Please help a fellow singaporean out and identify this ang moh cheater

whereiszl

Reaction score
Please help a fellow singaporean out and identify this ang moh. I believe he works in Tanjong Pagar area.

On the 07/02/2017 @ Tanjong Pagar MRT, I met up with a Carousell user by the username, "mr.pc". I bought a Sennheiser IE8 earphone from him at the price of $200. I tested the product, at first it sounded "ok", i did not suspect it's authenticity as he was showing me his customised earphones and he seems to be a legit audiophile, i let my guard down. I told mr.pc that i am actually currently using a Sennheiser IE8 too but it was damaged that's the reason why i am getting another one from him. He then asked if he could have a look at my earphone and he said that there is a slight difference in the feel and told me that maybe mine was old, i then paid and he left. After mr.pc left, i plugged in the earphone that i just bought, and it sounded terrible. I couldn't hear the bass and drums. I then took out my original earphone (damaged ones) and compared and realised that there's a slight difference in the logo and the soldering on the earphone that i just bought were terrible, that explains the poor sound quality.

I immediately texted him and said i'm still at the station and asked for a refund or i will make a police report. He replied me that he don't buy fakes as he's a true audiophile, he bought them for 150GBP from Richer Sounds in his hometown, Leicester. He tried to buy sometime by telling me that the sound is not fully broken in and suggested that i test it for another week or 2. I said i got it checked and its a fake (**i lied as i didn't want to make a big fuss & just wanted my refund) and he said how can it be when i'm still at the station and got the earphone checked at the same time.

He then accused me of swapping the earphone and will be giving him the bad pair instead as i've tested it before he left. I then told him that if he's not going to refund me i will report the matter to the police. And mr.pc dared me to do so and told me we will sort it out at the police station. The next day i went to Sennheiser Service centre and they issued me a letter stating that it's a fake and confiscated the earphone. I then messaged him and asked for a refund again but he was nowhere to be found. I've already filed a police report against him. Please help me out and identify him. $200 might not be a lot to many of you but it means a world to me as i can pay for my pet's medical bills. Please help me out fellow singaporeans! Your help is much appreciated, Thank you!

face.jpg
user.png

sort_it_out.png

story.png

prove.jpg

police_report.jpg
letter.jpg

whereiszl

Reaction score
Please help a fellow singaporean out and identify this ang moh. I believe he works in Tanjong Pagar area.

On the 07/02/2017 @ Tanjong Pagar MRT, I met up with a Carousell user by the username, "mr.pc". I bought a Sennheiser IE8 earphone from him at the price of $200. I tested the product, at first it sounded "ok", i did not suspect it's authenticity as he was showing me his customised earphones and he seems to be a legit audiophile, i let my guard down. I told mr.pc that i am actually currently using a Sennheiser IE8 too but it was damaged that's the reason why i am getting another one from him. He then asked if he could have a look at my earphone and he said that there is a slight difference in the feel and told me that maybe mine was old, i then paid and he left. After mr.pc left, i plugged in the earphone that i just bought, and it sounded terrible. I couldn't hear the bass and drums. I then took out my original earphone (damaged ones) and compared and realised that there's a slight difference in the logo and the soldering on the earphone that i just bought were terrible, that explains the poor sound quality.

I immediately texted him and said i'm still at the station and asked for a refund or i will make a police report. He replied me that he don't buy fakes as he's a true audiophile, he bought them for 150GBP from Richer Sounds in his hometown, Leicester. He tried to buy sometime by telling me that the sound is not fully broken in and suggested that i test it for another week or 2. I said i got it checked and its a fake (**i lied as i didn't want to make a big fuss & just wanted my refund) and he said how can it be when i'm still at the station and got the earphone checked at the same time.

He then accused me of swapping the earphone and will be giving him the bad pair instead as i've tested it before he left. I then told him that if he's not going to refund me i will report the matter to the police. And mr.pc dared me to do so and told me we will sort it out at the police station. The next day i went to Sennheiser Service centre and they issued me a letter stating that it's a fake and confiscated the earphone. I then messaged him and asked for a refund again but he was nowhere to be found. I've already filed a police report against him. Please help me out and identify him. $200 might not be a lot to many of you but it means a world to me as i can pay for my pet's medical bills. Please help me out fellow singaporeans! Your help is much appreciated, Thank you!

face.jpg
user.png

sort_it_out.png

story.png

prove.jpg

police_report.jpg
letter.jpg

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

face.jpg
user.png

sort_it_out.png

story.png

prove.jpg

police_report.jpg
letter.jpg

One side story.
You never check with a shop and you message the Ang Moh that you had checked.
This is blatantly lying.
Nobody know whether you are trying to exchange a counterfeit IE8 with the Ang Moh genuine IE8 or not.
I'm not saying you are scammer or the ang moh, really nobody know since you create new nick to post this.
Nobody know who are you or whether is real Singaporean or not.
Remind me of the Singaporean auntie.
http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-s...rd-video-cheating-shopkeeper-does-anyone-know

whereiszl

Reaction score
@delceer

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry if i don't sound legit enough. Is there anything i can do to prove that i'm the victim here? I admitted that i lied about the "getting it checked" part because i was in a panic as this is the first time such thing happened to me. And i just wanted my refund that day. I created this account because i came to know about this forum from my sister and friends. He (mr.pc) sold me the IE 8 without the full box set. I have my IE 8 here with the full box set. Anyways, he asked me to sort it out at the police station but he's uncontactable till today. This is the reason why i posted this forum. Any help is much appreciated.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think no one can prove who has the original. Assuming if he has a receipt from Richer Sound, then can suck thumb if you can't produce a receipt at your end.

If you can prove that, just send the police over to arrest him

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS u had already decided to buy the earphones with $200.. and when u got cheated of the money, u now say u need it for ur pet's medical bills... hmmm...

whereiszl

Reaction score
@8-lane i'm saying it "CAN" pay for my pet's medical bills. I can't post the link to add in more evidence to prove that he sold me a fake. Tomorrow i'll try again. Anyways, Thanks for replying.

whereiszl

Reaction score
@htngwilliam I've checked with the police and i have prove that mine is a original. He doesn't have any receipt from richer sounds, he doesn't even have the full box set. I'll post up more evidence tomorrow as i can't post anymore links today. Thanks for replying.

Last edited:

whereiszl

Reaction score
@produde1999 I've checked with the police officers, if it's word for word they can't do anything but i have evidence here with me and letter from Sennheiser so they are able to arrest him for cheating.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st why would u buy a high end product 2nd hand... and such a high price? :s22:

whereiszl

Reaction score
@gld998 I really really really love music. And It was my falt for letting my guard down... But it semms like nobody here believes me.... haiz... its ok

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@gld998 I really really really love music. And It was my falt for letting my guard down... But it semms like nobody here believes me.... haiz... its ok

not dont believe u... just u tio cheated then come here, we cant do much. Next time pls buy new. Hygiene dude hygiene.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@8-lane i'm saying it "CAN" pay for my pet's medical bills. I can't post the link to add in more evidence to prove that he sold me a fake. Tomorrow i'll try again. Anyways, Thanks for replying.

U had already set ur mind to get the earphones with the $200.. why does it take losing that money to make u change ur mind n say u could've used it for ur pet's medical bills? Is it u wanna gain our sympathy or something?

Last edited:

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just some objective thoughts...

1) You did test it and "passed" it. You had another pair. After the two of you parted ways, in a short span of time you contacted him again to ask for refund, together with the fast turnaround regarding the check (that he was skeptical with), honestly anyone would have been skeptical.

2) Who knows he really had gotten a fake and have always thought it's genuine :s13:

3) He could still be guilty of passing off a fake as genuine.

Please keep us updated!

whereiszl

Reaction score
U had already set ur mind to get the earphones with the $200.. why does it take losing that money to make u change ur mind n say u could've used it for ur pet's medical bills? Is it u wanna gain our sympathy or something?
It's OK 8-lane. I don't think you get my point... I cannot post anymore links or images. I give up... seems like nobody is helping.. I feel very helpless.. I will remember this very day when I'm down my fellow singaporeans are the one kicking me... Thanks for replying anyways.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's OK 8-lane. I don't think you get my point... I cannot post anymore links or images. I give up... seems like nobody is helping.. I feel very helpless.. I will remember this very day when I'm down my fellow singaporeans are the one kicking me... Thanks for replying anyways.

tio cheated 200 only fewling wanna die?! u lose your entire wealth in this earphones issit? Come on.:s13:

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U're most welcome.. :)

And also.. wat's with this.. help fellow singaporean out to bring down an angmoh thing? R u trying to make this into something abt locals vs foreigner as well?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.