Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, newway sounds good from what you guys say. Shall email them for a quote too

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
just had some technician to pump gas twice within six months but the air not cold anymore. sure got some leakage somewhere and the technician quoted me $450 to do pressure test. and that's not including repairing it.

should I just change the pipe? or the whole Aircon system? using Toshiba for the past decade.
was quoted $300 for pipe changing per Aircon.

terumo

Reaction score
How old is your aircon system?

just had some technician to pump gas twice within six months but the air not cold anymore. sure got some leakage somewhere and the technician quoted me $450 to do pressure test. and that's not including repairing it.

should I just change the pipe? or the whole Aircon system? using Toshiba for the past decade.

Injustice

Reaction score
Hi guys,

mitsubishi starmex problem here.

aircon first stopped giving cold air, called for repair and costed 80 for gas refill, less than 12 hours later same issue again.

the person came down again today, took out the outdoor condenser and concluded it was compressor issue. could hear sizzling sound.

called up Mitsubishi and they quoted around 960 for compressor replacement. unit is more than 5 years old and not in warranty.

should i change the whole condenser or just replace the compressor? I did not manage to get a rough quote on the condenser unit tho.

any help deeply appreciated!

empirestrike

Reaction score
Hi guys,

mitsubishi starmex problem here.

aircon first stopped giving cold air, called for repair and costed 80 for gas refill, less than 12 hours later same issue again.

the person came down again today, took out the outdoor condenser and concluded it was compressor issue. could hear sizzling sound.

called up Mitsubishi and they quoted around 960 for compressor replacement. unit is more than 5 years old and not in warranty.

should i change the whole condenser or just replace the compressor? I did not manage to get a rough quote on the condenser unit tho.

any help deeply appreciated!

Can get a quote from REDCON AIR...:s12:

empirestrike

Reaction score

after change the other problem come out... better replace new one... BRO....:D

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
after change the other problem come out... better replace new one... BRO....:D

yeah the installer guys are coming tmr.
Toshiba RAS-4M26SACV $4350 including 5 years extended warranty and $200 voucher.

Qiu Ze

Reaction score
May I know which brands are good now ? Any rankings from top to bottom ?

spreeorganizer

Reaction score
Hi,

If you are installing a new air conditioner, and had opted for new piping, than it is important that you observe the installers to ensure that they do not joint the pipes.

Discuss this requirement with the seller and have it written in your order that no jointing is acceptable except at the FCU and Condenser and to use flared joints. Some worker braze the pipe at the FCU to save them the work to properly route the pipes.

Brazing of the pipes is not acceptable and you should be consulted if worker which to do brazing. Never Never allow them to braze the pipes.

As you are paying for the new pipe, there is no reason why the new pipe need to be jointed. New pipe comes at a length of 15m and this is sufficient for most houses in Singapore.

Jointing of new pipes are done when workers salvage left over new pipes from other installation to save cost. Some pipes may have a few joints from shorter pipes. When pipes are inserted into the insulation, it becomes difficult for the customers to check for brazed joints. Workers will normally insert the pipes into the insulation when you are not around or during lunch time when no one is watching them.

Have it in your agreement that you wish to inspect the new pipe before they are inserted into the insulation.

In Singapore, all air conditioner joint that are brazed are inappropriately done, ie without the use of nitrogen gas and as a result may cause serious failure to the system with expensive repair or even complete change of the whole system.

Attached is a link showing what happened when copper pipe is brazed with and without nitrogen.

https://youtu.be/Bpqxbc9XQ5Y

Air conditioner system consist of parts that have very fine holes in the control devices and scaling from brazed pipe without using nitrogen can easily choke the system.

So NEVER NEVER allow your new pipes to be brazed joint by the worker at any cost. Stop them, or reject the pipe and show them your agreement that you have with the seller.

The above are my opinion and hope that they are helpful.

Hi Dachee,

Do you know what is brazing in chinese? My aircon contractor do not understand what is brazing. He mention that our pipes definitely need to be joint and he will "shao" (烧) the pipes.

vetomoko

Reaction score
hello i am complete noob here. going to get new HDB。

Anyone knows if it is advisable if i buy say a system 2 inverter aircon at online taobao then send here then i get electrician to install everything here?

terumo

Reaction score
Better don't as there is no local warranty coverage i guess.

hello i am complete noob here. going to get new HDB。

Anyone knows if it is advisable if i buy say a system 2 inverter aircon at online taobao then send here then i get electrician to install everything here?

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw someone here recommend newway, got them to come down for a survey. Guy quoted me roughly 7-8k for mitsubishi heavy system 4 and a system 1

expensive leh

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
mitsubishi heavy industries?
my friend who studied aircon last time,said mitsubishi electric is better.

J-Nathan

Reaction score
Questions about getting aircon

Hi all,

Intend to purchase a System 3 for my home but need advice as follows:
1. What brands can I consider if i want something that's value for money?

2. Who are the retailers that's offer more reasonable prices and good after-sale services?

3. Anyone has comments on Yamato insulation used by Best Tech?

4. How is the performance of York aircon ? Any user here?

mitoev96

Reaction score
No such things as value for money, u might get different quote from different company for the same model but it is always the installing parts that tricky. You wont go wrong with those big brands as they had branding to upkeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.