The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
hi guys, haven't been here in a long time as i have been in ns so not much hair products to use :s22:

My kanebo has ran out already, who is selling kanebo now and who is selling the japan version and who is selling the china version?

also, anybody selling the corium shampoo that kobayashi uses or have any lobang? interested in that as well.

For Kanebo you can hit up bros gaoxing84 or leejhong . Not quite sure bout the jap vs china variations, but they can prolly give u a more informational response. Corium Shampoo I've not heard of, but if anything you can ask leejhong. He brings in quite a few different Asian shampoo brands

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, haven't been here in a long time as i have been in ns so not much hair products to use :s22:

My kanebo has ran out already, who is selling kanebo now and who is selling the japan version and who is selling the china version?

also, anybody selling the corium shampoo that kobayashi uses or have any lobang? interested in that as well.

I think you can look out at Rakuten or Qoo10 (more expensive) for Corium shampoo.

nichsong

Reaction score
Got link for it on the FB group? Can't seem to find the original post

Go search for Cameron Cretney's post on the group bro haha, can't miss one. Even if you can't find it from scrolling, can use the search function, sure can find. Rabak tho.. Duno what type of marketing stunt this is on HDF's part LOL.

In a nutshell, they accuse Blumaan + other big youtube brands such as By Vilain etc of all being "white label" brands. In the sense that they actually all use a generic product formula that is produced by a lab, only diff are minor changes here and there. Idk what they're trying to get at because this is actually common practice.. Brand owners like Blumaan usually have limited knowledge about product formulations. The products are usually produced by a cosmetics lab per request of the company engaging them (u tell them what properties u want in a product, they produce it, if approved then good if not approved then reformulate again). Product formulations are usually some deviation of a generic one. The job and aim of the brands like Blumaan etc is just to market the products and gain revenue. The only few people really doing things differently are the homebrewers, who actually come up with their own formulas and actually brew the products themselevs.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go search for Cameron Cretney's post on the group bro haha, can't miss one. Even if you can't find it from scrolling, can use the search function, sure can find. Rabak tho.. Duno what type of marketing stunt this is on HDF's part LOL.

In a nutshell, they accuse Blumaan + other big youtube brands such as By Vilain etc of all being "white label" brands. In the sense that they actually all use a generic product formula that is produced by a lab, only diff are minor changes here and there. Idk what they're trying to get at because this is actually common practice.. Brand owners like Blumaan usually have limited knowledge about product formulations. The products are usually produced by a cosmetics lab per request of the company engaging them (u tell them what properties u want in a product, they produce it, if approved then good if not approved then reformulate again). Product formulations are usually some deviation of a generic one. The job and aim of the brands like Blumaan etc is just to market the products and gain revenue. The only few people really doing things differently are the homebrewers, who actually come up with their own formulas and actually brew the products themselevs.

there's nothing wrong with that as different formulas will create a different result.
even just buy reducing some and adding others.

By vilain, blumaan, HDF knows nothing about cosmetic chemistry.

so far, i think by vilain is legit, they are lab made of course.

same goes for HDF, the owners know NOTHING about hair products. they just market the products and their products cmi anyway.
They're probably jealous of blumaan trying to use their formula for success.

for blumaan, same same la. between blumaan and hdf, they're the same. gravity paste is blumaan original i think. smells and look the same.
their marketing tactics and naming of products abit cmi. what's fifth sample pomade? why sell if its a sample? LOL

i think above all, by vilain more satki than this 2. at least they steer clear away from generic products.
the only failure is the powermade, don't even know what's that. lol totally useable.3

morris motley is different, hand made and formulated by rob mason himself. he studied cosmetic chemistry and came out with his own unique formula.

same goes for japan brands such as uevo, spice sister and deuxer etc, which are very very diffferent from the US lab made. these are all formulated in japan labs.

lastly, those china nonsense made by singaporeans, LOL, even taobao can buy these wax and repackage, that's why its the same metal tin, smells and look the same.
after 1 year, it all turns into this gooey BS that is useable.
jialat, ubersuave etc, stay away from them.
$9.90, i think gabsty better LOL

Last edited:

xPrecision

Reaction score
@xPreicision Yeap exactly what he said. Try out sea salt spray first and you will see the difference already. 2-3 sprays into damp, towel dried hair, run yr fingers through to get it evenly distributed, then hit it with a blow dryer. Blow dry yr hair upwards, in the direction u wanna go, finish with wax and if you want, hairspray. You can DM gaoxing regarding sea salt spray :) Regarding wax, what brand are you currently using bro?

Thanks, will get that spray and try it out and finish out with my villian. Currently l'm using hair gel coz wax is damaging to my hair, everytime I use it hair just keeps falling off.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, will get that spray and try it out and finish out with my villian. Currently l'm using hair gel coz wax is damaging to my hair, everytime I use it hair just keeps falling off.

Try this combo
Ref 323 sea salt spray and morris motley treatment balm.
I think will help you.

nichsong

Reaction score

What brand of hair gel are you using? Gel provides a good fixated hold, but tends to look really wet and stiff. Most modern waxes geared towards the salon market are more towards the natural sheen/matte finish. I think you're good with By Vilain though. You'll realise that you'll need much lesser finishing product once you use sea salt spray. But if there are other matte finish products you wish to explore, I'd recommend trying out Morris Motley Styling Balm like what GX has recommended, if you can fit it into your budget. Otherwise, you can take a look at leejhong bro's recommendations :) Most of his products work really well with our hair type and climate

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL the blumaan vs hdf saga is a friggin' joke.

all the dumb kids inside. burn HDF la, thrash HDF la.

jin funny.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
How to know what is the expiry date of Uevo? The only numbers printed on box and under wax cube is BF32301

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Expiry and manufacturing date can be manipulated and faked. If indicated on container, just take it with a pinch of salt. If not there, use your 5 senses (Except taste) to judge whether the product has gone bad. As long air tight sealed, product should be fine.

nichsong

Reaction score
LOL the blumaan vs hdf saga is a friggin' joke.

all the dumb kids inside. burn HDF la, thrash HDF la.

jin funny.

Ya bro. Tbh I'm pretty sure quite a few of the aforementioned companies have their products formulated from the same lab. Only reason why they are deemed as "superior" to other products etc is solely because of marketing. And because we are so exposed to all these marketing messages, etc youtube social media etc we tend to think that these are the only good products out there. What if, for example one of the brands like L'oreal or Got2b had their products manufactured in the same lab, and they work just as well as any of the youtuber brand's products? They cost half the price, sometimes more.

When it comes down to it, its all about marketing. I'll mention this tho, HDF did do a good job with the whole "organic" thing which is also reflected in their product formulas: If you notice, there are indeed ALOT of natural extracts in most of their products. This alone sets them apart by ALOT. You don't see this commonly in other products. Even Original by Blumaan's formula contains alot more "synthetic" sounding ingredients.

That being said though, like what GX bro said, Gravity Paste and Original looks to be the same product subject to minor differences in the properties. Smells the same, behaves the same. And guess what, for a HDF formula, Gravity Paste contains significantly lesser natural ingredients than usual. I have a feeling both products are the same, and gravity paste was purposely released earlier than Original in order to capture some of the market share first, and at the same time lead people to think that Original "copied" HDF's Gravity Paste, if anything.

Coupe811

Reaction score
Hi Gurus.. need your advice on the products to use. Recently just soft rebonded my hair. And my hairstyle is back-comb. I do not blow dry hair, only towel dry it. Currently using Roughman Matte Pate, and normal hair spray. Able to recommend products to use? Without having to blow dry? What are some of the products to recommend and how to apply.

I was reading this thread and realised lots of recommendation on Ref 323 Sea Salt Spray.. does it work like a normal spray?

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Gurus.. need your advice on the products to use. Recently just soft rebonded my hair. And my hairstyle is back-comb. I do not blow dry hair, only towel dry it. Currently using Roughman Matte Pate, and normal hair spray. Able to recommend products to use? Without having to blow dry? What are some of the products to recommend and how to apply.

I was reading this thread and realised lots of recommendation on Ref 323 Sea Salt Spray.. does it work like a normal spray?

you need to learn how to blow dry your hair.
towel dry is not going to cut it.

ref 323 is a pre styling spray, meaning you spray on towel dry hair and blow dry using a hair dryer.

when its fully dry, then use a good styling product to style your hair. usually matte styling product or infact most products work best in blown dry hair.

if you don't learn how to blow dry, it's quite hard to style, only alternative is use hair gel. lol

there's also a reason why hair stylist blow dry hair before styling

Coupe811

Reaction score
Thank you and understand that you do sell product? Able to get your website address?

you need to learn how to blow dry your hair.
towel dry is not going to cut it.

ref 323 is a pre styling spray, meaning you spray on towel dry hair and blow dry using a hair dryer.

when its fully dry, then use a good styling product to style your hair. usually matte styling product or infact most products work best in blown dry hair.

if you don't learn how to blow dry, it's quite hard to style, only alternative is use hair gel. lol

there's also a reason why hair stylist blow dry hair before styling

themlpx

Reaction score
Ok so I've scrolled through like 10 pages of the thread and I've ordered the seasalt spray already! Thinking of getting a brush and a wax. I assume that if I want a volume I'll need a round brush. However I saw the morris motley wide tooth comb, would it ever be useful for casual hairstyles? Also I'm deciding between uevo grey and green. I've read that green isn't that shiny and it's more of a natural shine which I"m ok with. Is the difference between the 2 products only the level of shine? Or are there other differences?

nichsong

Reaction score
Ok so I've scrolled through like 10 pages of the thread and I've ordered the seasalt spray already! Thinking of getting a brush and a wax. I assume that if I want a volume I'll need a round brush. However I saw the morris motley wide tooth comb, would it ever be useful for casual hairstyles? Also I'm deciding between uevo grey and green. I've read that green isn't that shiny and it's more of a natural shine which I"m ok with. Is the difference between the 2 products only the level of shine? Or are there other differences?

Imo and based on my experience you won't really need a round brush UNLESS you really want precision control with your styling haha. I think sea salt spray + wax is more than good enough :) As for Uevo, you're right, only diff is probably the shine. If you want a dryer matte look go for grey. Some natural sheen, Green.

themlpx

Reaction score
Imo and based on my experience you won't really need a round brush UNLESS you really want precision control with your styling haha. I think sea salt spray + wax is more than good enough :) As for Uevo, you're right, only diff is probably the shine. If you want a dryer matte look go for grey. Some natural sheen, Green.

Ohh so just ss spray, blowdry using hands to adjust and wax will do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.