[PS4] Nioh

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the demo was harder, seems to me that the damage was reduced and some enemies were removed, but this wouldn't have been a hard game anyway, onmyo skills like sloth and extraction trivialises most boss fights.

i think it will be harder in new game+ mode like last time ninja gaiden master ninja mode.

qwertified

Reaction score
The first area with the boss in the ship is definitely nerfed compared to the beta, less enemy placements overall, also their detection range like shorter now, not so easy to aggro multiple enemies.

Just beaten 2 areas (excluding the initial part) together with the sub-missions, the 2nd sub-mission of the 2nd area really pissed me off lol, the red warrior + big skeleton dude so irritating to fight.

Thessauron

Reaction score
Argg, so tempted to buy it cos of the Jap setting. I wonder whether it's nerfed enough for aged players like me.

qwertified

Reaction score
Argg, so tempted to buy it cos of the Jap setting. I wonder whether it's nerfed enough for aged players like me.

Depends on what games you used to play. If you had experience in games that require some twitch response like bayonetta or ninja gaiden, should be fine.

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
Depends on what games you used to play. If you had experience in games that require some twitch response like bayonetta or ninja gaiden, should be fine.

need fast reflexes like onimusha counter strike move?

qwertified

Reaction score
need fast reflexes like onimusha counter strike move?

I've never played onimusha so i dont know how difficult that game is. Not to cs extent, honestly i feel i cant play cs ranked anymore lol.

As long as u know a certain move is coming and u are able to dodge it at the last second, thats good enough. U know, the standard boss attack patterns reading.

Last edited:

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
I've never played onimusha so i dont know how difficult that game is. Not to cs extent, honestly i feel i cant play cs ranked anymore lol.

As long as u know a certain move is coming and u are able to dodge it at the last second, thats good enough. U know, the standard boss attack patterns reading.

seen the counter execution move on youtube looks good

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
How would you guys rate the difficulty level in such games?
DS>DS2>Bloodborne>DS3>Nioh>Lords of Fallen?

DS is known for not handholding the players. You are just thrown into the world, no instructions, not tutorial, nothing telling you what to do next or where to go, nothing telling you about the story even, you have to explore and find out yourself. Nioh does a better job at that right? It introduces new mechanics slowly, the first half dozen hours is basically a long tutorial? Is it actually accessible to new comers (say someone more used to action games like God of War or Devil May Cry)? (I keep hearing Nioh is more Onimusha + Ninja Gaiden than DS, it's very different game.)

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i find DS harder....
this one got too many boost from item equipments and kodame.

but skill trees too big... but if farm enough. can master all skill right?

qwertified

Reaction score
How would you guys rate the difficulty level in such games?
DS>DS2>Bloodborne>DS3>Nioh>Lords of Fallen?

DS is known for not handholding the players. You are just thrown into the world, no instructions, not tutorial, nothing telling you what to do next or where to go, nothing telling you about the story even, you have to explore and find out yourself. Nioh does a better job at that right? It introduces new mechanics slowly, the first half dozen hours is basically a long tutorial? Is it actually accessible to new comers (say someone more used to action games like God of War or Devil May Cry)? (I keep hearing Nioh is more Onimusha + Ninja Gaiden than DS, it's very different game.)

Only because its faster paced and moves like combo enemy ->purify yokai realm ->dash away from enemy requires fast and precise execution, the overall gameplay is still very much like DS. More DS than bloodborne because u can block, blocking very important here, will take 0 dmg from most attacks as long as u have stamina.

Nioh has a dojo that teaches u all the basic moves u need to at least beat the first 2 bosses, the skills that u can learn later on, each got a video that shows u how it works.

So far i still find bloodborne more difficult, ds3 is slightly easier than this. The others i didn't play much so can't comment.

Last edited:

Thessauron

Reaction score

I played and completed gaiden b4. Not exactly a walk in the park, but got accomplishment feel. :p

Still remember that stupid shoot arrow fight in the first gaiden. Stage TWO.

But that was years ago, when I was ... younger

qwertified

Reaction score
Dont worry, once u start playing u'll become young again lol. The first part is some kind of a warm up

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont worry, once u start playing u'll become young again lol. The first part is some kind of a warm up

lol i die over 200 times alr

now i jus put cup and wait for people to carry me then farm rev for cup and eq

if no people go play yakuza 0

qwertified

Reaction score
lol i die over 200 times alr

now i jus put cup and wait for people to carry me then farm rev for cup and eq

if no people go play yakuza 0

The worst i've fought so far is the duel vs tachibana muneshige (sub-mission). Sipe jialat, i died like 100+ times over 3 hrs before finally taking him down. The dash attack so hard to siam, 1 mistake only he KO me liao.

Main missions not so bad, some bosses 1st time can beat liao. Great centipede is a joke

Last edited:

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The worst i've fought so far is the duel vs tachibana muneshige (sub-mission). Sipe jialat, i died like 100+ times over 3 hrs before finally taking him down. The dash attack so hard to siam, 1 mistake only he KO me liao.

Main missions not so bad, some bosses 1st time can beat liao. Great centipede is a joke

the umi bozu and frog need to drown in cement

3dfxplayer

Reaction score
the umi bozu and frog need to drown in cement

Did you imbue your weapon with fire for that boss? Its incredibly vulnerable to fire, you do very little dmg without fire and it will eventually one shot you with the laser at some pt.

Frog can be killed with sloth, don't even need 2, just 1 cast is enough for you to unload your attacks on it.

These are just examples of why I think this game isn't exactly more difficult than soulsborne games, there are ways to make yourself super powerful (extraction + living weapon) or enemies super weak (sloth + discord). The game is only incredibly difficult if you try to play without using the blacksmith or onmyo/ninjutsu, kind of like how DS1/2 would have been difficult if you didn't cheese with magic.

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you imbue your weapon with fire for that boss? Its incredibly vulnerable to fire, you do very little dmg without fire and it will eventually one shot you with the laser at some pt.

Frog can be killed with sloth, don't even need 2, just 1 cast is enough for you to unload your attacks on it.

These are just examples of why I think this game isn't exactly more difficult than soulsborne games, there are ways to make yourself super powerful (extraction + living weapon) or enemies super weak (sloth + discord). The game is only incredibly difficult if you try to play without using the blacksmith or onmyo/ninjutsu, kind of like how DS1/2 would have been difficult if you didn't cheese with magic.

bo sloth how to abuse sloth...anyway i beat the slime and toad liao

jus finish immortal flames

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.