The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
My blacklisted brands - getzgy, refined, ubersuave, apestomen, undisputed (worst crap ever) will never touch those even if it was free.

Haven try latest manigto yet. They upsized the jars without increasing the price, hope its genuine and not some diluted product to make up for the size difference.

I've tried the Clay and Wax Pomade, tbh its not bad bro. Very basic products but they work pretty well in our weather. The owner sent me his new range to try. Personally like the Clay Pomade cos of its lighter weight yet strong hold.

Anws, speaking of lightweight products. I went to re-try the sample of Indians Molding Clay that was given to me by leejhong bro.
Solid stuff guys. Trust me. So far have not found a product that has a better strength to weight ratio (Probably even better than Morris) Extremely high hold yet extremely lightweight. Easy to wash off. I just ordered a full-sized jar. This is a holy grail product.. Trust me when I say it.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've tried the Clay and Wax Pomade, tbh its not bad bro. Very basic products but they work pretty well in our weather. The owner sent me his new range to try. Personally like the Clay Pomade cos of its lighter weight yet strong hold.

Anws, speaking of lightweight products. I went to re-try the sample of Indians Molding Clay that was given to me by leejhong bro.
Solid stuff guys. Trust me. So far have not found a product that has a better strength to weight ratio (Probably even better than Morris) Extremely high hold yet extremely lightweight. Easy to wash off. I just ordered a full-sized jar. This is a holy grail product.. Trust me when I say it.

Wah Zhun Bo. Holy grail.
Spare me some to try lol

nichsong

Reaction score

That being said though, I would like to clarify. Even though I did use MM as a comparison to Indians clay, I am not necessarily saying that Indians is a better product by any means. The only comparison I made was of the strength to weight ratio, in which in my opinion, Indians gives a firmer hold for how light it weighs.

Make no mistake though, MM also performs spectacularly in this area. Both products are both beasts in terms of endurance and both last throughout the day in our weather. The main difference to me is in the finish of the style. MM is more flexible and pliable, and allows your hair to be easily adjusted and restyled throughout the day, while still maintaining that great volume and hold Indians is more of a hard and rigid hold, which really locks your hair strands into place. It all comes down to personal preference.

That being said, both these products are the only 2 I consider so far to be "holy grail" or game changer matte hair products. Will never BS u guys. If I think something sucks I'll defo say!

prozaizxc

Reaction score
hi guys, haven't been here in a long time as i have been in ns so not much hair products to use :s22:

My kanebo has ran out already, who is selling kanebo now and who is selling the japan version and who is selling the china version?

also, anybody selling the corium shampoo that kobayashi uses or have any lobang? interested in that as well.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
If lets say you go to a $10, $15, $20, $25 dollar saloon to cut hair at 4 different times and say the exact same thing cut the same style, do you find they produce different quality? More expensive nicer?

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If lets say you go to a $10, $15, $20, $25 dollar saloon to cut hair at 4 different times and say the exact same thing cut the same style, do you find they produce different quality? More expensive nicer?

U are quite an interesting troll. At least your questions are fairly creative.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
U are quite an interesting troll. At least your questions are fairly creative.

No troll. No need answer if no answer. I usually cut at $10 saloon (quick cut put card kind), also try $10+ those shop house saloon, and I only tried one time $25, seems similar result. So I just wondering if that $25 I bad luck or what. Why people go $25 kind of saloon is it because shop nicer at shopping centre, got tea, feel better or because better hair cut.

nichsong

Reaction score
No troll. No need answer if no answer. I usually cut at $10 saloon (quick cut put card kind), also try $10+ those shop house saloon, and I only tried one time $25, seems similar result. So I just wondering if that $25 I bad luck or what. Why people go $25 kind of saloon is it because shop nicer at shopping centre, got tea, feel better or because better hair cut.

Usually when the prices are higher,u would expect more attentive service from the staff(drinks etc part of it) , or more time spent on your cut in general. Doesn't mean that higher prices = better cut though. It depends on the salon and the quality of the hairdressers that they hire as well. Personally though, I feel that guys do not need to spend too much money esp if u keep a short haircut. We cut our hair once a month on average. Paying 40 bucks vs 10 odd bucks to have your sides buzzed and your top thinned/shaped out every month. See the logic here? But of course there are many people who insist on paying for a mor expensive haircut. Could be down to various reasons.

As for the example u stated, if a 25 bucks haircut looks the same as a 10 bucks haircut u had from before.. U know the 25 bucks place is not worth the money. Pretty straightforward right XD

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you are referring to Indians Extra Strong Hold Molding Clay, I also agreed that it is lightweight yet has extremely strong hold and probably one of the strongest hold among the products that I have used previously.

However, I found that it is not easy to wash off. When you shampoo your hair once, you may feel that the clay has been washed off. But if you feel your hair again, you will feel that there is still some residue on your hair that you will need to shampoo one more time.

nichsong

Reaction score
If you are referring to Indians Extra Strong Hold Molding Clay, I also agreed that it is lightweight yet has extremely strong hold and probably one of the strongest hold among the products that I have used previously.

However, I found that it is not easy to wash off. When you shampoo your hair once, you may feel that the clay has been washed off. But if you feel your hair again, you will feel that there is still some residue on your hair that you will need to shampoo one more time.

For me, since I only use a small amount of the clay, I don't really have difficulty in washing it off. I just rinse thoroughly with water then follow up with shampoo. I would definitely rate it as easier to wash off than the By Vilain products.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, since I only use a small amount of the clay, I don't really have difficulty in washing it off. I just rinse thoroughly with water then follow up with shampoo. I would definitely rate it as easier to wash off than the By Vilain products.

Then I cannot comment further since I did not use By Vilain products before.

xPrecision

Reaction score
Guys, any recommendation of hair wax and hairspray?
My hair type is those super smooth, straight and flat one if never apply anything.

I want those pompour style of hair, meaning the top is raised up and there's a fringe.

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score
Guys, any recommendation of hair wax and hairspray?
My hair type is those super smooth, straight and flat one if never apply anything.

I want those pompour style of hair, meaning the top is raised up and there's a fringe.

Hey man. Not quite sure what style you're going for. I thought you meant a pompadour but if you mean the top section of your head spiked while your fringe is laid down, thats not it. Could you share with us abit more, possibly provide a picture of the style?

xPrecision

Reaction score
Hey man. Not quite sure what style you're going for. I thought you meant a pompadour but if you mean the top section of your head spiked while your fringe is laid down, thats not it. Could you share with us abit more, possibly provide a picture of the style?

haha i dont think my style has a name either..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyoo3xq-8bo

around 5:23. that hair.

nichsong

Reaction score
haha i dont think my style has a name either..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyoo3xq-8bo

around 5:23. that hair.

Hahha BenDeen's channel. For that you've come to the right place! Most of us rock this hairstyle, or at least some variation of it nowadays. Alright bro for that, I'd like to introduce you to sea salt spray.. Can't say enough about it. Are you familiar with the term pre-styling?

xPrecision

Reaction score
Hahha BenDeen's channel. For that you've come to the right place! Most of us rock this hairstyle, or at least some variation of it nowadays. Alright bro for that, I'd like to introduce you to sea salt spray.. Can't say enough about it. Are you familiar with the term pre-styling?

Nope not really. :s22:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope not really. :s22:

something you spray on towel dry hair then blow dry using hair dryer.
to get the volume and pre style shape of the style you wanna do.

then finish off with a wax of your choice

for the non fixated look, can try morris motley styling balm

nichsong

Reaction score
something you spray on towel dry hair then blow dry using hair dryer.
to get the volume and pre style shape of the style you wanna do.

then finish off with a wax of your choice

for the non fixated look, can try morris motley styling balm

@xPreicision Yeap exactly what he said. Try out sea salt spray first and you will see the difference already. 2-3 sprays into damp, towel dried hair, run yr fingers through to get it evenly distributed, then hit it with a blow dryer. Blow dry yr hair upwards, in the direction u wanna go, finish with wax and if you want, hairspray. You can DM gaoxing regarding sea salt spray :) Regarding wax, what brand are you currently using bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.