6JKA8Qul.jpg

GpHuiTUl.jpg

Very LCHF meal with eggy quiche green salad with avocado n that looks like soy pork belly ... my healthy lemon etc infused water too

Last edited:

fieat.co

Reaction score
HomeCooking with Fieat App

Hi;

Would like to reach out to your goodself if our mobile app can be of your interest?

Fieat (facebook.com/fieat.co) is a mobile app that allows users (home cooks) to manage and sell foods, made from home and allow users (foodies) to easily search for home cooked foods within vicinity of users’ location or beyond.

If this excites you, let me know if you have any further question. FIEAT app is downloadable both on App Store and Google Play.

Look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day ahead.

Kind regards;

FIEAT team

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS on LCHF how long and what is your current weight stats? Support TS
I decided to do some online reading after the Polyclinic Doc wanted to put me on a mild statin during a routine/regular chronic disease management appointment in 3rd Quarter 2016 (discovered I have the usual hbp n diabetes from a 2012 comprehensive Health Screening) - this particular doc was also different from the rest in his Show & Tell tirade of the foods we should n shouldn't be eating etc ...
I objected to taking statins as hv read of worse resulting side effects so hv to search for alternative solution - decided LCHF makes the most sense as simply going back to the roots of ancient healthy eating before processed foods esp sugars HFCS took reign together with a generation suffering the great Cholesterol Myth - Saturated Fats n Eggs are NOT evil !

So I only went into stricter LCHF (meaning lesser Cheat Meals) for just 3 weeks before my next Fasting Blood Test in Sep 2016 - had quite amazing results - at 6.2% HBaC (my lowest ever !) - attending doc agreed to take me off the statin too (which I didn't bother to take anyway) as lipid profile back to permitted range (with good TG/HDL ratio of Below 2 ~ this I learnt later from the Eat Fats to Lose Fat thread here)

During those 3 weeks, I faithfully took my 2 Tbsp CCO on waking up with Apple Cider Vinegar..Even tried a few healthy green smoothies (too troublesome n blender back into cold storage) etc ...

Even tho had many Cheat Meals/Days - managed to lose almost 5kg altho weight loss was not my aim but a good Fasting Blood Test count

Guess it helps that unknowingly I have been doing Intermittent Fasting IF as advocated by Dr Jason Fung since 2015 or so (skipping breakfasts as jobless since 2nd PME Retrenchment etc n sleeping/waking up later)

Many hv told me that I hv lost weight compared to a year back etc
I found that IF lets me lose weight very gradually without exercising etc too

Now my LCHF is even more relaxed with even more taboos e.g. My recent crazy Xmas Bakes with LOTS of carbs - flour n sugars !
I do not want to make myself all stressed up with my own version of Cheat LCHF hahaha

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi;

Would like to reach out to your goodself if our mobile app can be of your interest?

Fieat (facebook.com/fieat.co) is a mobile app that allows users (home cooks) to manage and sell foods, made from home and allow users (foodies) to easily search for home cooked foods within vicinity of users’ location or beyond.

If this excites you, let me know if you have any further question. FIEAT app is downloadable both on App Store and Google Play.

Look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day ahead.

Kind regards;

FIEAT team

This is interesting but will it make for a viable business esp since LCHF ingredients other than eggs tend to be pricey

A friend did suggest that I perfect my Xmas Goodies to sell online - but how much profit can one make ...

But it would help if ppl are keen to buy off some of my LCHF food e.g. Slices of the Country Pate or Pate de Campagne as I had a hard time finishing that by myself spread out over several meals ... Will get sick n tired even if it is very flavorful etc
More than 2 days preparation time with over 1.5 hours baking time n lots of fatty bacon pork belly chicken liver brandy spices/herbs
ZPQVWNDl.jpg

iIZbZEgl.jpg

Are there ppl willing to pay a fair price for say a personal portion of salad (collection problems ?)
As mom doesn't go for raw cold salads, I am forced to finish up the salads esp if huge ones all by myself too
- would be great if there are buyers willing to share the excess here ...

Am a rather lazy cook - more for personal consumption than anything else
Think I will starve if am cooking as a biz here ..
see how

Saw a no bake blueberry cheesecake on the fieat fb
Here is my own very 1st attempt on that when requested to do a dessert for sharing last Nov - 1st time handling gelatin n jello too - amateurish ?
31XuCGpl.jpg

RO5krgDl.jpg

Squeezed in fridge ...see tub of sundried tomato n also of Greek Yoghurt ?
U7mdeUIl.jpg

I followed this youtube video

Kiasu me had additional desserts like this rather yummy Panna Cotta (Cooked Cream) etc ...around that time I really had quite a few Berry Sauces - cranberry with clove n orange etc, raspberry-blueberry ... to serve with the NY cheesecakes n Panna Cotta
2eFbfMkl.jpg

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This time round I managed to get the doc to let 6 months go before my next Fasting Glucose Blood Test instead of the usual 4 months ..
Naughty me will only buck up with stricter LCHF in the month or 2 before the Blood Test
(Previously will get mom to boil Small Bitter Gourd soup few times to get good Blood Glucose readings hahaha)
but now with LCHF Consciousness (even with cheating) feel I can control n will not go overboard with the Sugar Carbs !

Mostly just forego the brown rice carbs n simply eat the dishes cooked by mom - unless mom cooks things like Vinegar Trotters or Curries which call for rice/bread accompaniment - now that Xmas is over, shouldn't be doing much cookie/cake baking with sugary stuff - consciously trying to cut down sugar consumption as much as feasible ..

Find that my Intermittent LCHF or Cheat LCHF combined with mom's dishes working fine too - prefer the HF to come from fatty meat or avocado etc (couldn't get mom to allow for pork lard as she says cleaning that is a pain) - can adjust by doing green salads or Bacon Egg Big English Breakfast meals with butter or Quiches when I am inclined to do so
But must make more effort with daily Apple Cider Vinegar n such ..

Example - for lunch today
Mom made simple soupy mien sien with Chinese lettuce
VbFi1Njl.jpg

Then later for tea besides her mangzangko from the market, still got my 1/2 roll Bacon Mozza Cheese pinwheels to be sliced up n baked from yesterday ;-))

Inserted before 3pm :
jrJ5AtDl.jpg

Here's the sliced balance Pinwheels being thawed < so pretty the red cranberry n strawberry flecks of colour
With leftover frozen store bought samosas from freezer long long ago ....

My LCHF Mantra - don't stress ..

Last edited:

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me is chicken breast and steak. Simple and easy. 101 ways to cook it lol. Just change the side dishes. Only organic fat though. Never trust farmed animal fat. In the long run it matters.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We hate chicken breast meat as not tender n smooth - I always go for chicken thigh drumstick wings in chicken rice (1 chicken rice portion shared between 2 of us but 2-3 person chicken portion). Eat the skin too ! Add our own extra cucumber when indulging in occasional Chicken Rice treats from Maxwell when I go for body massage at nearby spa there ... mom gets OFF from cooking too

Bo lui for pricey steak now
(The aged Irish Angus at Ramsay's BSK is really shiok tho)

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lFFYn0kl.jpg

My LC moderate protein dinner
Finally used up the corned beef with lots of onion n carrot
Pomfret fish + achar !

Sun night - CNY dinner at friend's place
Yolo ....

Simple survey :
1. Anyone keen on buying a half portion of the above Corned Beef with carrot n onion ?
2. If YES, would you be willing to pay $9 for it together with 2-3 French Loaf bread slices (toasted) n pick up from my place void deck or nearby MacD ?
3. Just to test out the fieat concept here
Maybe could add on 1 or 2 other items to the Corned Beef too - say a Cheese Cake dessert at $7-9 (or at $4 if in huge muffin individual size)[How to price Baked n No-Bake Cheese Cakes - cream cheese so pricey too]
or 2 of the Bacon Cheese Pinwheels for $3.80 (5 for $7.50) - might use tortilla wraps instead of puff pastry too here ?

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do help out with the above simple survey - for fieat viability ...

Hmmm...May be possible for me to "stock up" some Panna Cottas or Cheese Cakes in fridge or freeze some Pinwheel Rolls for On-Demand orders to accompany other Main Items ...

Anyone willing to pay $12-15 for that Alaskan Avocado Roll + might switch out the crab stick to maybe a mix of crispy bacon-cranberry-cheese/mayo (similar to yummy Pinwheel filling) or juicy seared Hokkaido scallops but at $18-25 for pricier ingredients or fried soft shell crab or even simple fried/boiled egg +tart cranberry/salsa etc...
A6uIy56l.jpg
Hahaha aka bile sai roll .

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.