Gears of War 4

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to play Horde on casual earlier. It didn't take long for the game/server to matchmake me to other players. However, I can't seem to play King of the Hill. It's stuck at the finding players screen.

Is it trying to find local SG players only?

I do not know how this all works. This GOW4 is the only online game I've tried to play in years.

Rogue

Reaction score
I tried to play Horde on casual earlier. It didn't take long for the game/server to matchmake me to other players. However, I can't seem to play King of the Hill. It's stuck at the finding players screen.

Is it trying to find local SG players only?

I do not know how this all works. This GOW4 is the only online game I've tried to play in years.

PVP don't have crossplay for PC and Xbox players, currently Gow4 is testing crossplay only for social... GOW4 PC is already dead for competitive PVP maps.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got this for free. :D

same

meanwhile...

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/mlg-columbus-open-prizes
The biggest event in Gears of War history is upon us – the $300,000 Gears Pro Circuit Columbus Open! In addition to watching the world’s premier Gears of War teams go at it, people who watch the stream at http://live.gearsofwar.com will be offered the opportunity to win big prizes, including Xbox Elite Controllers, a NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card, a limited edition Gears 4 Xbox One S (with the option to get it signed by the development team), and a plethora in-game prizes. Plus all viewers will have the opportunity to claim their very own free exclusive emblem, only available during this event. Below you will find a breakdown of the prizes up for grabs each day, and information on how to participate.

they are also giving away prizes for those watching the live stream

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have checked out the Microsoft US website for a Xbox One S deal. Currently, there are two price ranges to choose from since it is a Black Friday there. 1) US$249 (500GB) and 2) US$299 (1TB). The best thing is that you get to choose a free game and your console color.

After a simple conversion, I find that in Singapore dollars, the 500GB is about S$355. I have not checked whether the shipping free or not. But is it worth it to buy from the US website?

I am waiting until mushrooms are growing on my head for the release of Xbox One S in Singapore. :(

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
0jJMjQZ.jpg

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...nt/df2704ee-6d13-4525-87bb-09698c51b3b2/posts

The time has come for us to run a special test weekend event to trial Crossplay Versus in Gears of War 4. This test is being conducted to evaluate the potential of a more permanent Crossplay solution in the future to allow Windows 10 and Xbox One gamers to play together in Versus outside of Private Matches.

Crossplay is divisive in any Versus experience, and Gears of War 4 is no different. From the beginning, we stated our intention to keep both platforms separate in non-cooperative game modes in order to preserve competitive balance. Conserving a fair, competitive environment remains a top priority for us.

The purpose of this weekend is to give Crossplay a trial run in a public playlist. We care deeply about players on both platforms and we’ve heard you, so our goal is to use this event to bring in a ton of data and listen to feedback from players on both platforms to examine the results.

What comes next after this hasn’t been decided – this weekend is an incredibly important first step in this process. Once we use the combination of our data and your feedback together, we’ll be able to make an informed next step (or not as the case may be). The key thing we want to stress is that we won’t be making any surprise changes all of a sudden based on this weekend.

We need as many of you to participate as possible to make this a truly effective test. As a thank you for participating, we’ve increased the win / loss XP for match completion and allowi squads of up to 5 players into this Social style playlist. Some of you may play this weekend and never match with another PC gamer. Others will. Regardless, we’d truly appreciate your feedback.

The settings for this test are as follows:

Playlist Settings
PC and Xbox players can matchmake together in this special Versus Playlist from Friday December 2nd - Monday December 5th.

Playlist Type: Social
Modes: Team Deathmatch, Dodgeball, King of the Hill
Maps: All (including Checkout and Dry Dock)
Win XP: 1500 (up from 600)
Loss XP: 750 (up from 100)
Maximum Squad Size: 5

Please do let us know your feedback by posting in this thread. Please tell us the Platform you play on and how you felt about the gameplay experience if you knowingly played with players on another platform.

Even if you haven’t been in a match in Crossplay, we still want to hear your voice. Let us know your concerns or hopes for Crossplay Versus in this thread along with which platform you primarily play on.

Thank you in advance for your feedback and time to help us perform this special test.

The Coalition

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

http://news.xbox.com/2016/12/16/gearsmas-special-events-and-offers/

The Festive Collection

Gearsmas brings a whole bunch of new festive-themed items to customize your look in the spirit of the Holiday!

The Gearsmas Pack is full of Holiday Presents with 28 pieces of unique content to collect. For 400 Credits, each pack contains One Bounty and two items from the Gearsmas collection listed below:

3 ‘Ugly Gearsmas Armor’ Characters – JD, Kait and Swarm Drone
4x Gingerbread Weapon Skins
4x Festive Tree Weapon Skins
4x Snowman Weapon Skins
4x JD Wrapping Paper Weapon Skins
4x Kait Wrapping Paper Weapon Skins
4x Swarm Wrapping Paper Weapon Skins
1 Commemorative Gearsmas Emblem
For the first time, there’s also some special timed rewards to collect that can’t be found in the Gearsmas Pack. Our new Daily Rewards system will be handing out some holiday presents on the days listed below – simply jump on Gears of War 4 to claim your gift!

December 16th: Chuzzmas Emblem
December 24th – 26th: Ice Boomshot
Special Events

On top of all the new customization items to add to your collection, there’s also new ways to play!

Snowball Fight is a brand new special event that features the first custom holiday weapon for Gears of War 4 – the Snowshot. This icy looking Boomshot that fires Snowballs which, in true Gears fashion, still gibs enemies!

The mode is a variant on TDM where everyone starts with the Snowshot and 2 Snowballs. Just like real-life Snowball Fights, you’ll have to scramble to pick up more Snowballs when you’re out!

In the spirit of coming together during the holidays, Crossplay Versus is also back in a Special Event playlist. Throughout Gearsmas, Xbox One and Windows 10 players can game on together in Social with squads of up to 5 players.

As an additional thank you to our fans, both of these playlists feature 1.5x XP for the duration of Gearsmas!

New Surprises

There’s even more to come throughout December for Gears fans. Later this month, the UIR are joining the fight with their own UIR Gear Pack – we’ll be revealing more information on dates and content in this pack next week.

Speaking of the UIR, fans have hunted down many an Easter Egg in our Campaign – but there might be something new to find on December 25. Good luck in your Easter Egg hunt Gears fans!

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/12/16/gearsmas-special-events-and-offers/#BhzAPiO5ieAAJuPv.99

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/gears-4-trial

When is the Gears of War 4 Game Trial available?
The Gears of War 4 Game Trial is available for download between June 9th 2017 and June 15th 2017.

What platforms is the Game Trial available on?
The Gears of War 4 Game Trial is available on Xbox One via the Xbox Marketplace and Windows 10 via the Windows Store. For Windows Users, you must be updated to the Windows 10 Creators Update to play.

How much Hard Drive space do I need to install the Gears of War 4 Game Trial?
Xbox One requires 78.5GB of space available to install, with Windows 10 requiring 93GB of space available.

Is the Game Trial available in my region?
The Gears of War 4 Game Trial is available in all Xbox Live supported territories, except China.

Do I need Xbox Live Gold?
On Xbox One, you must have an Xbox Live Gold account to play Campaign Co-Op via Xbox Live or Multiplayer Modes online. On Windows 10, an Xbox Live Silver or Gold account provides access to all online features.

What counts towards my 10 hour Game Trial limit?
As soon as you start Gears of War 4 from the Xbox Dashboard or the Windows Store, your Game Trial Time begins ticking down. To make the most of your Game Trial limit, we strongly recommend fully closing the application when not playing. Suspending the application, pausing, being on menus or otherwise will still count towards your Game Trial limit.

What happens if I don't play during the Game Trial availability period or use up all 10 hours of the Trial by June 15th?
While the Trial is only available for download between June 9th - 15th, the download will keep your 10 hour Game Trial limit until you use it up - even if that's after June 15th. If you can't play during the Trial period, make sure you download the game during it's availability period so you can play whenever suits you.

What happens if I choose to upgrade?
As the Game Trial is delivered as a full download of the game, you'll get instant access to the entire game the second you complete your purchase. You can continue right where you left off.

What happens to my Saves, Cards, Progression and so on if I decide not to purchase yet?
Other than limited access to campaign and a time limit, the Gears of War 4 Game Trial is the full game. Your Saves, Multiplayer Progressions, Cards, Achievements and more will be saved whether you decide to purchase the game now or later.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.