Home Cooking preferably LCHF Series - share ideas etc

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Know what I'll be making for my LCHF item on Mon liao
Using up my last avocado with Hokkaido scallops (not crab stick too ?) + maybe the other items bacon tart cranberry pistachio ??
Maybe half or 1/3 roll with scallops
Balance roll with bacon / crab stick etc ... ???
LyQn1dKl.jpg

If anyone keen on making an order, let me know - will download the fieat app then hahaha
By PM hor - don't want to get banned hor
Will need to buy more avocados in any case n also try out tortilla wraps for my Pinwheels ...

This time can also use up some of the opened pomegranate to garnish the Avocado Roll together with cilantro
Now got cheap blueberries at NTUC think will get some to make blueberry sauce here or to makan with new tub of Greek Yoghurt - replenish my supply
Must put excess blueberry in freezer otherwise go moldy fast in fridge !

Last edited:

simplelifez

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lFFYn0kl.jpg

My LC moderate protein dinner
Finally used up the corned beef with lots of onion n carrot
Pomfret fish + achar !

Sun night - CNY dinner at friend's place
Yolo ....

Simple survey :
1. Anyone keen on buying a half portion of the above Corned Beef with carrot n onion ?
Can't eat beef
2. If YES, would you be willing to pay $9 for it together with 2-3 French Loaf bread slices (toasted) n pick up from my place void deck or nearby MacD ?
A bit exceed budget. Corned beef I can usually $5 (see before ntuc but never buy)
3. Just to test out the fieat concept here
Maybe could add on 1 or 2 other items to the Corned Beef too - say a Cheese Cake dessert at $7-9 (or at $4 if in huge muffin individual size)[How to price Baked n No-Bake Cheese Cakes - cream cheese so pricey too]

Also no eat dessert.

or 2 of the Bacon Cheese Pinwheels for $3.80 (5 for $7.50) - might use tortilla wraps instead of puff pastry too here ?

5 for $7.50 looks good.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simple survey :
1. Anyone keen on buying a half portion of the above Corned Beef with carrot n onion ?
Can't eat beef
2. If YES, would you be willing to pay $9 for it together with 2-3 French Loaf bread slices (toasted) n pick up from my place void deck or nearby MacD ?
A bit exceed budget. Corned beef I can usually $5 (see before ntuc but never buy)
3. Just to test out the fieat concept here
Maybe could add on 1 or 2 other items to the Corned Beef too - say a Cheese Cake dessert at $7-9 (or at $4 if in huge muffin individual size)[How to price Baked n No-Bake Cheese Cakes - cream cheese so pricey too]

Also no eat dessert.

or 2 of the Bacon Cheese Pinwheels for $3.80 (5 for $7.50) - might use tortilla wraps instead of puff pastry too here ?

5 for $7.50 looks good.

Pricing dilemma - besides considering Ingredient Cost also need to factor in Time/Cooking Cost leh - think very minimum like around $5 for non-complicating easy recipes ??
TIP : My Libby's Corned Beef - will only buy when have Below $4 NTUC Offers ...

Ya - thought $7.50 for 5 Pinwheels very fair at $1.50 each as considering our local bakeries already charging that price for some simple bread rolls too - cream cheese etc not cheap too

Tks for responding

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice one

Dug up yet another English Breakfast dinner pic with bacon eggs mushroom etc + beet cherry tomatoes... mixed veg - very LCHF
qw7lLJWl.jpg

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chia Seed Pudding in Coconut Cream + Cacao Powder+Coco sugar
Very LCHF !

Done overnight in fridge to allow Chia Seeds to expand ...
wQ6uCCzl.jpg

Anyone willing to pay $8-10 for this very healthy dessert ? Chia seeds very expensive hor

See http://tasty-yummies.com/chocolate-chia-seed-superfood-pudding-gluten-free-and-vegan/

How To Make: Coconut Chia Seed Pudding

Chia Chocolate Pudding - Chocolate Dessert from Chia Seeds

How to Make Coconut Chia Seed Pudding

Coconut Chia Pudding | Vegan

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like shiat,
Really - thought it looks like a typical choc pudding or even sago gula melaka of sorts there
Anyway they say - the worse it looks the better it tastes hahaha ....

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This eggplant roll up recipe looks interesting
Will want to try making Tomato Butter as hv got all the ingredients here
except onion powder (can use cheaper minced onion bah)
EDIT : I hv since bought the pricey $7+ Onion Powder as needed in so many recipes !

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/eggplant-roll-ups-chicken-tomato-butter

Tomato butter
3¼ oz. butter, at room temperature
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon onion powder

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought toast is carbs? In general breads don't fit in lchf..

Sent from Pluto using GAGT
True but do note that LCHF means LOW Carb n not NO Carb !
Also depending on whether you are doing LCHF to lose weight or not e.g. 25-30 gram nett carbs not including fibre etc [Check the dietdoctor com site for the guidelines] - whether you are doing intensive exercise too - whether male/female n body size etc etc ....

Don't be an LCHF Nazi here otherwise become all stressed up n LCHF stops being fun

You can go for Low Carb bread options like Oopsie Bread but I guess the Low Carb Garlic Naan is preferred using coconut flour etc

For me it is more of a Convenience Factor to have toast with my Country Pate
If you know the "gamey taste of pates or terrines made with chicken livers etc" you will know that eating pate with toast is highly desirable as that will allow all the various flavours also from the Dijon mustard n sour pickled gerkins to come together nicely with each bite !

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IF or Intermittent Fasting at almost 20/4 as only taking my 1st LCHF meal now at abt 3pm - kosong fish soup with veg + 2 otah !
NzLjAF7l.jpg

Also hooted 900g $12.50 pure tahini without preservatives/additives (healthy ground sesame seed paste) + 2x135g tetrapack (discounted $1.30 each) hummus from Seaggaf HQ at MacTaggart Bldg
5tgYBCgl.jpg

Hokkaido scallops already thawed out ready for my next Avocado Roll after my late lunch
Thinking of using the Pistachio Halva in place of cream cheese in the Pinwheels n to add some in Avocado Roll too for more flavours ....
Also just bought 3 unripe mangos for $5 - for Spring Rolls Pinwheels etc must not use ripe mushy mangoes here as too wet ...
bAuhRmHl.jpg

Pity I am not able to salvage n use up the pumpkin wedge in the Avocado Roll or Pinwheels - mom now getting old n forgot to use pumpkin bought BEFORE CNY - now all mouldy n must be thrown away - would hv added great colours to my Roll or Pinwheels etc ....
Tpk7jqIl.jpg

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 2nd Avocado Roll now firming up in the fridge for eating with mom's dishes for dinner later
Too greedy with my plans - don't hv space in the Roll for including mango bacon n halva etc too - guess should use those for the next Pinwheels
As suggested by someone here, also using 2 fried egg with the sliced seared scallops still got leftover - guess if want to include lots of filling ingredients need to use a 2nd Avocado too ....
5wDxzLQl.jpg

JNedJnbl.jpg

Sent from EARTH using GAGT

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know instead of avocado (guacamole) there on toast, can also consider convenient tahini or sesame seed spread that I'd just hooted or even the Tomato Butter in that interesting Eggplant Roll-ups recipe https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/eggplant-roll-ups-chicken-tomato-butter
Also see https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/condiments
Makes for variety ....

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
R5NZobrl.jpg

P0JhjlZl.jpg

Considered Low Carb ??
Very small helping of brown rice with my 2nd Roll - avocado, egg n scallops - balance unused egg-scallop filling, green veg n braised pork belly ...

sinkiedk

Master Member
Reaction score
You know instead of avocado (guacamole) there on toast, can also consider convenient tahini or sesame seed spread that I'd just hooted or even the Tomato Butter in that interesting Eggplant Roll-ups recipe ..
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/eggplant-roll-ups-chicken-tomato-butter
Also see https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/condiments
Makes for variety ....
thanks for the tips bro. u got alot of good deals for hooting these interesting condiments.

Sent from underneath my smelly blanket with duck prints using GAGT

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well this LCHF/Cooking (Baking) is one of my current interests
and I'm notified of NEW Recipes etc ...
and when something catches my fancy I'll do a search and find out/source for the ingredients etc

eg saw the Venezuelan Arepas on youtube videos
so I tried to find out WHERE I could get the P.A.N. cornmeal flour for making those corn flatbread -----> got led to the Seggaf site/FB Page

AND it so happened that I needed to be in the MacTaggart Rd vicinity (for Laptop Repairs) so I took the opportunity to buy some of the stuff from these suppliers at the same time [Muslim young gal was very nice as she did online order for me to enjoy the online discounts too] - glad I did as the Tomato Paste tetrapaks now back to Normal Price 75c and not only 40c offer & Hibiscus Teabags Sold Out about a day after my 1st visit too - so sometimes I happened upon these Online Deals by chance - am a believer of "Serendipity" somehow ....
You can also buy their products online direct [FREE Delivery with $70 min purchase] or through Redmart & at Mustafa
Btw - they have SAFFRON [starting from $12 !] too - I hv no use for such an exotic pricey spice tho'

BTW I've been wanting to try zucchini noodles
But need a recommendation for a Cheap yet Good Spiralizer here (below $12 ? with delivery)
Anyone ?
So scared of the Qoo10 ones - don't know which is good

Once it's here can make stuff like this
Creamy Avocado and Spinach Pasta. Make with zucchini noodles for paleo. Looks too good!
Jo Cooks
avocado-and-spinach-pasta-collage1.jpg

avocado-and-spinach-pasta-3.jpg

Delicious, low-carb, healthy Stir Fry made with spiralized zucchini and onions tossed with teriyaki sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles!)
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AXAaSWqDr1JgPOoIE_PFjTljHbhS0f21keXYGOLihHcU7SHROjUyfVo/
ab8adeb1655dbe2e9975e8b35f4d829c.jpg

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw this very pretty Greek Yoghurt Bark with blueberry & strawberry
http://www.yummly.co/#recipe/Greek-Yogurt-Breakfast-Bark-1568935
Reminds me of my Xmas Holiday Choc Bark - THIS is far more healthy tho' :s13: :D
DSC3528.jpg

Would make a great alternative Greek Yoghurt after-dinner cold dessert for me

Hmmm - can skip the Maple Syrup/Honey sweetener ingredient if I opt for Vanilla Greek Yoghurt too - only need to get that recommended Granola [Quaker brand] or to make do with the Rolled Oats (still unused as trying not to bake further cookies/bread/etc...) !
EDIT : Just came across these comments - hmmm to use pistachios in place of granola
Liz P. 2 Aug 2016★★★★★
I used Queen's no sugar Maple Syrup. It isn't as thick, however the flavour is still there. I also used pistachios instead of granola. And raspberries instead of strawberries (as I am allergic). Takes the carbs down a bit!
Eden E. 6 Jun 2016★★★★★
really tasty, although the berries were unexpectedly freezing and hard, and the yogurt melted super fast. maybe spreading it thicker would make it better. the bark was super refreshing and tasty, worth the try!

EDIT : Hv changed my mind on making this
Would just rather hv my usual Greek Yoghurt with fresh fruit
Easier to handle - don't want messy melting cold Bark & Frozen Hard blueberries etc

Tomorrow can do NTUC shopping (+ AngBao Toto)
- for Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- avocados
- tortilla wraps
- red & green capsicums for the Pinwheels
- blueberry, strawberry, raspberry etc
- bacon
- frozen prawn ?
- maybe even pricey onion powder (so many recipes needing this)
- see any Garlic-Chive Cream Cheese offer etc (to stock up)
- toasted nori sheets (seeweed)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/68728879108/
Hot Ham & Cheese Party Rolls
35167984d76fd8e06e15a6371bd69cd7.jpg

More pinwheel recipes

My my my - really obsessed with the Rolls & Pinwheels
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/68728879108/
fb51ae740f6abcdcaaf225649c2a6555.jpg

From http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2015/11/cranberry-and-feta-pinwheels.html

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.