Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. This is helpful.

Yes travelling with a kid. Like many others, I will spend 2 full days at Disneyland/sea so wondering if its better to stay in the same area or commuting back every night. I thought it might be better to stay near Disneyland so that we dont have to leave the park so early.

And yes, the thought of having nothing much to do on the first day is the main reason why I am not sure I should stay at Maihama upon arrival even though it seems to be the logical choice.

You can just recce Urayasu area.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g298162-Activities-Urayasu_Chiba_Prefecture_Kanto.html

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. This is helpful.

Yes travelling with a kid. Like many others, I will spend 2 full days at Disneyland/sea so wondering if its better to stay in the same area or commuting back every night. I thought it might be better to stay near Disneyland so that we dont have to leave the park so early.

And yes, the thought of having nothing much to do on the first day is the main reason why I am not sure I should stay at Maihama upon arrival even though it seems to be the logical choice.

Are you visiting the park on the first day itself? Supposing you stay for 2-3 nights there it's still fine as it takes around 15mins from Maihama to Tokyo station. You can still explore the nearby areas such as Ginza, Ueno, Yurakucho, Asakusa, Skytree, etc.

For young kids, they should have more things to do in Disneyland. Disneysea is windy in comparison.

With plenty of luggage, I'd advice that you take the bus from the park to Shinjuku/Shibuya. Much more relaxing and hassle-free.

klavier

Reaction score
Are you visiting the park on the first day itself? Supposing you stay for 2-3 nights there it's still fine as it takes around 15mins from Maihama to Tokyo station. You can still explore the nearby areas such as Ginza, Ueno, Yurakucho, Asakusa, Skytree, etc.

For young kids, they should have more things to do in Disneyland. Disneysea is windy in comparison.

With plenty of luggage, I'd advice that you take the bus from the park to Shinjuku/Shibuya. Much more relaxing and hassle-free.

No not visiting on the day of arrival. The plan is to have a relaxing first day after we land. Head straight from Haneda to leave our bags at the hotel before heading out to explore. Check in late afternoon and have an early night. Disneyland and sea would be on 2nd and 3rd day.

Thank you. Did not know about the bus option. Are you talking about a public bus from Maihama to Shinjuku?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No not visiting on the day of arrival. The plan is to have a relaxing first day after we land. Head straight from Haneda to leave our bags at the hotel before heading out to explore. Check in late afternoon and have an early night. Disneyland and sea would be on 2nd and 3rd day.

Thank you. Did not know about the bus option. Are you talking about a public bus from Maihama to Shinjuku?

I think it's privately run and it goes to the major districts in Tokyo. Have a look at http://info.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/access/index.html. First come, first serve so don't wait till the last minute to catch one as the queue could be long.

Fanytastic

Reaction score
I would like to check can we apply for shore pass at HND airport since i will be transiting there for close to 8 hours after a domestic flight for my flight back to Singapore. I plan to go and walk around before the connecting flight.

tingaling

Reaction score
Is the ¥4000 round trip deal for NEX still valid? Can we depart from a different train station? Say narita - shinjuku, Yokohama - narita

tingaling

Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that the buses going to kawaguchiko all have baggage compartment for large suitcases? Trying to use Fuji highway buses to kawaguchiko and then Sotetsu expressway buses to Yokohama.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
if go Kuromon Ichiba Market during ard 3pm... will there still be shops open? will the better/famous snack stalls be closed/OOS?

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I plan to enter Tokyo by narita/ haneda, then return by Osaka/KIX, the only way is to book 2 one way tickets?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about those luggage with 30/31 inch? Taking shinkasen should be no issues right?

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

Shinkansen don't have storage compartment for luggage except those top compartment (Lift up). but that one cannot store large and heavy luggage.

another alternative is store behind the last row of seat. but that is assuming u reserve the last seat if got people sitting u can't use it.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Shinkansen don't have storage compartment for luggage except those top compartment (Lift up). but that one cannot store large and heavy luggage.

another alternative is store behind the last row of seat. but that is assuming u reserve the last seat if got people sitting u can't use it.
No issue but big luggage compartments are very limited and usually there's some space towards the end of each car.

Then if I'm not gonna buy reserved seat and last row are taken up. Then how?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then if I'm not gonna buy reserved seat and last row are taken up. Then how?

if last row is taken then u can't store at last row technically or else the person sitting last row cannot recline properly.

That's why try to bring as light as possible. Japanese style, once u go there u will see their small luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.