Custom In-Ear Monitors information & discussion thread

Jason8811

Reaction score
I dunno about the pricing now but I reshelled my TF10 several years back and I'll give u the breakdown of the cost.

Audiologist ear impressions at Digisound: $64.20.

Reshelled with UM at Stereo with one added mid driver (complements the single high and double lows of the TF10): $370. Do take note I do not have any special artwork on my reshelled UM TF10.

Shipping: $50.

Total: $484.20.

After selecting colours or any artwork/special inserts, Stereo will test your TF10s to ensure the drivers are working fine. If u wish to purchase a whole new CIEM altogether, it's your choice as well.

Cable wise, it depends on u but I chose the recessed connector and purchased the first gen Whiplash Audio TWag/TWcu hybrid 24-gauge with Oyaide straight connector at a special price, $540 then.

So I pumped in quite a bit for my CIEM but it's really worth it. At that price in total one can already purchase a good brand new CIEM as well. There are a number of great manufacturers so do also check them out before making a decision. I waited 4 weeks for mine though but if u could increase your budget a bit, will really help too.

Hope this helps. Cheers. :)

UM no longer do reshell services.

Ratix0

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I need some advice for recommendations.

IEMs and Headphones I've owned are ER4P/S and Grado SR325e. I love how both sounds, particularly the ER4P/S which I have used for nearly 10 years. Many years ago, when the JH13 was released, I've tried it and fell in love with that custom earpiece, but was unable to afford it at that massive price tag. Fast forward, now I am considering getting a pair of JH13v2, but with time, the market changes as well. Looking through the thread, there are a hundred and one different brands and models of custom IEMs and its mind boggling how the technology improved and competition caught up over the years.

What are some custom IEMs that are similar sounding to the JH13? I've tried several different universal as well as custom IEMs and found that the sound signature of JH13 is close to what I like. Are there other competing earpieces with similar sound signature?

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I need some advice for recommendations.

IEMs and Headphones I've owned are ER4P/S and Grado SR325e. I love how both sounds, particularly the ER4P/S which I have used for nearly 10 years. Many years ago, when the JH13 was released, I've tried it and fell in love with that custom earpiece, but was unable to afford it at that massive price tag. Fast forward, now I am considering getting a pair of JH13v2, but with time, the market changes as well. Looking through the thread, there are a hundred and one different brands and models of custom IEMs and its mind boggling how the technology improved and competition caught up over the years.

What are some custom IEMs that are similar sounding to the JH13? I've tried several different universal as well as custom IEMs and found that the sound signature of JH13 is close to what I like. Are there other competing earpieces with similar sound signature?

If you are looking for IEMs with a more balanced/analytical signature, you can consider looking at:
1. Vision Ears VE6XC
2. HUM Pristine Reference
3. Jomo Reference
4. Jomo Samba
5. Vision Ears VE3
6. Hidition NT-6/NT-6Pro
7. Empire Ears Zeus R

Ratix0

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for IEMs with a more balanced/analytical signature, you can consider looking at:
1. Vision Ears VE6XC
3. Jomo Reference
4. Jomo Samba
5. Vision Ears VE3
6. Hidition NT-6/NT-6Pro
7. Empire Ears Zeus R

Thank you! I will go and give them a try and see if I like em.

caligynephobia

Reaction score
Hi all, i've been reading through this thread, and to be honest don't understand a whole lot, however, i'm exploring getting CIEMs for use as a church musician i sing as well as play guitar together with a band consisting of an acoustic guitarist, bassist, drummer, pianist, and a couple of vocalists. what would be a good entry-level CIEM? budget around 500-600.

any help is appreciated!

RealSpark

Reaction score
Hi all, i've been reading through this thread, and to be honest don't understand a whole lot, however, i'm exploring getting CIEMs for use as a church musician i sing as well as play guitar together with a band consisting of an acoustic guitarist, bassist, drummer, pianist, and a couple of vocalists. what would be a good entry-level CIEM? budget around 500-600.

any help is appreciated!

Talk to Music Sanctuary. They have musician discount program.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Vision Ears VE6XC
3. Jomo Reference
4. Jomo Samba
5. Vision Ears VE3
6. Hidition NT-6/NT-6Pro
7. Empire Ears Zeus R

Bookmark for reference.
Thanks!

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lost and drop 1 side of my AAW 10. Wonder how I can replace one side or make new one? Any option at $300-400?

xuan87

Reaction score
AAW is a Singapore company... They don't need agent... But they do sell through multiple stores in Singapore too.

However for your special case, it's better to just directly go to AAW.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.