Back from South island New Zealand

IGfusion83

Reaction score
Hi all, i booked my tongariro alphine crossing with this tour ->TONGARIRO GUIDED WALKS Quality Guided Walking Experiences

Per pax is 215.
Anyone has prior experience with them?

IGfusion83

Reaction score
Hi
If you drive yourself to Turangi and join a group we will take you to the track from there. If you meet us in Turangi the price would be $215.00 per person as long as there are two or more of you.

The best meeting point with free car parking is Turangi iSite Visitor info centre at 1 Ngawaka Place Turangi 3335. Easy to find. We would meet at 08:15.

We provide lunch and water so please let me know if you have any food allergies or similar.

Advice on what clothing you should wear and what you can borrow from us (no extra charge) if you need it is on our website at http://www.tongariroguidedwalks.nz/equipment.html

Payment is made on the day by Cash, Visa Credit Card or Mastercard Credit Card.

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
If you drive yourself to Turangi and join a group we will take you to the track from there. If you meet us in Turangi the price would be $215.00 per person as long as there are two or more of you.

The best meeting point with free car parking is Turangi iSite Visitor info centre at 1 Ngawaka Place Turangi 3335. Easy to find. We would meet at 08:15.

We provide lunch and water so please let me know if you have any food allergies or similar.

Advice on what clothing you should wear and what you can borrow from us (no extra charge) if you need it is on our website at http://www.tongariroguidedwalks.nz/equipment.html

Payment is made on the day by Cash, Visa Credit Card or Mastercard Credit Card.

Hmm well, won't judge your decision to go with a guide. But judging from the good reviews online, they're probably good at what they do and you shouldn't worried.

IGfusion83

Reaction score
anyone got any idea about internet over there?
is it better to get a wifi egg or go there to use their sim card?

bleach87

Reaction score
NZ in Jun

Hi All,

Going NZ in June, going to south island for 10 days.
Need to bring thick winter jacket?
also going to self drive, so intend to cover 4 places.
namely milford, queenstown, lake takepo and one more not in yet.
Possible to cover these places in 10 days? or am i too ambitious?

lookers

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thick winter jacket is old school style... Nowadays play heat tech from uniqlo + light down jacket +windproof pants can liaoz

4 places is too little.. depends on where you land and fly off from...

lookers

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone got any idea about internet over there?
is it better to get a wifi egg or go there to use their sim card?

Reach CC airport chiong to Telco shop spend $50 get their sim card. Network Coverage was ok throughout the entire NZ

bleach87

Reaction score
Thick winter jacket is old school style... Nowadays play heat tech from uniqlo + light down jacket +windproof pants can liaoz

4 places is too little.. depends on where you land and fly off from...

oh 4 places is little for 10 days, im landing and flying from christchurch

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

might wanna include wanaka between queenstown and lake takapo... the drive between wanaka and queenstown via cadrona valley road and crown range road is nice too...

otherwise 10 days for the 4 places is good too, make sure u include some hikes!

clothes wise, like suggested earlier, uniqlo style can liao... otherwise jus use a few layers including a hoodie/windproof...

lookers

Master Member
Reaction score
oh 4 places is little for 10 days, im landing and flying from christchurch

Mine was 10 days too and initially to land and fly off from CC. However 10 days was too short to do the recommended anti-clockwise route so we ended up paying a little more to fly off from Queenstown >> Auckland >> SG which was actually a good choice I feel.

If I had a choice to go there again, I will plan 2 weeks to do the recommended anti-clockwise route then can get to experience the FJ Glaciers.

The problem was the rented car because if you rented the car from CC and drove to Arthur's Pass>>Greymouth>> FJ Glaciers, there is actually an option to take an expensive heli ride to cut across to Mount Cook. Lol...... but I wasn't sure if I could just leave the rented car at FJ Glaciers. (Maybe some expert traveler can comment)

Anyways I went,

CC >>Akaroa >> Lake Tepako>> Mt Cook >> Twizel >> Wanaka >> Queesntown >> Milford Sound >> Queenstown

For 10 days trip, if wanna chiong, you might need to forgo Milford sound I think...

nz-map-v6.png

Last edited:

bleach87

Reaction score
Mine was 10 days too and initially to land and fly off from CC. However 10 days was too short to do the recommended anti-clockwise route so we ended up paying a little more to fly off from Queenstown >> Auckland >> SG which was actually a good choice I feel.

If I had a choice to go there again, I will plan 2 weeks to do the recommended anti-clockwise route then can get to experience the FJ Glaciers.

The problem was the rented car because if you rented the car from CC and drove to Arthur's Pass>>Greymouth>> FJ Glaciers, there is actually an option to take an expensive heli ride to cut across to Mount Cook. Lol...... but I wasn't sure if I could just leave the rented car at FJ Glaciers. (Maybe some expert traveler can comment)

Anyways I went,

CC >>Akaroa >> Lake Tepako>> Mt Cook >> Twizel >> Wanaka >> Queesntown >> Milford Sound >> Queenstown

For 10 days trip, if wanna chiong, you might need to forgo Milford sound I think...

nz-map-v6.png

whao, thanks for advice here!
anyway can i do it like this?
CC >> Lake Tepako>> Mt Cook >> Wanaka >> Queesntown >> Milford Sound >> CC ?

Satki General

Reaction score
I think might be a little too rush if you want to complete the loop (unless you are ok to fly out from queenstown), winter condition some more

appledabble

Reaction score
My upcoming one is like this

Queenstown >> Twizel >> Mt Cook >> Lake Tekapo Wanaka >> Queenstown >> Te Anau >> Milford Sound >> Queenstown

Every town comes with night stay except Lake Tekapo, which will be a detour down from Mt Cook before driving to Wanaka for 2-night stay; and day trip to Milford with Te Anau as the base.

whao, thanks for advice here!
anyway can i do it like this?
CC >> Lake Tepako>> Mt Cook >> Wanaka >> Queesntown >> Milford Sound >> CC ?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.