The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xPrecision

Reaction score
What brand of hair gel are you using? Gel provides a good fixated hold, but tends to look really wet and stiff. Most modern waxes geared towards the salon market are more towards the natural sheen/matte finish. I think you're good with By Vilain though. You'll realise that you'll need much lesser finishing product once you use sea salt spray. But if there are other matte finish products you wish to explore, I'd recommend trying out Morris Motley Styling Balm like what GX has recommended, if you can fit it into your budget. Otherwise, you can take a look at leejhong bro's recommendations :) Most of his products work really well with our hair type and climate

I used Follow Me gel, okay leh can hold and looks nice when dry, wind blow also cannot go down lol.

But I'm quite sick of the super wet look already.

I can't wait for the sea salt spray and test test abit first with my Gatsby cheapo wax and see whether nice anot, if not I think l will get the MM chrome instead since I like bling bling hair. Are there any shops that actually sell this? cheap pls

Also I'm thinking of getting a round comb to go along with the spray + blow dry for super volume, is it really needed?

Last question, must I really not shampoo everyday? How you all live by not doing doing that... so oily.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used Follow Me gel, okay leh can hold and looks nice when dry, wind blow also cannot go down lol.

I can't wait for the sea salt spray and test test abit first with my Gatsby cheapo wax and see whether nice anot, if not I think l will get the MM chrome instead since I like bling bling hair. Are there any shops that actually sell this? cheap pls

Also I'm thinking of getting a round comb to go along with the spray + blow dry for super volume, is it really needed?

Last question, must I really not shampoo everyday? How you all live by not doing doing that... so oily.

MM chrome now on offer, $42, should fit your quite well, since you want blong bling hair.

shampoo EVERYDAY, pls, we not in a country where we have 4 seasons.
SG hot and humid + we live in a city, dirt and grime is going to build up.

personal hygiene tops any hair style man

nichsong

Reaction score

For MM Chrome or Balm, the prices are controlled at $45 (GX bro currently has a lobang at $42 for chrome) so there's no cheaper than that. It used to cost $55. For big brands producing quality products, prices tend to be fixed and understandably so.

Regarding the round brush, I honestly feel that it is optional. Only get it if you can spare the time to really do precision styling. Otherwise, a blowdryer is good enough.

Regarding Shampooing, you have to understand our climate. We live in a very hot and humid country, so dirt and sweat etc accumulate and form on our scalp much more as compared to western countries. Add styling product on top of that, thats alot of buildup. So its definitely recommended to shampoo once everyday. Possibly in the evening/at the end of your day.

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there anyone interested to try yamono clay shampoo. (made in japan) pm me. thx

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The MM I got from GX.

Works really well. I think it smells decent, not oily. Best part it wash off easily. I dont have to use a lot also. Can probably last a day for me. I havent try it at super windy places like Denmark or The Hague yet.

Treatment wise, im not sure but can tell after a while ba.

Cryptrus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for hair cut in CCK? preferably near LOT 1 shopping mall. Thks

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
All different brand wax, hair finishing spray, sea salt spray is it can mix when applied on the same hair? I mean they are chemicals so asking is there any brand/types that are know to cause problems like scalp/ drop hair/dandruff problem when applied all on the same hair together.

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score
All different brand wax, hair finishing spray, sea salt spray is it can mix when applied on the same hair? I mean they are chemicals so asking is there any brand/types that are know to cause problems like scalp/hair/dandruff problem when applied all on the same hair together.

Bro I think you need to chill out. You sound like you are either trolling or dealing with a rather prevalant form of OCD.. Not that it's something to be ashamed about, if its the latter. Using products in combination with each other are completely fine.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All different brand wax, hair finishing spray, sea salt spray is it can mix when applied on the same hair? I mean they are chemicals so asking is there any brand/types that are know to cause problems like scalp/ drop hair/dandruff problem when applied all on the same hair together.

Not just hair problems you should be worried about. With all those chemicals already in your body, so not just hair products, When you get exposed to or encounter a strange cloud of radiation you will start shrinking for eternity, which is worst than hair problems. Seriously...there was this one guy.........

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

there's something call R&D testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.