55 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

eip1234

Reaction score
Check before you buy

Just bought a Samsung 65" UHD flatscreen TV. Didn't really check out the spec. before I bought as I thought things like wifi, bluetooth, etc. should be standard nowadays. Wrong.

The wifi portion is OK - lucky.

This TV is not compatible with a normal BT keyboard. Navigating around using the "smart remote" is NOT SMART at all. It is simply dump stupid. It is only compatible with the original Samsung keyboard or a Logitech one.

Then for online games, how do you play it with the "smart remote"? So, you need an external gamepad right? Sorry, it is not compatible, at all.

Therefore, this TV is now resort to be just a gigantic 65 inches TV monitor where I mirror the image from my mobile phone.

Samsung so "clever", right? This is the dumpest design of TV on earth these days ..... :(:s12:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Samsung 65" UHD flatscreen TV. Didn't really check out the spec. before I bought as I thought things like wifi, bluetooth, etc. should be standard nowadays. Wrong.

This TV is not compatible with a normal BT keyboard. Navigating around using the "smart remote" is NOT SMART at all. It is simply dump stupid. It is only compatible with the original Samsung keyboard or a Logitech one.

Then for online games, how do you play it with the "smart remote"? So, you need an external gamepad right? Sorry, it is not compatible, at all.

Therefore, this TV is now resort to be just a gigantic 65 inches TV monitor where I mirror the image from my mobile phone.

Samsung so "clever", right? This is the dumpest design of TV on earth these days ..... :(:s12:

Smart TVs are not smart as all. These smart Tv from samsung and lg are using their rare OS, very hard to find apps or accessories. Buy them only if you are happy with the few bundled apps, such as youtube, netflix.

The latest trend is Android TV. Philip, Sony and many other brands are adopting it. It can run most of the android apps and accessories.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

there is a remote app for samsung smart tv, you can use it to control.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score

How much you pay for it?

zoomzoom5535

Reaction score
Just bought a 55" LG OLED and noticed that the TV does not able to detect Bluetooth headphone. I understand from some forums saying that LG TV does not support other brand of wireless, except LG.

Is this correct ?

Pls share.

alderbaran

Reaction score
Amazon US is offering a Samsung 55" KS8000 for US$1,300 which converts to S$1,850. It's easily a $1000 cheaper than a Samsung 55" KS7000 offered in Singapore and has better specs (better local dimming for instance). Is there any good reason not to buy from Amazon US and ship it here? I'm certain the ship costs is way below the price difference.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon US is offering a Samsung 55" KS8000 for US$1,300 which converts to S$1,850. It's easily a $1000 cheaper than a Samsung 55" KS7000 offered in Singapore and has better specs (better local dimming for instance). Is there any good reason not to buy from Amazon US and ship it here? I'm certain the ship costs is way below the price difference.
Don't forget the 7% GST as well. Other than the warranty, buying from Amazon is a better choice.

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the voltage is different, need a transformer.

plus no warranty compared to local 3yrs warranty.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the voltage is different, need a transformer.

plus no warranty compared to local 3yrs warranty.

Most of the tv now are using universal power supply. So anything between 100-240v , 50 or 60 Hz are fine.

petetherock

Reaction score
Most of the tv now are using universal power supply. So anything between 100-240v , 50 or 60 Hz are fine.

Keeping this, in case the buyer blows his TV and has to claim from you ...
Unless you can be sure, let's avoid generalisations.
Most large TVs are not actually universal voltage, especially the ones that are sold in USA.
See the sticky for more info.

Cheers

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share this;

yesterday afternoon my 7.5 years 46' LCD Samsung TV kaput.
So 7 years out of touch and did a quick research overnight mostly on Samsung.
This afternoon lunch time drop by Courts Mega to shop around.

Eventually settled on LG 55UH615T as it's the cheapest 55' 4K TV there @ $1599.
It comes with the usual stuff, blur ray player and $80 choice voucher.
Initially wanted to get the 49' @ $999 but the review isnt very good.

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to share this;

Comes with free wall mount and installation?

LG 55UH615T is UHD not 4K right

Last edited:

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Just to share this;

Audio house going for 1499

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just saw a brochure 2017 Electronics Expo 17-19 Feb.. the same model is $1285... me and wife see already want to faint LOL..

ak8nzq.jpg

aw2mtl.jpg

anyway i will be going back Courts to get the refund based on their promise below.
Those electronic fairs are not included so ok lah, i'm not going to queue for hours to get the deal.

http://www.courts.com.sg/ourpolicies/courts-promise.html?page=pricepromise

Last edited:

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
I just saw a brochure 2017 Electronics Expo 17-19 Feb.. the same model is $1285... me and wife see already want to faint LOL..

ak8nzq.jpg

aw2mtl.jpg

anyway i will be going back Courts to get the refund based on their promise below.
Those electronic fairs are not included so ok lah, i'm not going to queue for hours to get the deal.

http://www.courts.com.sg/ourpolicies/courts-promise.html?page=pricepromise

can get this type of price at the stores or die die must buy from the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.