Hokkaido mid May 2017

Sarahanna

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum! I have been to Japan a few times and will be going on my first trip to Hokkaido (excluding Hakodate) this may! Hope to hear from you!

I am planning to travel by train because nobody can drive in the family. Also, I've been to Hakodate previously so it's not necessary to go there.

Any suggestions on some of the must-see places for a first trip to Hokkaido? Planning to station in Sapporo then travel around.

Also, any cherry blossom spots with many cherry blossom trees?

Thanks in advance for your help!

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go japan guide see what you're interested in lo: http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html

What is "must see" for me doesn't mean also "must see" for you.

But anyway I guess my must go list would be Noboribetsu/Jigokudani (stay at dai ichi takimotokan), furano/biei, either one of kurodake mountains (sounkyou onsen) or asahidake mountains, otaru, maybe shiroi koibito park, maybe cape kamui.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.